Trading Andy Dalton

SmittyBacall

30 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

Fingers crossed for something good 

If true, the Bears own the following in 2020: 2nd, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 6th, 7th. 

Best case scenario we land a 4th? I’ll take it. Maybe trade Dalton and a 4th for the Bears 2nd (50th)?

19 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

I'd say best case would be that second if we are convincing them that other teams are in for a third and they just want to get it done.  But I'd be happy with a 4, no doubt.

Agreed.  Best case is the 2nd.  Worst case is the 4th.  Tobin and Brown would not have agreed to a trade this early in the process for anything less.

• Like 3

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 10:42 AM, SmittyBacall said:

If true, the Bears own the following in 2020: 2nd, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 6th, 7th. 

Best case scenario we land a 4th? I’ll take it. Maybe trade Dalton and a 4th for the Bears 2nd (50th)?

The Bears 4th is pick 31 in the 4th, so it is almost a 5th really.

9 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

What are the chances we hang onto Dalton now?

Echoing the sentiments here.  Probably close to 0.  I think they want to hang onto both Finley and Dolegala, and don't want the distraction of Dalton on the bench (not that he would cause the distraction, exactly, but he has history with everyone on the roster that could make things difficult).

Extensions? We still need starters. Are we assuming XSF will be a starter at RG? I'm not sure about that. He was the Cowboys backup LG last year until Connor Williams got hurt. We need LBs too. And still have Hart and Uzomah in the starting lineup at the moment 

Who is out there that we are going to sign?  I'm not against signing more guys at all, but at this point the starting options are drying up.  33 and 65 are almost assuredly hitting OL and LB at this point, i'd like to see at least one more signing so one of those can be replaced by BPA, but we'll see if it happens.  Nick Vigil might be the top LB available at this point.