The Avengers (9-4-20)

thrILL!

I have this game pre-ordered, so I'll be able to play on Tuesday. 

This game isn't for everyone.  This game is more similar to games like Destiny, Warframe, Diablo, etc.  You level up each character, have skill trees and get gear.  If you like those type of games, this is for you.  If you don't, then I wouldn't get it.

Missed the Beta but I'm interested in buying it. I'll probably wait to see some reviews for the full game first though. 

A data miner found that future characters that they're planning to add to the game include: Ant-Man, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, Falcon, Hawkeye, Hulkbuster, Kate Bishop, Mar-Vell, Mockingbird, Quake, Scarlet Witch, She-Hulk, Vision, War Machine, Wasp, Spiderman, and the Winter Soldier. 

12 hours ago, showtime said:

I have this game pre-ordered, so I'll be able to play on Tuesday. 

This game isn't for everyone.  This game is more similar to games like Destiny, Warframe, Diablo, etc.  You level up each character, have skill trees and get gear.  If you like those type of games, this is for you.  If you don't, then I wouldn't get it.

Im interested....but Ill wait a year or until I can get it half price.    

They announced Kate Bishop today.  Interesting she's in the game and it looks like she'll be released at the same time or close to Hawkeye.  In the comics, Kate Bishop takes over as Hawkeye.  It's interesting because you don't really see her in many things, but it's rumored the MCU will eventually go that route.

Just a bit of an update: Game runs really poorly for me on PC. Not sure what the problem is. Some people are saying the game runs great and there are a lot of people who say the game runs horrible.

I was able to get a full refund from Steam, so I think I'm going to go ahead and get this game on console instead.

11 hours ago, 43M said:

Most of the reviews paint this as a very meh game...which is what I expected.

Based on what Ive seen, it looks like the game was released a year too early.     

I wonder if it was just geared towards a younger audience, because my kids are enjoying the crap out of this game.

• Like 1

From what I've read, the campaign is very enjoyable.  It's the multiplayer/end-game that is the most disappointing, which isn't a surprise given it is going to be a live service game.  Personally, never really been a big fan of games like that.  Destiny is the only one I got into, and it took me months after the game dropped before I got to that point.  It's different if you release the game strong, but most of the time it feels empty.  Even worse when you ask people to pay for additional stuff that should have already been included.

4 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I wonder if it was just geared towards a younger audience, because my kids are enjoying the crap out of this game.

Also, kids and new gamers are able to overlook a lot of flaws that veteran gamers cannot.

I did hear there were enjoyable aspects, though.

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah seems to be the way to go, even before them making Spidey exclusive I was gonna wait.  Just don’t see the point to paying full price for these games anymore.

I'm still playing the hell out of Apex, I've got Star Wars Rogue Squadron next month (for $40 I'll take the risk), and Cyperpunk the month after. I'm good waiting. 

58 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I'm still playing the hell out of Apex, I've got Star Wars Rogue Squadron next month (for $40 I'll take the risk), and Cyperpunk the month after. I'm good waiting. 

Forgot about Rogue Squadron, yeah I have a backlog of stuff from this gen I need to get to still. Though some I’ve pushed off til later because they say they’re coming out with upgrades for them.

For $20-$30 bucks it’ll be worth it for a solid small campaign. Just don’t have it in me to do grindfest games anymore when it comes to the post campaign stuff .

• 1 month later...