Let's see how good you think Chase Young is going to be. Would you trade your TEAMS QB for Chase Young, straight up?

aceinthehouse

1 hour ago, N4L said:

It absolutely is. Nagy did an amazing job of getting the first read open in 2018. In 2019 the league adjusted, and Nagy struggled to stay ahead of the curve. Now that defenses had a better read on what the offense was doing and the first read wasnt open, MT looked incompetent and completely lost. the fact is, he was also incompetent in 2018. 

I told you that it was obvious to me that MT was not seeing the field in 2018. He would lock onto his first read and then never move his head. Even on plays where his head moved, he was just trying to look off defenders and wasnt actually looking to throw the ball to the other side. 

Nope. Can't really argue about him looking lost and incompetent at times--although claiming he was also "incompetent" in 2018 is patently ridiculous. The "one read quarterback" thing is a total oversimplification, and most likely something you picked up from the internet, instead of actually watching Bears games. 

1 hour ago, N4L said:

Only bears fans thought MT was a good QB. 

Not at all true. 

1 hour ago, N4L said:

Just admit that you were wrong so we can move on

Ummm...

3 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

I was, obviously, completely in the wrong on that--but it certainly wasn't an unreasonable thing to believe in the first place. 

Bills - Keep Allen (reluctantly)
Pats - Get Chase (I'm going to hesitantly argue their Brady window has closed and they would be better off doubling down on defense and trying to find a stopgap to win games)
Jets - Get Chase
Dolphins - Get Chase (I'm not a believer in Darnold)

Steelers - Get Chase (I'm going to hesitantly argue their Big Ben window has closed and they would be better off doubling down on defense and trying to find a stopgap to win games)
Browns - Get Chase (I'm not a believer in Baker)
Bengals - Keep Burrow (I'm taking liberties putting Burrow in the Bengals, but whatever)
Ravens - Keep Lamar

Titans - Get Chase
Texans - Keep Watson
Jags - Get Chase
Colts - Get Chase

Raiders - Get Chase
Chargers - Get Chase
Broncos - Get Chase
Chiefs - Keep Mahomes

Cowboys - Get Chase (I don't think Dak is worth the contract, personally)
Redskins - Get Chase
Giants - Keep Jones (reluctantly)
Eagles - Keep Wentz

Packers - Keep Rodgers
Vikings - Keep Cousins
Bears - Get Chase
Lions - Keep Stafford

Saints - Keep Brees (This one is actually VERY difficult, but they still have SB potential and if they win 1 more with Brees, that is worth more than Chase)
Falcons - Keep Ryan
Panthers - Get Chase
Bucs - Get Chase

Seahawks - Keep Russ
49ers - Keep Jimmy
Rams - Get Chase (That Goff contract....)
Cardinals - Keep Kyler

I'm shocked by how many teams I think should dump their QB for him.  I may have been too quick on the draw on a couple old QBs, and quick to write off a couple of young ones, but whatevs, its my list

23 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Yes, i would trade Aaron Rodgers and get rid of that cap.

Sign a middling QB and sign a bunch of free agents.

WOW

I think many people are not factoring in cap with their answers - but Rodgers is a surprise to be willing to give up. As a fan of a team who has never had a Rodgers - I think you are forgetting what an elite QB does for a team

I've often thought teams should consider a tag and trade of a plus QB exiting their rookie contract though... but not an elite one

Edited by Tk3

On 2/14/2020 at 11:06 AM, vikingsrule said:

Trading Kirk Cousins is tempting. The idea of Hunter and Young on the edge is fascinating. Those two could terrorize QBs for the next decade given Hunter is still only 25.

But I think most acknowledge that Cousins is a top 10 QB, or maybe just outside the top 10, and that isn’t always easy to find. For a QB, Cousins is probably just entering his prime.

Would the Vikes be better with Teddy Bridgewater as a FA and another hypothetically elite edge rusher or Cousins and an aging Everson Griffen?

Honestly though.

Assuming you'd dump all that salary and acquire Chase Young on a rookie contract.

You could realistically just sign Brady and have a SB caliber team ready to go.

4 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Nope. Can't really argue about him looking lost and incompetent at times--although claiming he was also "incompetent" in 2018 is patently ridiculous. The "one read quarterback" thing is a total oversimplification, and most likely something you picked up from the internet, instead of actually watching Bears games. 

Not at all true. 

Ummm...

Hardly anyone thought Mitch was QB1 and deserving of a Top 20 pick. Bears fell in love and it didn’t pay off. Basically a Daniel Jones situation. 

6 hours ago, Tk3 said:

Saints - Keep Brees (This one is actually VERY difficult, but they still have SB potential and if they win 1 more with Brees, that is worth more than Chase)

I personally don’t think Brees vs Teddy is that big of a difference.... Our team had more heart and won some tougher games with Teddy at the helm.

When Brees is under center it was almost like people got complacent. Like “we got Brees, we’ll be OK”

when it was teddy, everyone knew they had to show up 100%

Edited by Dome