Why does there seem to be more confidence with Drew Lock being 'the guy' for Denver over Dwayne Haskins in Washington?

TOUCAN

2 hours ago, SkippyX said:

So he had it tough like Josh Rosen. I will treat him like Josh Rosen until his play on the field shows me otherwise.

BTW, I watched Keenum for 2 quarters of his last game so he gets no credit for not playing.

So now you are saying we must worship him because he looked fine in 1 game against the Philly secondary and good in a half against the Giants secondary?  HARD PASS

I thought he was a 8-20 range first round pick and sometimes rookies don't play well. The jury is out but bad play and selfies while the game is still going on do not inspire confidence.

Lock played extremely well so we like him so far. How dare we reward excellent play with a positive opinion!

Why do people make 'please pretend Player X is better than their stats and record' threads? No one who is not a fanatic of that team ever does nor ever will.

Asking people to worship someone because of a bad situation always ends up with Randall Cunningham as the GoaT. 

• Buddy and Kotite were morons on offense
  • his line was crap
  • his RBs could not run the ball
  • His D had no 2nd corner until 1991. (his nickname was actually Toast (Jenkins))
  • Rhodes gave him 5 minutes to master the WCO
  • His perfect kicker shanked a 38 yarder to miss out on a Super Bowl
  • He had to face the mid-80's Bears D in an actual fog
  • The 1985-1995 NFC East had 7 Super Bowl winning teams as Randall's competition.

He is not the GoaT because those are not the rules.

Imagine extrapolating what I said to this degree.

Also imagine mitigating everything I said about the offensive play calling and the changes that Washington made at that point to attempt to strengthen your argument. Do you really not realize the difference in opening up to throwing around on early downs instead of down 1 run for 3 yards, down 2 run for 2, down 3 forced to throw when everyone knows it.

Is this concept escaping you?

Haskins also just played 1 yr of college. How many years did Lock play at Missouri?

Anyways, Jay Gruden had no interest in playing him. Let alone starting him.

Got no 1st team practice reps at all.

Haskins is in good hands now...

Besides, with the way our Defense is gonna look next season returning to the 43 Defense with Del Rio?

Our offense only needs to be as good as San Fran.

Cause our Defense is gonna be crazy good! 💯👍😎

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Yeah, which is why opinions from "casual" viewers of the Redskins are about as valuable as a piece of lint. 

My default position is that I need significantly more data on Haskins before I can say if he's good or not (and the Redskins being good enough to warrant watching would help). A full season in 2020 wouldn't even be enough. A young QB needs 3 seasons worth of full starts before I can say that they're trash. Is that a fair take?

We could be looking at a future Hall of Famer, the guy who resurrected Washington back to football relevance - or we could be looking at another mediocre Quarterback. I simply don't know. There's just not enough out there to really say.

Edited by Hukos
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hukos said:

My default position is that I need significantly more data on Haskins before I can say if he's good or not (and the Redskins being good enough to warrant watching would help). A full season in 2020 wouldn't even be enough. A young QB needs 3 seasons worth of full starts before I can say that they're trash. Is that a fair take?

Yeah, that's definitely fair. 

The wrap on Haskins coming out of college was that he was talented but raw.  We saw that play out his rookie year, as he struggled early but grew exponentially towards the end of the season.  Obviously a very small sample size so no one knows if he's "the guy" yet, and really, most people were calling for him to sit for his entire rookie year, so he's already outpacing most fans' expectations.  I'm expecting him to struggle early again next year, having to learn a new system, but I'm hoping he can eventually be the QB we saw towards the last few games of the year on a consistent basis.

Edited by HTTRDynasty

6 hours ago, Bolts223 said:

I mean I understand that these are small sample sizes but:

Drew Lock Rookie year

• 7 TD, 3 interceptions
  • 64.1 completion %
  • 6.5 Y/A
  • 6.6 AY/A
  • 89.7 Passer rating

Haskins in his starts:

▪️ 7 TDs, 3 interceptions

▪️ 59.1 completion %

▪️ 6.8 Y/A

▪️ 6.8 AY/A

▪️ 85.5 passer rating

🤷🏻‍♂️

I also saw a article on NFL.com that ranked QBs and Haskins was actually ahead of Lock by 1 spot despite being worse last year in nearly every metric possible. So people are surely appreciating what Haskins can become.

I watched Lock this year and his poise really impressed me. He was a lot more efficient and can make all of the throws that you dont really expect a rookie to make. Its almost like his injury that caused him to sit out was a blessing in disguise. Haskins on the other hand got put into a dumpster fire that did him zero favors. A offseason under his belt will serve him very well.

