Jump to content
aceinthehouse

Let's see how good you think Chase Young is going to be. Would you trade your TEAMS QB for Chase Young, straight up?

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Tk3 said:

WOW

I think many people are not factoring in cap with their answers - but Rodgers is a surprise to be willing to give up. As a fan of a team who has never had a Rodgers - I think you are forgetting what an elite QB does for a team

I've often thought teams should consider a tag and trade of a plus QB exiting their rookie contract though... but not an elite one

Hes not elite anymore

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Hes not elite anymore

 

Plus he hates his mom.

Talk about red flags.

Edited by Dome
More like yellow flags, since packers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Dome said:

I personally don’t think Brees vs Teddy is that big of a difference.... Our team had more heart and won some tougher games with Teddy at the helm.

When Brees is under center it was almost like people got complacent. Like “we got Brees, we’ll be OK”

 

when it was teddy, everyone knew they had to show up 100%

This is kind of dangerous though, if you have Teddy and you have games where everyone else isn't 100% (which is just going to happen, it's the NFL) it's gonna get ugly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/15/2020 at 3:01 PM, Tk3 said:

Cowboys - Get Chase (I don't think Dak is worth the contract, personally)

Eagles - Keep Wentz

Dak is better than Wentz in every measurable way, yet you have the Eagles keeping Wentz and us dumping Dak. 

#wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only reason I would consider it is because we’d still be in position to draft Herbert. 

Chase Young / Justin Herbert
Isiah Simmons / Daniel Jones

I love Jones, but that’s very tempting 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes.

Ben is older and will be gone soon.  Our defense would be amazing with Chase Young opposite TJ Watt, and we would clear out money to spend elsewhere.

Not a feasible scenario, but one can dream, I suppose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This Chase Young stuff is getting wildly overrated. We're valuing this guy way too much. 

Yes, he's a generational prospect, but so were Clowney and Garrett. Where have those two taken their franchises that drafted them? We're really going to swap him for promising young QBs like Darnold? Come on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

We're really going to swap him for promising young QBs like Darnold?

Where has Darnold taken his team? Where has a guy Mayfield, Trubisky, Goff taken his team? They were/are all promising young QBs. 
 

I don’t think I’d swap darnold for him, but just because a team hasn’t found success yet with a young promising player doesn’t mean taking that player was the bad call.
 

he might be overrated, but lots of people overrate QB potential too.

Edited by Dome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dome said:

Where has Darnold taken his team? Where has Mayfield taken his team? 
 

I don’t think I’d swap darnold for him, but just because a team hasn’t found success yet with a young promising player doesn’t mean taking that player was the bad call.

It's common knowledge that QBs don't hit their prime until age 26-28. I'm not ready to write either of them off after two season, Darnold especially. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

It's common knowledge that QBs don't hit their prime until age 26-28. I'm not ready to write either of them off after two season, Darnold especially. 

I agree... but I think that works into the equation too, now we’re talking about a promising QB who, even if he does break out into a quality QB for you, might be 2, 3, 4 years down the road and you’ll be paying through the nose for it.
 

Especially seeing what kind of impact Bosa had last year right off the bat. Not saying Young will have the same impact by any means but there are almost certainly some GMs coaches and scouts out there who think maybe he could.

Edited by Dome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

This Chase Young stuff is getting wildly overrated. We're valuing this guy way too much. 

Yes, he's a generational prospect, but so were Clowney and Garrett. Where have those two taken their franchises that drafted them? We're really going to swap him for promising young QBs like Darnold? Come on.

If he's capable of having a dominant run like Von Miller did in the 2015-16 playoffs (with a QB who looked completely cooked), he'd be well worth swapping with some of these QBs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Dome said:

might be 2, 3, 4 years down the road and you’ll be paying through the nose for it.

And it will be worth the wait considering the value of the position.

30 minutes ago, Dome said:

Especially seeing what kind of impact Bosa had last year right off the bat. Not saying Young will have the same impact by any means but there are almost certainly some GMs coaches and scouts out there who think maybe he could.

Bosa was able to have that impact because he played on a line with 4 (!) other first round picks. It wasn't Bosa the individual that vaulted them to the Superbowl, it was the amalgamation of years of dedication to improving the pass rush. Young won't turn around a franchise. A young promising QB can. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SmittyBacall said:

And it will be worth the wait considering the value of the position.

Unless they don’t pan out

1 minute ago, SmittyBacall said:

Bosa was able to have that impact because he played on a line with 4 (!) other first round picks. It wasn't Bosa the individual that vaulted them to the Superbowl, it was the amalgamation of years of dedication to improving the pass rush. Young won't turn around a franchise. A young promising QB can. 

 

39 minutes ago, Dome said:

Especially seeing what kind of impact Bosa had last year right off the bat. Not saying Young will have the same impact by any means but there are almost certainly some GMs coaches and scouts out there who think maybe he could.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×