Let's see how good you think Chase Young is going to be. Would you trade your TEAMS QB for Chase Young, straight up?

aceinthehouse

16 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Trading Kirk Cousins is tempting. The idea of Hunter and Young on the edge is fascinating. Those two could terrorize QBs for the next decade given Hunter is still only 25.

But I think most acknowledge that Cousins is a top 10 QB, or maybe just outside the top 10, and that isn’t always easy to find. For a QB, Cousins is probably just entering his prime.

Would the Vikes be better with Teddy Bridgewater as a FA and another hypothetically elite edge rusher or Cousins and an aging Everson Griffen?

I'd take Teddy and Chase and run.

• Like 2

@FrantikRam To quote Ron Parker, "no way no how" am I trading Goff straight up for Young. Its hard to find a young franchise quarterback. The last reliable QB the Rams had that was successful was Warner and he was already up in age. There is no guarantee the Rams will replace Goff with another QB to be stable for the next decade plus. I love the thought of Young and Donald. Heck, the Rams couldve had Mack and Donald if they didnt draft Robinson with the 2nd overall pick. Goff will provide more wins for the Rams and make a bigger impact on the team success than Young. Young wouldnt have led the Rams on the game tying and then game-winning drive in the Superdome in the NFCCG against the Saints. That was Goff. I dont even think Fitzpatrick wouldve been able to do that. So no Goff is way more valuable. Not saying Young wont be one of the best players in the NFL. Two things can be true. Young could be the on the same level as Donald and Mack but not be as valuable as Goff who again has led the Rams to an 11 win season, a 13 win season going to the Superbowl, and put his team in position to be a made field goal away from a 10 win season and going to the playoffs again but we know Zeurlien missed that kick in Seattle.  

2 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Kind of a loaded question lol 

Depends on who your QB is and their contract situation. Untouchable QBs: Mahomes, Lamar, Deshaun, Josh Allen, Goff, Wentz, Dak, Baker, Rodgers, Wilson, Ryan, Kyler, Jimmy G, Darnold- NO.

everyone else. Yes. 

Also depends on what we are using as the back up plan for the team trading the quarterback. Like, there may be some that say no then change to yes because of that. Would I trade Jimmy G for Young if my fall back option is Ryan Fitzpatrick? No. Would I trade him for Young if my back up option is Philip Rivers / Tom Brady / Teddy Bridgewater for a year? Dak? Honestly, I'd give it legitimate consideration if the back up plan is Winston. 

36 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Yes, i would trade Aaron Rodgers and get rid of that cap.

Sign a middling QB and sign a bunch of free agents.

Malfy, you know I love you, but this is the most dumb thing you have ever said. 

"you are smarter than this" 

Packers are a 5 win team without Rodgers. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, N4L said:

I don't even think I'd trade my teams starting edge rusher. 

BOOSSSSAAAAAA

You'd be crazy not to trade Garoppolo for Chase Young. Garoppolo is a tick above average but still gets paid like he's "that guy." Young & Bosa would murder opposing QB's and you could rotate in Dee Ford to keep them fresh before cutting bait next year. Spend the available money from Garoppolo's contract on a Dalton or Bridgewater + the new Kittle payday.

Edited by Kirill

1 hour ago, Kirill said:

You'd be crazy not to trade Garoppolo for Chase Young. Garoppolo is a tick above average but still gets paid like he's "that guy." Young & Bosa would murder opposing QB's and you could rotate in Dee Ford to keep them fresh before cutting bait next year. Spend the available money from Garoppolo's contract on a Dalton or Bridgewater + the new Kittle payday.

we would be crazy to think that soulless Andy Dalton or bug eyed Bridgewater could help us win a superbowl over Jimmy Gspot. 

We already rotate Dee ford with Arik Armstead.

Chase young would be fun, but our DL is already the best in the NFL, so I don't know how much it makes us better