Trading Andy Dalton

SmittyBacall

18 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Extensions? We still need starters. Are we assuming XSF will be a starter at RG? I'm not sure about that. He was the Cowboys backup LG last year until Connor Williams got hurt. We need LBs too. And still have Hart and Uzomah in the starting lineup at the moment 

If we don’t sign players to extensions we won’t have future starters.

• Like 2

It's really not impossible to have legitimate NFL starters at every position (except QB) going into the draft. 

We should sign Ebron or Eifert to be the starting TE. I would have paid up for Conklin at the beginning.  We need a couple of LBs. Might as well get Trevathan in.  We could have signed Pierre-Louis cheap, he only got 4 mil and is a 3 down player. Van Roten and Kline are both better than XSF and would be starting options for us. Gabe Jackson would be even better in trade. Maybe we can get Minnesota to trade Kyle Rudolph to us for Dre? They cost about the same, their rookie TE had a good season last year and they need help at CB.

7 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

It's really not impossible to have legitimate NFL starters at every position (except QB) going into the draft. 

We should sign Ebron or Eifert to be the starting TE. I would have paid up for Conklin at the beginning.  We need a couple of LBs. Might as well get Trevathan in.  We could have signed Pierre-Louis cheap, he only got 4 mil and is a 3 down player. Van Roten and Kline are both better than XSF and would be starting options for us. Gabe Jackson would be even better in trade. Maybe we can get Minnesota to trade Kyle Rudolph to us for Dre? They cost about the same, their rookie TE had a good season last year and they need help at CB.

Drew Sample, for as much as I despise the pick, needs to be thrusted into meaningful snaps. We use premium draft capitol to select him, and can’t give up on him yet. The TE position is a notoriously slow transition for rookies. Give him some time and opportunity to develop.

Plus, what about last year makes you think they value tight end in this offense enough to shell out more money?