Titans Resign TE Anthony Firkser

Titans fan 617

1 hour ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I know this got posted it the off-season thread but I feel like it deserves Its own thread

Im glad he’s back 

If the Titans do cut Delanie do you think we look to draft a TE or look for another veteran?

I’d be interested in restructuring Delanie’s contract if we can get him at a bargain along with a guarantee that his ankle’s gonna be alright. It would have to be pretty heavily incentivezed but I think he’s still got some juice left if it checks out. I thought he was going to go on and have a pretty good season for us after watching him week 1 vs CLE

22 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I know this got posted it the off-season thread but I feel like it deserves Its own thread

Im glad he’s back 

If the Titans do cut Delanie do you think we look to draft a TE or look for another veteran?

I think Delanie is going to end up retiring.  He just broke all the TE records for the franchise, and this is his second season in a row where he was injured most of it.  There's a lot of cap space to be had by cutting him, so that's what I expect the Titans will do.  I don't know how much interest other teams will have in him based on his injury history, and he has nothing left to prove, so retirement seems likely.

As for the draft, maybe.  They like Pruitt, he'll be cheap to re-sign, and between him, Firkser, and Smith, it's a decent group.  If a good player falls, they wouldn't hesitate to ****** him up, but they'd probably prefer addressing other needs like CB, DE, OT, and WR.

I said s-n-a-t-c-h him up, not anything else.  This filter is intense.

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 3