TIME TO MOVE ON FROM BOWLES NOW

doumeyer

1 hour ago, rdelaney89 said:

If we move on from Bowles I hope we keep Macc. People forget how terrible the Raiders were for years before having enough high picks to turn it around. I think we are going to look really attractive as a coaching destination after the season. Todd Haley is someone I could get on board with.

Agree 100% give macc a shot at hiring his own coach and see how his next couple drafts pan out. Reggie Mackenzie looked awful the first couple years. Once he got comfortable and hired the right coach he was able to really steer them in the right direction. 

Unfortauntely I think Macc has tried to please Bowles and Bowles has definitely had too much of a say in picks.  This is what also got Tanny in trouble, he let Rex influence almost every pick.  When we had Idzik he was just a joke.  But Tanny and Macc unfortunately let their coaches have too much say.  Let the scouts do their jobs and the coaches should be able to take good players and put them in position to succeed.  Can't believe we draft guys who are supposed to fit the coach and they suck.  Talking about you Darron Lee.  And Kyle Wilson.  And Quinton Coples + 3 DL 3 years in a row.  You Dee Milliner, I don't feel like going anymore.  But our coaches have too much say in our picks and it's been a disaster.

39 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Unfortauntely I think Macc has tried to please Bowles and Bowles has definitely had too much of a say in picks.  This is what also got Tanny in trouble, he let Rex influence almost every pick.  When we had Idzik he was just a joke.  But Tanny and Macc unfortunately let their coaches have too much say.  Let the scouts do their jobs and the coaches should be able to take good players and put them in position to succeed.  Can't believe we draft guys who are supposed to fit the coach and they suck.  Talking about you Darron Lee.  And Kyle Wilson.  And Quinton Coples + 3 DL 3 years in a row.  You Dee Milliner, I don't feel like going anymore.  But our coaches have too much say in our picks and it's been a disaster.

Very interesting, but you point is well taken. I didn't know Bowles had that much say in the draft selection.

10 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Agreed 10000% with everything including the unis...theyve been linked to nothing but losing...go back to kelly green, bring back some black as a third color and make some sweet new uniforms. The ownership part I wish would happen but that NEVER happens. 

I though it was just me, I hate that dull green on the Jets uniforms. It was OK when I was in the Marine Corp but not on a football uniforms. I agree let go back to the Kelly green. Several other teams have gone to duller uniforms I wonder if it has something to do with TV cameras. Is it Boise State who plays on a bright blue field ?  I can't remember who it was but one of the folks on this board came up with changes to the Jet uniforms and it really looked good.  EKILL08x has a good point this should be a good subject for the offseason.

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

I though it was just me, I hate that dull green on the Jets uniforms. It was OK when I was in the Marine Corp but not on a football uniforms. I agree let go back to the Kelly green. Several other teams have gone to duller uniforms I wonder if it has something to do with TV cameras. Is it Boise State who plays on a bright blue field ?  I can't remember who it was but one of the folks on this board came up with changes to the Jet uniforms and it really looked good.  EKILL08x has a good point this should be a good subject for the offseason.

Theres a couple decent ideas i saw when i googled it. Nothing I would completely take but still some cool ideas. Jets need a COMPLETE culture change. Change every single thing BUT the green and white. I dont care if they add grey or black just do something. THese army green jerseys are tired. Even if just the kelly green was the main change just get away from the hunter and army is boring and old.

Start with the Jerseys and than the coach. I think Mac sucks but I am willing to give him more time. If he pulls anything on 2018 draft day like he did this year than he should be fired immediately. Also hes got to relax on some of these contracts. Not exactly a sound negotiator. 

New Coaching Staff. New Attitude. New QB. New Uniforms. New Jets. God I better start praying now. 

I would totally be on board with a Pioli, Haley, Darold/Rosen trio 

Interesting though about Bowles influence on the draft but I'm sorry Mac still pulled the trigger.  If I'm GM I'm not putting my rep on the line for a HC I didn't hire.  

EDIT:  And let me be clear Mac hasn't been awful and he hasn't been great but it's the little moves like Kerley that irk me.  Why is this guy even on the roster when your rep is on the line with guys like Stewart.  Don't you want them to go out and make plays, not sit on the bench all year.  Makes no sense what so ever that he is out there.  The whole reason he should be here is to catch punts safely which we don't even allow him to do.  Just so happens that was the turning point of the OAK game too.  

We can always start a hashtag on social media. That always catch attention in sports. Direct it all at woody.

I want to go back to Kelly green as well. I would go with Black or Dark Gray alternatives.

You're right about Macc. I'm not to worried about him in the first round, just the others. Can't keep passing up on players like Dalvin Cook.

I think we have no chance at Jim Harbaugh, but I will scream for joy if we pulled him. He's my favorite coach period. He knows how to build a team. He built Stanford, 49ers, and Michigan back up.

Not sure if this is common knowledge or not but Pryor was an Idzik pick, Rex and the coaching staff wanted OBJ or Carr with that pick. Obviously OBJ was taken earlier but man how life could be different if Carr and Rex were both here. I think knowing this just shows you how much Idzik screwed Rex those last 2 years. Drafting a QB would have meant Idzik keeping Rex around longer which we all know he didn't want.

I would have loved to have Macc and Rex together.

On 9/18/2017 at 11:46 PM, doumeyer said:

Very interesting, but you point is well taken. I didn't know Bowles had that much say in the draft selection.

Bowles doesn't have more influence than Macc in draft picks/signings and vice versa. Macc has always said it's a collaborative effort and judging by Houston's draft history you can see that Macc has not just given Bowles whatever he wants in regards to draft picks.

11 hours ago, rdelaney89 said:

Not sure if this is common knowledge or not but Pryor was an Idzik pick, Rex and the coaching staff wanted OBJ or Carr with that pick. Obviously OBJ was taken earlier but man how life could be different if Carr and Rex were both here. I think knowing this just shows you how much Idzik screwed Rex those last 2 years. Drafting a QB would have meant Idzik keeping Rex around longer which we all know he didn't want.

I would have loved to have Macc and Rex together.

Is this actually confirmed? 

Archived