Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SmittyBacall

Trading Andy Dalton

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, theJ said:

That sounds like a you problem.  Don't make your problems our problems.  We have enough already.

I wish you guys 20 more years of incompetency and bad football!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I wish you guys 20 more years of incompetency and bad football!!!!!

Coward's curse, tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You can ya know, avoid all this by doing the right thing!

You think we're scared of this?  This franchise is clearly already cursed after witnessing the Kimo Von Fattenhoffen knee rollup and Burfict meltdown.  Keeping AJ from you is a guaranteed win.

Now, if you can offer certain guarantees centered around playoff wins in the near term, then we'll talk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Unfortunately we just won too many damn games and have a very low pick! Win all those games and to come away with no SB but a low first rounder with no other draft pick until the 5th round is brutal!

But I'll tell you what, you guys tag Green, we tag Armstead and we trade them for each other????

No thanks.  Bosa for Green

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

Good grief. Not sure I can take an offseason of this crap. 

No kidding. Who was the last team to have the #1 pick and have THIS much offensive talent and people still talking crap. I’m excited to see what Burrow can do with AJ, Boyd, Mixon, etc... Especially if Burrow forces Mikey to spend a little bit of cash in FA (Thuney) to woo him to come to Cincinnati. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Carson4MVP said:

No kidding. Who was the last team to have the #1 pick and have THIS much offensive talent and people still talking crap. I’m excited to see what Burrow can do with AJ, Boyd, Mixon, etc... Especially if Burrow forces Mikey to spend a little bit of cash in FA (Thuney) to woo him to come to Cincinnati. 

Objectively it's a good place for Burrow to land.  Subjectively, the Bengals were 2-14 so it's WATCH YOUR BACK BURROW.

Anyway, this is a thread about Andy.  

I think he ends up in Chicago.  I don't think Indy will be all that thrilled about going from Brisset to Andy.  I think they either stick with Brisset for another year, or sign someone in FA.  NE i would i think ends back up with Brady or gets Bridgewater or something.  I could see Chicago trading for Andy and re-doing his deal to extend him a year and lowering his salary even more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rumor is that the Bengals are already talking with a couple teams, so it's more than "willing to work with Andy on a trade", it's more so, "are currently working on a trade".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Carson4MVP said:

No kidding. Who was the last team to have the #1 pick and have THIS much offensive talent and people still talking crap. I’m excited to see what Burrow can do with AJ, Boyd, Mixon, etc... Especially if Burrow forces Mikey to spend a little bit of cash in FA (Thuney) to woo him to come to Cincinnati. 

Not sure I'd hold out hope for thuney unless he gets way less money than I expect. 

Dalton will likely be in the second wave of qb moves, once teams figure out who's going where, he'll be a fall back option. Right now I expect they are just doing ground work for eventual deals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

Dalton will likely be in the second wave of qb moves, once teams figure out who's going where, he'll be a fall back option. Right now I expect they are just doing ground work for eventual deals. 

Agreed.  Someone is going to be left standing on the QB carousel, and that's the point where they unload him in a massive deal for a 6th round pick, lol.  I doubt anyone is willing make the concession to Dalton quite yet when you still have Brady, Rivers and Bridgewater out there.

But they have to know who the players are before they get to that point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, theJ said:

I doubt anyone is willing make the concession to Dalton quite yet when you still have Brady, Rivers and Bridgewater out there.

I’m not so sure. Dalton might be the cheapest short term option out of all them; Bridgewater, Winston, and Rivers will all cost a pretty penny. He’s probably the best bang for your buck right now on the market. It’ll be interesting to see how the league values him, to say the least. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, theJ said:

Agreed.  Someone is going to be left standing on the QB carousel, and that's the point where they unload him in a massive deal for a 6th round pick, lol.  I doubt anyone is willing make the concession to Dalton quite yet when you still have Brady, Rivers and Bridgewater out there.

But they have to know who the players are before they get to that point.

Brady will end up back in New England, i'll believe that until I see otherwise.
Rivers is going to get paid well on a 2 year deal, something like 2 years, $50 million
Some sap is going to give Bridgewater a $100+ million contract.

A 5th rd pick for 1 year of competent QB play at $17 million has some value vs the alternatives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't believe any team will sign Andy to be their starter. He'll get a backup job like Case Keenum or someone like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×