Let's see how good you think Chase Young is going to be. Would you trade your TEAMS QB for Chase Young, straight up?

aceinthehouse

1 hour ago, Kirill said:

You'd be crazy not to trade Garoppolo for Chase Young. Garoppolo is a tick above average but still gets paid like he's "that guy." Young & Bosa would murder opposing QB's and you could rotate in Dee Ford to keep them fresh before cutting bait next year. Spend the available money from Garoppolo's contract on a Dalton or Bridgewater + the new Kittle payday.

I'd have to know the back up plan first. If I don't have a viable alternative to replace Jimmy with, I can't just swap out in a very limited super bowl window, especially given the likelihood of diminishing returns from an edge rusher on this defense.  If the back up plan is viable, I think I would do it. Bridgewater would be an intriguing one to make that move with. Dalton maybe not so much. Derek Carr could be an interesting one if the Raiders cut him. There are obviously a few. 

2 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I would trade my teams starting QB for Chase Young in a crackhead heartbeat. 

I might also trade my teams starting QB for a punter. 

not to gloat, but do you remember when I told you last offseason that MT was a one read QB who benefited from Nagy getting the first read open a lot, and that both guys would struggle in 2019? You were pretty adamant that I was wrong

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'd have to know the back up plan first. If I don't have a viable alternative to replace Jimmy with, I can't just swap out in a very limited super bowl window, especially given the likelihood of diminishing returns from an edge rusher on this defense.  If the back up plan is viable, I think I would do it. Bridgewater would be an intriguing one to make that move with. Dalton maybe not so much. Derek Carr could be an interesting one if the Raiders cut him. There are obviously a few. 

What if you swap Jimmy for Chase this year and sign Cousins in 2021 (which seems inevitable regardless)?  You probably won’t make the playoffs in 2020, but you’d be stacked in 2021 and going forward. 

I wouldn't trade Wentz for Chase Young. I think he can be an all-pro edge rusher, no question, but impact of QB vs edge is just not close. Sure, you can argue it's the 2nd most important position, but we're still talking a hell of a gap. 

If I had to guess, the only teams that would trade their QB for Chase Young are teams that are looking for a new QB. 

14 hours ago, N4L said:

not to gloat, but do you remember when I told you last offseason that MT was a one read QB who benefited from Nagy getting the first read open a lot, and that both guys would struggle in 2019? You were pretty adamant that I was wrong

The whole "one read quarterback" thing isn't really a very accurate assessment of Mitch's problems. Also, figuring Mitch would regress to the extent he did was pretty much a hunch. Your hunch was right. My guess was that Mitch would continue to improve and the offensive line wouldn't fall apart. I was, obviously, completely in the wrong on that--but it certainly wasn't an unreasonable thing to believe in the first place. 

2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

figuring Mitch would regress to the extent he did was pretty much a hunch. Your hunch was right.

It was way more than a hunch. It was clearly an accurate predictive statement based on some obvious identifiers. You are essentially implying that I got lucky by saying that MT was a bad QB. There was no luck about it. It was blatantly obvious that MT was limited, and that he was being propped up by Nagy's play designs. The rest of the league caught up to Nagy's style and then neither guy could adjust 

The whole "one read quarterback" thing isn't really a very accurate assessment of Mitch's problems.

It absolutely is. Nagy did an amazing job of getting the first read open in 2018. In 2019 the league adjusted, and Nagy struggled to stay ahead of the curve. Now that defenses had a better read on what the offense was doing and the first read wasnt open, MT looked incompetent and completely lost. the fact is, he was also incompetent in 2018. 

I told you that it was obvious to me that MT was not seeing the field in 2018. He would lock onto his first read and then never move his head. Even on plays where his head moved, he was just trying to look off defenders and wasnt actually looking to throw the ball to the other side. 

My guess was that Mitch would continue to improve and the offensive line wouldn't fall apart. I was, obviously, completely in the wrong on that--but it certainly wasn't an unreasonable thing to believe in the first place

Its just funny that you say that me being one hundred thousand percent correct was 'a hunch' while also completely absolving yourself from being wrong. 

Only bears fans thought MT was a good QB. 

Just admit that you were wrong so we can move on