Buccaneers New Uniforms Confirmed

DigInBoys

Other than for revenue and marketing I never get why teams change their jerseys over time only to go back to their original/inaugural jerseys. 

Makes you appreciate the old guard teams like the Steelers, Packers, Bears, Cheifs, etc. who rarely if ever make any modifications to their jerseys.

3 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Other than for revenue and marketing I never get why teams change their jerseys over time only to go back to their original/inaugural jerseys. 

Makes you appreciate the old guard teams like the Steelers, Packers, Bears, Cheifs, etc. who rarely if ever make any modifications to their jerseys.

It's fun to do new stuff. Glad the NFL isn't like soccer though where each uniform has like a 3 year shelf life.

I wish the league loosened up on their rules overall for it.
Like why the heck couldn't the Saints wear their alternate All'Whites like they wanted to in the playoffs?
We all knew the Bucs look was terrible, why make them wait so long?

I'd like to see teams come out with one off uniforms. Do something creative with their look like the NBA has been doing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Balyoist said:

Why is everyone changing their uniforms?

It's a way to market it as a new era...and to sell more stuff.  Plus, if you ripped by your fans and nationwide for some choices you made in the past edition, you're gonna change them as soon as you possibly can, which is generally after 5 years.  

As far as my team (Vikings), I would have preferred a long time to just update their original jerseys, but the Chilly era made their mistakes with the update...the most recent one brought it back to closer to what they originally had, which is why I'm happy with it.  In the future, they should just update/modernize this same look when the time calls for it.  

As far as the Bucs/Browns, since they were so hideous, they demanded changing.  The Rams had to because the conflicting look left over from them moving to LA couldn't remain (they had to keep the jerseys because of the 5 year rule).  The Falcons haven't changed in 15 years and their look became outdated, kind of like old wallpaper from the 70s.  

Year 4,762

Commentaror: Hey everyone let’s take you to the 10 ugliest football jerseys in football history throughout our 50 Professional Leagues:

10) 3540 Snakes

9) 4100 Centurians

8) 2842 Hydras

7) 4653 Galaxy

6) 2389 Bulls

5) 4284 Martians

4) 3972 Predators

3) 3354 Knights

2) 4392 Rainbow Hawks

1) 2019 Buccaneers

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, topwop1 said:

In the case of the Falcons, it's because the current uniforms look mediocre. The black jerseys they used in the 90's and as a throwback for some games looks 1000000000x better than their current uniforms.

Image result for falcons black jersey

Left looks amazing, the red and white home jersey is pretty mediocre, and the road jersey looks uninspired. The blackouts just look sharper than their current uniforms. I don't know how other teams feel about it, but I'm all in for the blackout uniforms.

19 hours ago, Kiltman said:

So we have 3 going traditional

• Falcons 
  • Browns
  • Bucs

and one changing things up a bit, colors wise, but basing a lot of it off what came before.

• Rams

I know there was a lot of speculation that the Panthers and Chargers would be doing something too.
But it doesn't seem like it at this point.

the eagles need a new shade of green the nike version of our green is hideous currently.

7 hours ago, Kiltman said:

It's fun to do new stuff. Glad the NFL isn't like soccer though where each uniform has like a 3 year shelf life.

I wish the league loosened up on their rules overall for it.
Like why the heck couldn't the Saints wear their alternate All'Whites like they wanted to in the playoffs?
We all knew the Bucs look was terrible, why make them wait so long?

I'd like to see teams come out with one off uniforms. Do something creative with their look like the NBA has been doing.

I agree, just like the NFL denied the niners their request to use the all white alts for the SB. That would have been cool.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hukos said:

In the case of the Falcons, it's because the current uniforms look mediocre. The black jerseys they used in the 90's and as a throwback for some games looks 1000000000x better than their current uniforms.

Image result for falcons black jersey

Left looks amazing, the red and white home jersey is pretty mediocre, and the road jersey looks uninspired. The blackouts just look sharper than their current uniforms. I don't know how other teams feel about it, but I'm all in for the blackout uniforms.

I acknowledge your point of view is the prevailing one, but I disagree. I don’t see how the road ones are uninspired as they have more unique details than most road uniforms. They have the multi-layered shoulder pattern, that particular backdrop of the numbers, and the sides of the jersey and pants.

If anything is uninspired, it’s the blackouts on the left. It’s just another “tough” black jersey. That uniform has nothing that differentiates it from any other generic blackout from high school to pro.

And though it’s a different shade of red, their home jersey color is one I associate with Georgia Bulldogs. It’s fitting.