TIME TO MOVE ON FROM BOWLES NOW

doumeyer

I've defended Macc for a long time, but I can't. Now " Hack over Dak" repeats in my head. I really want everyone gone including Woody johnson. Wish fans would make a bill board about him too. Find a new owner, fire everyone, get new uniforms/logo, and change the culture completely. 

Just now, rickyt31 said:

I've defended Macc for a long time, but I can't. Now " Hack over Dak" repeats in my head. I really everyone gone including Woody johnson. Wish fans would make a bill board about him too. Find a new owner, fire everyone, get new uniforms/logo, and change the culture completely. 

Agreed 10000% with everything including the unis...theyve been linked to nothing but losing...go back to kelly green, bring back some black as a third color and make some sweet new uniforms. The ownership part I wish would happen but that NEVER happens. 

11 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Agreed 10000% with everything including the unis...theyve been linked to nothing but losing...go back to kelly green, bring back some black as a third color and make some sweet new uniforms. The ownership part I wish would happen but that NEVER happens. 

Right. Black or even having Gray and Green uniforms could be cool as well. We need a new identity. We're about to be 50 years from making the Super Bowl. Just making it. Get a new look to get a positive buzz around. I remember watching a story about how it worked for Seattle. 

Just change it all. I hate woody. 

Because this is not a rebuild. The plan was for Mac/Bowles to come in, build up the roster a bit to be competitive and hold the fort for 2015-2016. By now they were thinking they would have young guys ready to step in and play, the problem is we have drafted pretty poorly since Mac has been here, his hand picked QB is a bust, and the head coach is awful. So the plan failed, in more than one facet.

Now I just feel like the coach and GM are scrambling, knowing they failed, trying to do anything to win 4 games and look like they had a "respectable" season because of the lack of talent.

This franchise is committing the cardinal sin. It's one thing when your in this position to be creative, give the young guys reps, try and be unpredictable and build up some guys and have something to build off of. Instead we are losing in the most mind numbingingly way possible. We aren't giving our draft picks proper evaluation. Trotting out vets and playing like we are protecting a lead for whatever reason just screams desperation and these guys know they are dead in the water already.

Woody gave Mangini a "handshake" deal with the favre fiasco and we know how that turned out. So maybe there's hope.

I have been defending both Mac and Bowles but I must say I would not be against cleaning house.  It all depends on who is out there though as I'm not all for cleaning house for another retread.  We need a bright young mind like LA did with McVay.  Where is the next bright young football mind?  Would a blank roster, extra early draft picks and a possible franchise QB entice this coach to come? 

It has nothing to do with who the QB is or Mac cleaning house preparing for the 2018 draft.  I think both moves were correct but signing Kerley just before the season to take all the snaps from Stewart (who has looked pretty good so far) and continuing to feed Forte the most touches over McGuire (who has also looked pretty good is just mind numbing.

Mac's drafts have been pretty bad especially if guys like Mauldin, Burris, Lee, Simon don't pan out.  Right now this draft looks solid with the safeties playing well and Stewart/McGuire flashing some but outside of Williams in year 1 and Shell year 2 I don't see any other building blocks that Mac has drafted.  

Listen I understand that draft is not easy and landing 2-3 good players is all you can ask for during a typical draft but he hasn't been delivering on that thus far.

I'd open the check book and show DeCosta in BAL, or Pioli in ATL that it's blank and tell them to write their number down.  Give them 100% total control and let them rebuild this thing from the ground up.  

13 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I have been defending both Mac and Bowles but I must say I would not be against cleaning house.  It all depends on who is out there though as I'm not all for cleaning house for another retread.  We need a bright young mind like LA did with McVay.  Where is the next bright young football mind?  Would a blank roster, extra early draft picks and a possible franchise QB entice this coach to come? 

It has nothing to do with who the QB is or Mac cleaning house preparing for the 2018 draft.  I think both moves were correct but signing Kerley just before the season to take all the snaps from Stewart (who has looked pretty good so far) and continuing to feed Forte the most touches over McGuire (who has also looked pretty good is just mind numbing.

Mac's drafts have been pretty bad especially if guys like Mauldin, Burris, Lee, Simon don't pan out.  Right now this draft looks solid with the safeties playing well and Stewart/McGuire flashing some but outside of Williams in year 1 and Shell year 2 I don't see any other building blocks that Mac has drafted.  

Listen I understand that draft is not easy and landing 2-3 good players is all you can ask for during a typical draft but he hasn't been delivering on that thus far.

I'd open the check book and show DeCosta in BAL, or Pioli in ATL that it's blank and tell them to write their number down.  Give them 100% total control and let them rebuild this thing from the ground up.  

Agreed except no more bright young minds. They havent worked out here ever. Seasoned HC with a pedigree. #1 and 80 mil in cap should be more attractive to guys that embrace the challenge. 

Just now, ekill08x said:

Agreed except no more bright young minds. They havent worked out here ever. Seasoned HC with a pedigree. #1 and 80 mil in cap should be more attractive to guys that embrace the challenge. 

That's fine. . . Once Pioli is in charge I wouldn't question his decision on who to higher.  I think we just need to open the check book for him and show him with all the resources we could have he could mold this team how he sees fit around hopefully his franchise QB.

I mean as bad as things look right now a GM like Pioli should see the Jets as a blank slate and an attractive position as long as given total control.

Just now, Rockice_8 said:

That's fine. . . Once Pioli is in charge I wouldn't question his decision on who to higher.  I think we just need to open the check book for him and show him with all the resources we could have he could mold this team how he sees fit around hopefully his franchise QB.

I mean as bad as things look right now a GM like Pioli should see the Jets as a blank slate and an attractive position as long as given total control.

It would be an excellent move, but do we have a commander in chief that can recognize this is what needs to be done or are the Johnson brothers too egotistical that they need everyone to answer to them. Own the team be around the team, call it your team, and let the grown ups do the building. Why cant Woody realize he is the biggest issue?

8 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

It would be an excellent move, but do we have a commander in chief that can recognize this is what needs to be done or are the Johnson brothers too egotistical that they need everyone to answer to them. Own the team be around the team, call it your team, and let the grown ups do the building. Why cant Woody realize he is the biggest issue?

I think he made a real step in that direction with Mac.  He hired the football scout guy as the GM instead of the splashy hire.  it didn't work but I think he said a lot of the right things recently about letting the football guys do their thing and allowing the complete rebuild we so desperately needed.  Only problem is Mac hasn't delivered as expected but I think for the most part Woody has been hands off outside of maybe the Revis signing (but I'm not sure).

You have to hope he can put his ego aside and give up full control but who knows.  

My faith in Todd has definitely waned. It stinks because I think he has the right idea from a culture standpoint, but he just doesn't seem to have the pulse of the team intra-game. 

I'm keeping an eye on Todd Haley. I think he's still the kind of no-nonsense guy we were hoping to have gotten in Bowles, but he's a former head coach and specializes on the offensive side of the ball. Since Woody has bought the team, he has never hired (1) a former HC, and (2) an offensive coach to be the HC. This is the first year where he's "embraced" the rebuild, so I wouldn't put it past him to sign off on something different than what he's traditionally opted for in the past. 

If we move on from Bowles I hope we keep Macc. People forget how terrible the Raiders were for years before having enough high picks to turn it around. I think we are going to look really attractive as a coaching destination after the season. Todd Haley is someone I could get on board with.

Archived