Where does Andy Dalton end up?

SmittyBacall

If Dalton goes to Chicago their O line will get him killed as he's just not mobile enough.. Much better chance of success under Arians with the Bucs O line and Evans and Godwin. 

Stronger possibility he stays put as I don't know if they'll get that much for him in trade value and Burrow will imo need someone to guide him especially his rookie year. 

2 hours ago, uk9erfan said:

Stronger possibility he stays put as I don't know if they'll get that much for him in trade value and Burrow will imo need someone to guide him especially his rookie year. 

Andy is only going to stay in town if he wants to. As nice as it would be to have him mentor Joe for the year, we’re not going to hold him hostage. If a team comes knocking that wants Andy, even if the compensation is next to nothing, and Andy agrees, I think we send him off into the sunset.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

He's too big of a name. Its a "competition".

They'll get Mariota, McCown etc so Trubisky can't possibly lose.

Theoretically, if they bring in Andy I don’t think he’ll be competing for the starting job in training camp. It’s more likely Trubisky remains the starter for at least the first month of the season, until it becomes apparent he’s holding the team back. By that point the Bears FO can truly say they’ve exhausted the Trubisky project and move on. Enter Andy to pick up the scraps. 

The names you listed aren’t suited to replace Trubisky when that happens (they’re lateral moves at best). They need a legit starter to take the reigns when that switch comes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lolsurebro said:

No thanks ^_^

You may want to get comfortable with that idea if Brady doesn’t return. Andy fits what your offense likes to do. It wouldn’t be a bad fit, talent wise. Plus, NE has a history of turning cast-offs into productive players. It seems kind of fitting.

Let’s say Brady walks, who realistically starts Week 1?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

You may want to get comfortable with that idea if Brady doesn’t return. Andy fits what your offense likes to do. It wouldn’t be a bad fit, talent wise. Plus, NE has a history of turning cast-offs into productive players. It seems kind of fitting.

Let’s say Brady walks, who realistically starts Week 1?

I don't know, but I would rather not have Andy starting.

You're asking me to answer a question that likely isn't going to happen anyway. I've said it a dozen times on here, but I really don't think Tom is going anywhere yet. It's all media hype to get offseason ratings/views/revenue.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2020 at 8:22 AM, SmittyBacall said:

It seems as though the Bengals are going to do right by Andy and facilitate a trade to his liking. The asking price shouldn’t be astronomical considering we don't have much leverage in negotiations (as we're actively looking to move him), and have his future heir apparent waiting in the wings, making him very expendable. However, $17.7 million is a bargain for a QB of Dalton's caliber (even as a one-year rental), for a team looking to win now. As a reference, Alex Smith was traded for a third round pick and a quality starter, Kendall Fuller. Tannehill (and a 6th round pick) was traded last offseason for a 4th and a 7th. 

Which leads me to asking you guys a few questions: 

What teams do you think would be interested in Andy? 

What do you think we can get in return for Andy?

Where does Andy ultimately end up?

Personally, I think we see Andy end up in a Chicago uniform, for a few reasons. Firstly, we are going to send Andy somewhere with a path to playing time, and ‘doing right by Andy’ probably entails sending him somewhere where he can win. Secondly, former Bengals OC, Bill Lazor, is now the OC in Chicago; so there are personal ties there. Thirdly, similar to the Mariota situation last year in Tennessee, I think Chicago is at the end of their rope with Trubisky and brings someone in to compete with, or be a fallback option, if he continues to falter. The Bears will be looking to capitalize on a very good roster while they still can, even if that means bringing in a quality veteran like Andy to right the ship for a few seasons before another rookie is developed. On top of all that, he fits Nagy’s scheme well, and is comfortable playing from the gun and getting the ball out quick to his receivers. I think it’s by far the best fit and makes the most sense. Problem is, Chicago is low on draft capitol at the moment, and only own a 2nd, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 6th, 7th. 

What do you guys think?

I think Chicago is a real possibility but sorry I do not think anyone is going to trade anything for Dalton, because #1 he's not that good to warrant a trade, unless the Bengals are willing to accept a late round pick and eat a lot of his salary. 

#2, this upcoming FA QB class is the best we've seen in years, therefore, no team is going to be in a rush to trade for Dalton, unless as mentioned above, it is enticing enough for a team to part ways with draft capital.