Let's see how good you think Chase Young is going to be. Would you trade your TEAMS QB for Chase Young, straight up?

aceinthehouse

16 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I'm thinking about it context. We have Tuitt and Heyward so it wouldnt make sense.

If we didnt have those guys, yes.

Tuitt and Heyward are two completely different types of guys than Young is. You have Watt and Dupree balling out though. And that makes a difference.

58 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Tuitt and Heyward are two completely different types of guys than Young is. You have Watt and Dupree balling out though. And that makes a difference.

I agree but as you just said, we already have a quality defense. That isnt to say Young doesnt help us, of course he would. We wouldnt sign Dupree if we got Young.

But of all the teams in the NFL, I think the Steelers are among the few that can rationally say no.

• Like 1

Steelers fans are absolutely delusional if they won’t trade a 38 year old injured Roethlisberger for Chase Young. Like Eli and Rivers, he’s done. There is no window. You won’t be winning anything until you find your next franchise quarterback. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gmen said:

Steelers fans are absolutely delusional if they won’t trade a 38 year old injured Roethlisberger for Chase Young. Like Eli and Rivers, he’s done. There is no window. You won’t be winning anything until you find your next franchise quarterback. 

No, you’re just delusional in how the Steelers are currently constructed.

Swapping Big Ben for another Edge guy isn’t gonna take them to the next step. Young is a great prospect and in most cases, teams should make this trade.

The Steelers aren’t one of those teams for the reason I and wwhickok mentioned above.

You believe he’s done...The Steelers obviously dont(from what they’ve said this offseason)

Edited by AlanFanecaFan

2 hours ago, Gmen said:

The Steelers have as good of a defense as anyone else in the league, a legit #1 WR, some solid roll players, and I could see them get a RB in a loaded draft class (Swift, Dobbins, etc.) and make a final push or two in the next 2-4 years if Ben comes back and stays healthy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

The Steelers have as good of a defense as anyone else in the league, a legit #1 WR, some solid roll players, and I could see them get a RB in a loaded draft class (Swift, Dobbins, etc.) and make a final push or two in the next 2-4 years if Ben comes back and stays healthy.

Ben had a lot of wear and tear on him even before his throwing arm injury. Expecting him to be the same at 38 coming off a throwing arm injury is wishful thinking. The Chargers moved on from Rivers. The Giants moved on from Eli. The Steelers are holding out hope with Big Ben only because they don’t have a first round pick to draft a new quarterback. But I guarantee 100% they’d trip running to the podium if they can get Chase Young for Big Ben. Not even worth debating honestly.