Kareem Hunt Comp

Chiefer

22 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Gotta go with Fred Taylor, myself

Not Taylor. He was a speed guy. It's hard to compare one, but Terrell Davis is probably best. He had the vision and the balance without the blazing speed. Let's hope KH performs as well in the post season. Gore isn't bad. he had the pass receiving side.

J

On 9/18/2017 at 8:39 PM, chiefs82 said:

I think he reminds me more of Frank Gore. Low, powerful, faster than people think and incredible balance.

Yeah, I've thought on this for awhile mostly stumped, and I think Gore is the best comparison I've seen or come up with so far. He's an interesting physical specimen, because he isn't really elite in any one trait (he doesn't have the speed of Charles or the agility of McCoy or the power of Bettis or anything), but there's really no noticeable flaw to him as a runner, and his strongest traits (lower body strength and balance) aren't the ones that typically stand out. But it makes for a really impressive runner. He isn't all that likely to knock a LB on his ***, for instance, but when he collides with a LB he has the balance to stay on his feet and bounce off, regardless of who hit the other harder, and the acceleration to get moving again quickly. It's really fun to watch. And the more I've started watching of him in college, he was doing this then, too. It's just hard to tell the difference, scouting, between a RB steamrolling weaker competition with power, and doing what Hunt is doing in the NFL. So I can also still kind of understand why he fell. A 210 pound bulldozer in a small conference doesn't seem like it would translate, but his style is a bit more nuanced than that.

Topped 400 rushing yards, and 500 total yards today. Second place really isn't even close. I was optimistic about the pick, but man I didn't expect anything like this. He's looking about as good as any of the RBs we've had the past two decades. Which is saying a LOT.

I'm not a fantasy guy, but:

Kareem Hunt, RB, Kansas City Chiefs: He just continues to rewrite the record books, posting 25.3 PPR fantasy points on Sunday, his third consecutive week with at least 25. He joined Marcus Allen (1982 Weeks 1-3) as the only two players (at any position) since at least 1950 to score at least that many in each of their first three NFL games, and Hunt's 96.8 total PPR fantasy points and 87.8 non-PPR fantasy points are second most behind only Billy Sims' 98.2 and 92.2 (1980 Weeks 1-3) through the first three games of an NFL career. Hunt was started in 98.6 percent of ESPN leagues in Week 3, and continued to cement his status as an every-week, front-of-the-RB1-class weekly fantasy play.

Archived