Why does there seem to be more confidence with Drew Lock being 'the guy' for Denver over Dwayne Haskins in Washington?

TOUCAN

3 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Are we really including the games Haskins came in for relief of Keenum (usually down multiple scores) with no reps with the 1's in practice and zero thought towards a gameplan built for him?

I mean, for better or for worse, the Redskisn are the kind of bad team that only their hardcore fans are watching right now. You could totally be 100% right, but I wouldn't expect anyone else to be invested enough to see if this is really true or not.

20 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Correction: Everyone except Gardner Minshew shreds the Texans. (15 points in 2 games)

BTW: Haskins was 45th in rating of players who threw more than 2 passes last year.

If he is good we have not seen it yet.

Then apparently you didn't watch his last 2 games.

I don't think people who haven't watched a Redskins game realize just how bad of a situation they (the coaching staff) through him into.

Not once.
But twice.

Edited by JoshstraDaymus

32 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Eh. Jameis Winston didn't look good.

You are correct. That reminds me that Houston could have ended that game with 3 kneel downs but B O B was so stupid he called a run that got a holding penalty that stopped the clock...

He really is the worst.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Hukos said:

I mean, for better or for worse, the Redskisn are the kind of bad team that only their hardcore fans are watching right now. You could totally be 100% right, but I wouldn't expect anyone else to be invested enough to see if this is really true or not.

Yeah, which is why opinions from "casual" viewers of the Redskins are about as valuable as a piece of lint. 

Just now, HTTRDynasty said:

Preach.

Terry was great though, so I won't really give him the WR thing.

But yeah it's a dumpster fire down there.
We'll see how he does with a better staff.

I wasn't overly impressed with his overall game against the Eagles, but there was a couple plays that he looked promising.

17 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Then apparently you didn't watch his last 2 games.

I don't think people who haven't watched a Redskins game realize just how bad of a situation they (the coaching staff) through him into.

Not once.
But twice.

So he had it tough like Josh Rosen. I will treat him like Josh Rosen until his play on the field shows me otherwise.

BTW, I watched Keenum for 2 quarters of his last game so he gets no credit for not playing.

So now you are saying we must worship him because he looked fine in 1 game against the Philly secondary and good in a half against the Giants secondary?  HARD PASS

I thought he was a 8-20 range first round pick and sometimes rookies don't play well. The jury is out but bad play and selfies while the game is still going on do not inspire confidence.

Lock played extremely well so we like him so far. How dare we reward excellent play with a positive opinion!

Why do people make 'please pretend Player X is better than their stats and record' threads? No one who is not a fanatic of that team ever does nor ever will.

Asking people to worship someone because of a bad situation always ends up with Randall Cunningham as the GoaT. 

• Buddy and Kotite were morons on offense
  • his line was crap
  • his RBs could not run the ball
  • His D had no 2nd corner until 1991. (his nickname was actually Toast (Jenkins))
  • Rhodes gave him 5 minutes to master the WCO
  • His perfect kicker shanked a 38 yarder to miss out on a Super Bowl
  • He had to face the mid-80's Bears D in an actual fog
  • The 1985-1995 NFC East had 7 Super Bowl winning teams as Randall's competition.

He is not the GoaT because those are not the rules.

terrible organization
negative media coverage
• coach fired mid-season
• interim committed to the run
3 rookie WRs
no TE
35-year old starting RB
• compromised O-Line
defense ranked 27th

• Minshew played for a terrible organization (they had to fire the ogre at president and the GM)
    • Every Andy Dalton pass in the NFL so far was for a terrible organization
  • Negative media coverage only affects QB play if you are pathetic
  • So tragic that a bad coach got fired. How could anyone be expected to function?
    • Keenum's rating was 88.3 after Gruden got fired
  • Randall Cunningham had to throw to 2 rookie WRs in 1990. They called him the Ultimate Weapon after that season. 
    • McClaurin is an absolute stud, BTW. Any denial of this is lame.
  • Minshew had no TE
  • What does 34 (he was 35 years old in an alternate universe where Google does not exist to fact check) have to do with 4.3 yards per carry, 5 TDs, and 898 yards rushing?
    • Would a 23 year old AAF reject be a better deal for him?
    • Haskins won 2 games in 7 starts. DC ran for 248 yards in one of those two wins.
  • Boo-Hoo, DC had 1 of the 18 bad O-lines in the NFL!
  • A bad defense often means better stats for QBs since the other team drops into prevent in blowouts or they score quick so you get more possessions.

I will even add a legit point that dingle-nuts on Twitter could not wrap his head around:

They did not play any real home games because nobody supports the team anymore so the other teams fans pack 20-35k fans in FedEx

Edited by SkippyX

10 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

?

He was far better than Rosen in their respective games started as rookies - and worlds better than Rosen as starters last year.

Touche'  He was better than Rosen. Halfway between Rosen and Lock would be fair.

Lets try to make this simple.

Lock > Flacco > Allen (on the same team) OPTIMISM

Keenum > Haskins > McCoy (on the same team)  MEH 

5 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Touche'  He was better than Rosen. Halfway between Rosen and Lock would be fair.

Lets try to make this simple.

Lock > Flacco > Allen (on the same team) OPTIMISM

Keenum > Haskins > McCoy (on the same team)  MEH 

QB A:

Intended Air Yards per Pass: 8.6

On-target throws %: 74.0%

Drop %: 7.1%

% of play-action attempts per pass attempt: 22%

QB B:

Intended Air Yards per Pass: 8.0

On-target throws %: 72.3%

Drop %: 4.7%

% of play-action attempts per pass attempt: 28%

Just for fun, who were QB's A and B over the 2019 season?

Handful of reasons:

• Denver has a better track record as a franchise, which does make it easier for a young QB to develop and succeed
  • Kind of ties in, but record-wise, Lock went 4-1 as a starter, Haskins went 2-5 (Denver being 3-8 when Lock took over makes the 4-1 look even more impressive)
  • The Denver/Houston game was probably the closest thing to a high profile game either team played, and it left a strong impression for Lock
    • Lock also just burst onto the scene with a fast start against LAC and Houston, while Haskins first game time looked very ugly
  • At a glance stats-wise, Lock looks clearly superior (higher completion, higher TD %, lower INT %, higher rating overall, etc.)

And all of the above is amplified by the fact that the teams were bad and so no one really actually watched much of either. I really couldn't tell you who looked better. Aside from the KC/Denver game, I didn't see any full games of either. I would expect this is the case for many others as well.