Browns add former GM Grigson as consultant.

seriously27

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2020/02/13/nfl-browns-colts-ryan-grigson-consultant-advisor/

I wanted to make the title, "Browns search for more creative ways to screw things up hits a high water mark with new hire!" 

I just don't understand it. I don't see what qualities he showed as a GM to be able to give any insight to anything in their organization unless they ask him what he would do, and then go and do the exact opposite. 

Edited by seriously27

1 minute ago, Dome said:

If he’s good enough to fill that role with the Seahawks for two years the Browns should be happy to have him, IMO

Was he good there? Did he have a substantial role? I may be biased but his run here was a train wreck of epic proportions. He seemed to lack knowledge about how to build a team/ deal with the salary cap/ draft players to fit a system and how to not get hosed in trades. What did he bring to the table?

• Like 1

Just now, seriously27 said:

Was he good there? Did he have a substantial role? I may be biased but his run here was a train wreck of epic proportions. He seemed to lack knowledge about how to build a team/ deal with the salary cap/ draft players to fit a system and how to not get hosed in trades. What did he bring to the table?

Maybe some good from Seattle will stick with him long enough that he can bring it all the way to Cleveland.

I don’t know the details of what exactly he did in Seattle or how well he did it, but his title is the same. Being part of a better organization in Seattle for a couple years has probably, at the very least, better equipped him for his 2nd stint in Cleveland.

1 minute ago, Dome said:

Maybe some good from Seattle will stick with him long enough that he can bring it all the way to Cleveland.

I don’t know the details of what exactly he did in Seattle or how well he did it, but his title is the same. Being part of a better organization in Seattle for a couple years has probably, at the very least, better equipped him for his 2nd stint in Cleveland.

Personally I think this is just a friend hiring a friend. I think it's another questionable move until I hear or see something different. 

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Perhaps he’s a good personnel guy, but not well equipped to be a GM?

Just like some guys are great coordinators but bad head coaches.

It’s easy to crap on him from his time as a Gm, but dude hasn’t had trouble finding work in the league.

It is easy to crap on him. What you said is definitely a possibility, but let's not act like the nfl isn't the kind of place where it's actually hard to be kept out of a job if you go high enough and make enough friends. 

But like I said, I'm biased.