I will say that when Lock came in it rejuvenated the entire team and all players were almost playing for him. There was a renewed energy that he brought to the team and players were really excited. It seemed like the opposite happened with Haskins and he looked like a rookie a lot of the time.

Its stupid to rate/judge either player against one another until at least the end of next season.

Edited by AkronsWitness

17 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Imagine extrapolating what I said to this degree.

Also imagine mitigating everything I said about the offensive play calling and the changes that Washington made at that point to attempt to strengthen your argument. Do you really not realize the difference in opening up to throwing around on early downs instead of down 1 run for 3 yards, down 2 run for 2, down 3 forced to throw when everyone knows it.

Is this concept escaping you?

Lock played very well on a weak team with mediocre players and he outperformed an established starter.

Haskins did none of this when his whole season is taken as a whole.

The thread is about why perception is different. You can deny all you want. It changes nothing.

This same logic can be used to make a weaksauce case for Andy Dalton as league MVP because he had so many challenges. Its idiotic drivel.

I am probably the biggest Foles fan on the planet who's last name is not Foles.

He sucked in St Louis.

I can point out how he played 8 playoff teams in 11 weeks and how he had a handful of really great games. He still sucked.

I looked past that one bad circumstance and looked at his career as an Eagle before that to see that St Louis was dragging him down.

I did not think he should have started over Wentz in the summer of 2017.

Haskins only has this year on his resume and he was about the worst of all rookie QBs.

Save the trouble of replying, I will do it for you below:

4kR.gif

The Giants had 10 interceptions all season. 3 of them came from Haskins in his first appearance.

He had another pick in 5 passes in his next appearance.

His rating in his first 5 starts was 71.3. We all saw highlights or look-ins from Red Zone

Haskins had a really good game against the Eagles in what was a playoff game for the Eagles  (this is a huge positive)

He had a really good half against the Giants in the 'who is going to lose out on Chase Young' bowl. (meh)

BTW, Lock and Haskins both played the Lions after the Diggs trade  (epic all-time horrible pass defense)

It was Haskin's 3rd start(5th game) and Lock's 4th start (4th game)

How did they both do?

I should not have to tell you these things since you are such an expert of watching every snap from a bad team but clearly you have little understanding of just how bad a QB Haskins was until the Philly game. 203 touches (passes, sacks, runs)  61.2 rating, 55% completions 6.1 ypa 3 TDs , 7 picks, 5 fumbles (only 1 lost)

Kyle Allen had 9 TDs 0 picks 2 fumbles and 1 lost in 3 of his 2019 games.

Do we pretend he is great while ignoring the 8 TDs 16 picks 11 fumbles and 6 lost in the other 10 games?

I'm just trying to figure out these insane logic rules.

Maybe Carolina is all set at QB and we are fools to think otherwise. xD

Edited by SkippyX

50 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

The Giants had 10 interceptions all season. 3 of them came from Haskins in his first appearance.

Lmao.

Haskins gets thrown in for his first regular season action down 0-14 at the end of the 1st half.  One interception was tipped by his own guy and caught by the defender.  Another interception was a 50-50 ball his WR (who will likely be cut this offseason) couldn't come down with.  Let's just ignore that though and look at the box score.

Gotta love the people on here who ignore context.  Bringing that incredibly deep analysis on the daily.

As an outsider who doesn't really follow either team -- it's because Denver became competitive with Lock throwing the ball and the Redskins still sucked with Haskins throwing the ball.

Credit those reasons to whatever you want, but that's how I see it.

Edited by lolsurebro

QBs Ratings vs the Lions after they traded Quandre Diggs:

• Daniel Jones  124.2 (rookie)
  • Derek Carr 116.2
  • Trubisky 131.0
  • Dak 116.6
  • Haskins 47.5 (rookie)
  • Trubisky 118.1
  • Cousins 111.4
  • Winston 124.9
  • Lock 99.6 (rookie)
  • Rodgers 72.0

The Lions gave up 23 TDs to 4 picks in those 10 games.  Haskins had no TDs and a pick.

The graphic about Trubisky being better than Brady during a certain span this year was 100% based on that Lions D.

Yikes, indeed!

QB Ratings against the Atlanta Falcons over the first 8 weeks of the 2019 season:

• Kirk Cousins - 140.8
  • Carson Wentz - 61.3
  • Jacoby Brissett - 118.1
  • Marcus Mariota - 129.7
  • Deshaun Watson - 158.3
  • Kyler Murray - 128.2
  • Jared Goff - 99.8
  • Russell Wilson - 131.7

Yikes, indeed!

Hey, that was fun :)

• Like 1