Redskins should try a MEGA trade offer, for the #1 pick!

aceinthehouse

While KEEPING the #2 overall pick. Heck, the Bears are trying, right?

So we offer Trent Williams, Ryan Kerrigan & Adrian Peterson in trade. (All 3 players on 1 yr deals)

The Bengals have 57M in cap space to absorb it, plus any cuts they want to make.

We're going in a new direction as well. (We could even dangle Jordan Reed & Paul Richardson if necessary) who are not in our plans as well.

We offer them our whole draft....

Round 3 Pick 2
Round 4 Pick 2
Round 4 Pick 38 (COMP)
Round 5 Pick 2
Round 7 Pick 2
Round 7 Pick 15

+ 1st round pick in 2021

+ Williams, Kerrigan & Peterson.

A complete purge of our roster, but all 3 older pro bowl players. They're not scrubs.

But also, not in our future plans.

So we're left with the #1 & #2 overall pick in 2020 draft & nothing else, right?

So what do we do?

Easy...

We draft Chase Young #1 overall.

So there we are holding our original #2 overall pick, up for ransom.

With Burrow, Tua or whomever else on the board that some team covets.

And we elevator trade down, accumulating all our draft picks back using our #2 overall as leverage. Possibly even getting back our 2021 1st rounder we just traded away to the Bengals in this scenario.

We dump a bunch of salary in players not in future plans, while getting the player we wanted in Young.

And we probably end up with more picks than we started in the draft and future drafts.

The Bengals get a plethora of our original draft picks 3rd Rd & beyond in 2020, 3 pro bowl players on 1 yr deals they can negotiate with at their discretion + our original 2021 1st rounder.

The Bengals can still target a QB with the 1st pick in the 2nd Rd or a QB in Free Agency like Brady, Stafford, Rivers or whomever is available that they want. I'm Sure there will be a few this off season.

Will this happen? Probably not

But Mike Brown is the owner. Maybe it's worth a shot.

You never know, till you try.

So what do you say?

Should we try this Riverboat ripple trade?

Would you like to see something creative or aggressive from this new Front Office?

I sure would!

I want to see us take an aggressive approach this off season. I want to know they're serious about winning & changing things.

If you go by the value chart. Our 1st rounder next year, would be worth 1/2-half-1/2 of what is now.

1,300 pts for our 2021 1st rounder (worth 2600 this yr, but we keep it)

260 pts for 3rd rounder in 2020

84 pts for 4th rounder

35.5 pts for other 4th rounder

32.2 pts for 5th rounder

5 pts for 7th rounder

1 pt for other 7th rounder

________

=1717.7

Bengals #1 overall is worth 3000

=1282.3 we owe them in value.

That's the value of the 10th or 11th overall pick in the 2020 draft. (That we would still owe them, with all the picks we already traded them)

So the question is...

Is Trent Williams, Ryan Kerrigan & Adrian Peterson all 3 worth the 10th overall pick in the 2020 draft combined?

Interesting thing is....the Browns hold the 10th pick in the draft. The same team who was willing to trade their 1st round pick JUST for Trent Williams.

This is a tremendous thought Ace, I do appreciate the work you put into these thoughts and posts but this has about as much chance of happening as me playing in the NBA and I’m a 40 year old 5’6, 180 pound white dude! Haha 🤣 

Love ya thought buddy! Keep up the amazing thoughts and proposals!

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

While KEEPING the #2 overall pick. Heck, the Bears are trying, right?

So we offer Trent Williams, Ryan Kerrigan & Adrian Peterson in trade. (All 3 players on 1 yr deals)

The Bengals have 57M in cap space to absorb it, plus any cuts they want to make.

We're going in a new direction as well. (We could even dangle Jordan Reed & Paul Richardson if necessary) who are not in our plans as well.

We offer them our whole draft....

Round 3 Pick 2
Round 4 Pick 2
Round 4 Pick 38 (COMP)
Round 5 Pick 2
Round 7 Pick 2
Round 7 Pick 15

+ 1st round pick in 2021

+ Williams, Kerrigan & Peterson.

A complete purge of our roster, but all 3 older pro bowl players. They're not scrubs.

But also, not in our future plans.

So we're left with the #1 & #2 overall pick in 2020 draft & nothing else, right?

So what do we do?

Easy...

We draft Chase Young #1 overall.

So there we are holding our original #2 overall pick, up for ransom.

With Burrow, Tua or whomever else on the board that some team covets.

And we elevator trade down, accumulating all our draft picks back using our #2 overall as leverage. Possibly even getting back our 2021 1st rounder we just traded away to the Bengals in this scenario.

We dump a bunch of salary in players not in future plans, while getting the player we wanted in Young.

And we probably end up with more picks than we started in the draft and future drafts.

The Bengals get a plethora of our original draft picks 3rd Rd & beyond in 2020, 3 pro bowl players on 1 yr deals they can negotiate with at their discretion + our original 2021 1st rounder.

The Bengals can still target a QB with the 1st pick in the 2nd Rd or a QB in Free Agency like Brady, Stafford, Rivers or whomever is available that they want. I'm Sure there will be a few this off season.

Will this happen? Probably not

But Mike Brown is the owner. Maybe it's worth a shot.

You never know, till you try.

So what do you say?

Should we try this Riverboat ripple trade?

Would you like to see something creative or aggressive from this new Front Office?

I sure would!

I want to see us take an aggressive approach this off season. I want to know they're serious about winning & changing things.

Edited by Doc Draper