Kareem Hunt Comp

Chiefer

12 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Topped 400 rushing yards, and 500 total yards today. Second place really isn't even close. I was optimistic about the pick, but man I didn't expect anything like this. He's looking about as good as any of the RBs we've had the past two decades. Which is saying a LOT.

Amazing that he's already at 400 yards. His usage really isn't crazy right now either, I'm sure Reid is trying to limit his touches to not wear down the rookie. In comparison his historical counterpart had 20 or 30 more yards but on like 15 more carries. 

Hes playing like he's a HOF running back right now. 

6 hours ago, chiefs82 said:

I think the amazing part of hunt is, he's clutch. Yesterday: 69 yard run to end the game basically, in NE: TD run and then that 55 yard run to help ice that game; against Philly: that long TD run to help get the lead. 

He's a big reason we're so good in the 4th quarter. Just puts the game away for us. I guess he's not as slow as people thought 

Jist looked it up and Hunt has 401 yards. That's more rushing yards than 26 teams in the league

Hunt is on pace for a new yardage record and new total yardage record. Well ahead of Eric Dickerson's rookie records. 

Obviously, the pace is likely to drop (along with the 8.2 YPA), but it should give you some context. This is untrodden ground.

BTW The Chiefs do have a 200 yard rushing game. The RB name is a trivia question.

J

Interesting to see the discussion about him getting just 15 touches a game or so ... 

Keep him fresh .. he'll have another 60 yds to run ... 

More seriously: why use him more? O gets short field from turnovers. O gets long gains.Why even think about getting him more TOUCHES?

5 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Hunt is on pace for a new yardage record and new total yardage record. Well ahead of Eric Dickerson's rookie records. 

Obviously, the pace is likely to drop (along with the 8.2 YPA), but it should give you some context. This is untrodden ground.

BTW The Chiefs do have a 200 yard rushing game. The RB name is a trivia question.

J

I'll guess Larry Johnson. 

21 minutes ago, starbarkc said:

I'll guess Larry Johnson. 

My bad. Yes, LJ twice. It's happened six times, including the club record 259 by JC. 

Hunt's game is #16 on the Chiefs list. Of the 15 ahead, JC owns five, while Priest holmes and Larry Johnson three each. 

Who did 200 yds first. Hint: before LJ

J

4 hours ago, KC_Guy said:

Barry Word ... 1990 I think

We have a winner. It was the Christian Okoye era. 

This is the whole list of Rookie game 1 with both 50 yards rushing and receiving:

Rk        YScm
1    Kareem Hunt    246
2    Billy Sims    217
3    Sid Blanks    184
4    Marcus Allen*    180
5    Curt Warner    165
6    Adrian Peterson    163
7    Terry Miller    157
8    Johnny Johnson    153
9    Charley Taylor*    150
10    Ricky Watters    150
11    Earl Cooper    148
12    Joe Cribbs    131
13    Rodney Culver    130
14    Reggie Bush    119

If you drop the 50/50 requirement, the list gets much longer. Anquan Boldin had 217 yards receiving to tie for 2nd. In any event, this is quite a list.

J

5 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Interesting comparison. Good receiver out of the backfield, not the fastest but got his share of long runs, intense competitor. Hunt does not have Allen's fluid grace, but the balance and awareness, yeah.

J

Yeah I don't see Hunt picking through a pile like Allen to get the tough yards or a goal line TD. Hunt is more smash-mouth in that regard.

But they share a lot of traits for sure. Like finding the hole and hitting it at top speed.

2 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Hunt isn't a smaller type. He also does not dance like Walter. 

Back then I referred to it as our LB corpse.

J

Both are the same height, Hunt has about 10 lbs on Payton. By NFL standards that's not very big.

theres plenty of highlights where Payton just blasts through tacklers as well. 

tumblr_msa2ek058k1qhkbk8o1_400.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I'm just enjoying posting these gifs. That contact balance trait is real similar to Sweetness

Archived