Redskins Release Josh Norman

HTTRDynasty

Panthers should have kept Norman in 2016 or at least found a trade partner instead of rescinding the tag, which was dumb.  However, Gettleman was smart in not giving him a big deal.  Norman was great but he wasn’t the kind of CB who was gonna play at a high level in his 30s and he was older older by the time he got his 2nd deal.  

Great guy though. I wonder how he would do as a safety for a zone team 

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Norman has declined, but you think he couldnt even pull off being a #2/3 CB?

Norman's biggest problem from what I remember is he absolutely can't handle speed WRs.  He just doesn't have the athleticism.  Even in his best season in 2015, he could get burned relatively easy.  Colts game from that season is a good example - Hilton, albeit a very good to great receiver, was cooking him.  And I can't imagine it has gotten better with age.  I think he tends to overestimate his speed and tries to bait QBs into a mistake, which sometimes work and often did in 2015.  But he's just lost too much athleticism and hasn't adjusted.

Ya'll would be better off getting a younger corner who can keep up with today's receivers.  Norman is just too big of a risk if your a team that places an emphasis on not giving up a big play, which should be every team.