Buyer Beware!!!

Swampbilly

I’m curious to to see what Players are being talked about as possible Dolphins picks in the 2020 NFL Draft that us Dolphins Fans just hate, or even are just cautious of drafting....

I’ll throw out my first player that fits in this category for me;

QB Jordan Love...... Some people are suggesting that this is a QB the Dolphins should target in the first round ( insert vomit sound ).  I don’t see Jordan Love as even being close to a first round pick, not even with the current QB inflation.  I see a late second to third round prospect.  He regressed from his 2018 season to his 2019 season and it’s not like he played amazing in 2018.  His only positives are arm strength and size, he doesn’t check the box in the accuracy or decisions making traits.  For anyone that suggests Jordan Love as a first round pick; go watch some game tape please.

Not sure why everyone is scared of Herbert.  For people who say he "regressed" he threw for more yards, TDs and had a better rating in his senior year than his junior year.  Also threw less interceptions..... 

Dare I say this but I think he is this years Patrick Mahomes.  They both were rated 3rd best QB in their class.  People had tons of questions but their style of play is very very similar.  Not saying he is Patrick Mahomes but his grade is similar.  BIG arm, Accurate, Athletic with poor footwork.  I would also argue Herbert played against much better defenses in the PAC 12 as opposed to Mahomes in the No - D Big 12.

Herbert's teammates at Oregon LOVED HIM.  I hope he throws at the combine so I can watch, but more than likely he won't.

I think both Love and Herbert are first rounders but need to sit for a year.

I still think one of them will land with the Chargers and maybe start as a rookie which may prove a disaster.

I would have no problem picking either following a trade down but wouldnt want them at 5 if Tua and Burrow are gone.

No other qb is first round in my opinion other than the four mentioned.

I’m OK on Herbert.  I think he is a little bit Carson Wentz. Big arm, Big frame, not bad accuracy but needs to ( and IMO probably will ) improve, capable of making big plays with his legs.......  Has leadership questions and isn’t necessarily known for taking over in big games ( that all reminds me of Wentz ).  That being said Herbert isn’t projected as high of a pick as Wentz was, despite Herbert playing superior competition over Wentz.  Overall I see Herbert as a legit top 10 pick due to inflation and his high ceiling to middle floor.

With Love this is totally different.  He is a QB that legitimately did regress last season, and he wasn’t great in 2018.  Love is IMO just a media hyped QB that will wind up going in round 2.  Not too long ago Kaepernick was drafted in round 2 and he was a much better prospect than Love.

I think the draft is loaded and I would be more annoyed about positions of picks than players itself, as listed wouldn’t want Herbert or Love at 5. Also would not want a O tackle either.

if I had to name a player I want nothing to do with towards the bottom of round 1 it would be Delpit. Not overly keen on Henderson or Fulton either.

11 hours ago, mountainpd said:

I think the draft is loaded and I would be more annoyed about positions of picks than players itself, as listed wouldn’t want Herbert or Love at 5. Also would not want a O tackle either.

if I had to name a player I want nothing to do with towards the bottom of round 1 it would be Delpit. Not overly keen on Henderson or Fulton either.

Delpit misses a lot of tackles.  PFF reports he missed on over 25% of his tackles in 2019.  That’s an enormous percentage for a projected mid first rounder.......I smell media hype.

Edited by Swampbilly

On 2/14/2020 at 4:29 PM, Rgossett07 said:

Not sure why everyone is scared of Herbert.  For people who say he "regressed" he threw for more yards, TDs and had a better rating in his senior year than his junior year.  Also threw less interceptions..... 

Dare I say this but I think he is this years Patrick Mahomes.  They both were rated 3rd best QB in their class.  People had tons of questions but their style of play is very very similar.  Not saying he is Patrick Mahomes but his grade is similar.  BIG arm, Accurate, Athletic with poor footwork.  I would also argue Herbert played against much better defenses in the PAC 12 as opposed to Mahomes in the No - D Big 12.

Herbert's teammates at Oregon LOVED HIM.  I hope he throws at the combine so I can watch, but more than likely he won't.

He had one of the best O-lines ever in college football.  Go watch him again when he has to deal with pressure.  His accuracy just isn't there.  He's closer to Josh Allen than Patrick Mahomes.  

On 2/15/2020 at 7:46 AM, mountainpd said:

Yeah, after Fulton got continually roasted against Clemson, his stock really took a hit in my eyes.

Two more players in a position of Fins need that I would be very shy to draft in round 1:

DE Yetur Gross Matos; Never took over a game, at 6'5" 260 lbs he looks it until you turn on the film, and then he's just a guy.  Over 1400 snaps in his career and his highest PFF pass rush grade is an 80, and that was when he was a Freshman playing Georgia State.  He never performed better than that rushing the passer.  JAG, Just A Guy.

DE / OLB K'Lavon Chaisson; 39 pressures on 370 pass rushing snaps...….Good player, for a 2nd round pick, but a 1st rounder???  Sure, if you're desperate to overpay for a Rookie Edge Player.

Edited by Swampbilly

On 2/18/2020 at 2:49 PM, Swampbilly said:

Two more players in a position of Fins need that I would be very shy to draft in round 1:

DE Yetur Gross Matos; Never took over a game, at 6'5" 260 lbs he looks it until you turn on the film, and then he's just a guy.  Over 1400 snaps in his career and his highest PFF pass rush grade is an 80, and that was when he was a Freshman playing Georgia State.  He never performed better than that rushing the passer.  JAG, Just A Guy.

DE / OLB K'Lavon Chaisson; 39 pressures on 370 pass rushing snaps...….Good player, for a 2nd round pick, but a 1st rounder???  Sure, if you're desperate to overpay for a Rookie Edge Player.

YGM is in the mold of a Jason Pierre-Paul, where he is all potential.  I wouldn't mind him, as he could really blossom with pro coaching.

But I'm with you on Chaisson.  Something about him just doesn't scream 1st rounder to me.  

• Like 1

On 2/20/2020 at 4:20 PM, hrubes20 said:

YGM is in the mold of a Jason Pierre-Paul, where he is all potential.  I wouldn't mind him, as he could really blossom with pro coaching.

But I'm with you on Chaisson.  Something about him just doesn't scream 1st rounder to me.  

I see your point, and I can't really argue that YGM has a lot of potential.  

Chaisson will probably blow up the Combine and almost certainly be over drafted by some team, I just hope it isn't us...….He is a twitchy athlete, but his production appears to be way below what you would expect from an Edge player being talked about as a mid first round selection.

58 minutes ago, Swampbilly said:

I see your point, and I can't really argue that YGM has a lot of potential.  

Chaisson will probably blow up the Combine and almost certainly be over drafted by some team, I just hope it isn't us...….He is a twitchy athlete, but his production appears to be way below what you would expect from an Edge player being talked about as a mid first round selection.

I think Chaisson has had some injury issues. I think he'll be a very good pro. He plays the run well, too, and can cover.