The Avengers (9-4-20)

thrILL!

I was going to make a thread about this game so many times, but was waiting for it to get closer to release date.  Then, it got pushed back to September and that was extremely disappointing.

Basically, for me, this is my most anticipated game of the year - even with Cyberpunk, The Last of Us 2 and other huge hits coming.

1 hour ago, thrILL! said:
not sure how long this has been in development but Spider-Man was so freaking good, it’s about time we see some more superhero properties made into video games.  Looking fwd to more clips of gameplay but this looks promising. 

This game will be nothing like Spider-Man.  This is a game that's going to be more similar to a game like Destiny.  You will be able to unlock tons of gear for characters as you progress.

EDIT:  Here's an example

6i7vCrD.jpg

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

This game will be nothing like Spider-Man.  This is a game that's going to be more similar to a game like Destiny.  You will be able to unlock tons of gear for characters as you progress.

6i7vCrD.jpg

Never said it would be but okay. 

Just now, thrILL! said:

Never said it would be but okay. 

You mentioned that Spider-Man was so good.  I was just mainly saying that for others who don't know about the game, it wasn't just directed at you.  Games like Batman Arkham Knight by Rocksteady and Spider-Man are really great, but this is a different type of game.

• Like 1

Sorry for all the post, but a lot of info about the game just came out today.  If you get the Deluxe Edition the game releases on August 31st, so a little bit earlier for people who want to go that route. 

SPOILER ALERT, but here are a list of achievements that have been leaked for the game:  https://www.exophase.com/game/marvels-avengers-xbox/achievements/

Here is the official box art for the game: 

final_key_art.jpg

Hey available on Steam.

If this is good, like really good, i'll probably get it eventually.  There are a lack of good true superhero games out there.  Especially ones with characters from the big screen.

I can't get behind the Marvel Ultimate Alliance games.  I do like the Lego Marvel one, but it's a kiddo game.

I'll be checking back in on this.

2 hours ago, showtime said:

6i7vCrD.jpg

Is this a ubisoft game? Because it looks exactly like a ubisoft game.

2 hours ago, Danger said:

I was gonna say, looks more like one of the newer AC entries. Stoked about this either way, as based off of that achievement list you can max a character at level 300. Gives me hope that there will be a ton of end game content. And with Marvel involved I expect the DLC to roll in heavy for additional heroes and missions

6 hours ago, Danger said:

It's a square enix game funded by Disney/Marvel to a degree.

For anyone curious the various studios (there are three as of now) did the Tomb Raider (2013) and most of the modern Deus Ex games

From what I've read/seen the singleplayer and multiplayer are entirely separate, closest I can think of is Battlefront 2 from EA in terms of scale/comparsion. Though hopefully it will be better at launch and follow the warframe/destiny model. 

15 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

It's a square enix game funded by Disney/Marvel to a degree.

For anyone curious the various studios (there are three as of now) did the Tomb Raider (2013) and most of the modern Deus Ex games

From what I've read/seen the singleplayer and multiplayer are entirely separate, closest I can think of is Battlefront 2 from EA in terms of scale/comparsion. Though hopefully it will be better at launch and follow the warframe/destiny model. 

I thought Square Enix is just publishing the game.  Crystal Dynamics is the company who is actually making the game.

• Like 1