Buccaneers New Uniforms Confirmed

DigInBoys

22 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

Funny how things have changed. When I started following football in the mid-90s, I loved the Bucs' orange and white uniforms and everyone else hated them. Now more people than ever want them to go back. I still hold that when Josh Freeman led that awful, awful 2009 team to their upset win over the Packers, they should have worn those throwback duds the rest of the year. 

People love throwback uniforms of their team in the 70s-90s when in reality they are all just the same basic uniform design with different colors depending on team. Vertical pant stripe, stripes on the sleeves and logo on the helmet.

Those Bucs, Bears, Packers, Browns, Raiders, Broncos, Dolphins, Cowboys, Steelers, Lions, Bills, ect, ect, ect for days are all just different colored versions of the same uniform and I personally find it very stale. Have no idea why some find those so attractive. The only explanation I have is that people are very nostalgic.

Edited by AkronsWitness

5 hours ago, Duluther said:

They have the multi-layered shoulder pattern, that particular backdrop of the numbers, and the sides of the jersey and pants.

Really? I find the road jerseys kind of embarrassing and I'm genuinely surprised that other people don't mock them for being atrocious. They've always just looked stupid to me. Red and White clash horribly, black and white is much cleaner and more elegant.

5 hours ago, Duluther said:

And though it’s a different shade of red, their home jersey color is one I associate with Georgia Bulldogs. It’s fitting.

I actively root against the SEC, so this comparison is not flattering in the slightest. If there's one team I don't want to associate with, it's UGA.

Edited by Hukos

4 hours ago, Hukos said:

Really? I find the road jerseys kind of embarrassing and I'm genuinely surprised that other people don't mock them for being atrocious. They've always just looked stupid to me. Red and White clash horribly, black and white is much cleaner and more elegant.

I actively root against the SEC, so this comparison is not flattering in the slightest. If there's one team I don't want to associate with, it's UGA.

How do red and white clash? They objectively can’t based on color theory.

I don’t root for the SEC at all either. It’s the fact that the Falcons and the Bulldogs are in the same state and have not-so-roughly the same fan bases that make it a meaningful connection.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

the eagles need a new shade of green the nike version of our green is hideous currently.

I think what we currently have is better than the 2000s at least, where it looked wildly different depending on the lighting and any ounce of liquid showed up in the worst way.

I would dig a change, but at least the current one is on a better place. Hope they do a tweak it at some point, it certainly could use it.

13 hours ago, Jeezla said:

The Colts need to change it up. Their jerseys are JV high school jerseys. I would own a Darius Leonard jersey if they actually looked good.

I personally think they're fine...sure they could modernize it a little with a few subtle changes, but don't change the look drastically.  And in response to @Duluther above...backdrop shadows are awful and shouldn't exist.  I thought we learned that from the 49ers ones.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

I don’t know about you guys, but I’ve always liked these jerseys. Why not just go back?

They're certainly better than what they have now, but I've never been a fan of pewter and red together...plus, why they wear dark colors at home in Florida will never make any sense to me, considering darker colors absorb heat, which probably means they expend more energy than their opponents.  

• Like 1

On 2/12/2020 at 8:29 PM, August4th said:

jags getting rid of that two color helmet and now bucs are moving away from those alarm clock numbers...progress!

Those numbers have to be the worst thing I've seen in a long time on a uni. I think the Nike Ducks, I mean Oregon Ducks use the same huge number scheme. Alarm clock numbers, love it. I'm gonna use that one from now on. 

• Like 1

On 2/13/2020 at 12:39 PM, topwop1 said:

Other than for revenue and marketing I never get why teams change their jerseys over time only to go back to their original/inaugural jerseys. 

Makes you appreciate the old guard teams like the Steelers, Packers, Bears, Cheifs, etc. who rarely if ever make any modifications to their jerseys.

Pittsburgh+Steelers+1200.jpg

I mean they did get it right (mostly) in 1954/1960 and then took horrible turns until going back in 74. A decent portion of their history, there has been pretty terrible uniforms, it's just that they learned their lesson in the 70s. Those Steagles uniforms though... haha

• Like 1

On 2/12/2020 at 10:32 PM, Duluther said:

Yeah, those were the worst uniforms I’ve ever seen at any level of football.

You haven't watched much football then.  Jags, Seahawks, and Oregon U all blow them away, just off the top of my head and that's just current stuff, not all time ever

But yeah, TB was long overdue to correct a mistake that tried to correct a mistake lol

Edited by bomont

19 hours ago, Duluther said:

How do red and white clash? They objectively can’t based on color theory.

I wasn't really up to date on color theory, but it just looks ugly to me. It's plain, generic, and boring. What do you see in it that's supposedly so great?

19 hours ago, Duluther said:

I don’t root for the SEC at all either. It’s the fact that the Falcons and the Bulldogs are in the same state and have not-so-roughly the same fan bases that make it a meaningful connection.

Bulldogs fans don't care about the Falcons at all unless it's draft time, in which case they'll scream from high heavens on why their favorite UGA player should be drafted by the Falcons. After that, they'll go on ignoring the Falcons unless they're actually good.

7 hours ago, bomont said:

You haven't watched much football then.  Jags, Seahawks, and Oregon U all blow them away, just off the top of my head and that's just current stuff, not all time ever

But yeah, TB was long overdue to correct a mistake that tried to correct a mistake lol

That seems really unnecessary. I’ve been watching since the 90’s and love to watch games from before then often.

I will easily take any of those over TB’s. (Not to mention none of those have anything to do with how long one’s watched football. Those are all within the last ten years.)

21 hours ago, skywlker32 said:

Pittsburgh+Steelers+1200.jpg

I mean they did get it right (mostly) in 1954/1960 and then took horrible turns until going back in 74. A decent portion of their history, there has been pretty terrible uniforms, it's just that they learned their lesson in the 70s. Those Steagles uniforms though... haha

this graph shows the steelers a due a minor change. I hope they go back to the 79-00 look