Is Isaiah Simmons the most versatile player to come out... ever?

RaidersAreOne

On 2/14/2020 at 12:48 PM, Danger said:

at 6'4" 230, he's going to want to either drops some pounds if he plays safety, or put on some pounds at Linebacker. I'm sure he can do either, but in the NFL he's going to have to go one way or another.

Nah. Plenty of 230 lb LBs who were plenty able to hang ,and they weren't as good as Simmons. 

Raiders have struggled to cover TE's for years. If Simmons falls to 12 because of size/fit/position confusion. I'd just have him shadow the TE 85% and blitz or spy QB the other 15% if it's a mobile QB. Raiders need to build a team to beat KC so Simmons for Kelce and a fast shifty CB for Hill. Then a spy for Patty

Edited by G

20 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Aaron Curry

There's no pro comparison. Isaiah's football instincts are far sharper than Curry's ever were, he's also the better athlete. 

Clemson has asked a lot of him & he's risen to every challenge, kid's got great work ethic. They want him to put on more weight & defend the run more? He will, his tackling is superb. He's also been consistent no matter the opposition which is a great sign. No games off against lesser opponents & no shrinking against elite opponents. 

I really don't get this talk about him being too small, there's nothing wrong with his physique & he's clearly got the room to add size. And, I don't get the talk speculating Clemson moved him around to hide his deficiencies, seems more likely the other way around. 

Much like Lamar, I just want coaches to see what they've got in Isaiah & utilise his full range of abilities. 

• Like 1

Jamal Adams. Only difference between the two players is that Simmons has the size, which justified his usage as a base LB. Simmons and Adams are cut from the same cloth, and I have no doubts he'll end up being a top 6 pick just as Jamal was. 

Edited by jetskid007

2 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

Jamal Adams. Only difference between the two players is that Simmons has the size, which justified his usage as a base LB. Simmons and Adams are cut from the same cloth, and I have no doubts he'll end up being a top 6 pick just as Jamal was. 

To me, Jamal Adams is a defensive back first and Simmons is a box player/linebacker first. The comparison was made a few pages ago, but he profiles more closely to Derwin James for me.

Isaiah Simmons profiles the exact same as Brian Urlacher did as a prospect.  A tall, rangy, sideline to sideline tackling machine suited to play box safety or OLB, who likely ends up at the Mike where he has the greatest impact on every snap. 

Edited by warsawian
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, warsawian said:

Isaiah Simmons profiles the exact same as Brian Urlacher did as a prospect.  A tall, rangy, sideline to sideline tackling machine suited to play box safety or OLB, who likely ends up at the Mike where he has the greatest impact on every snap. 

What? Urlacher weighed almost 260 at the combine and played at that weight IIRC. Simmons is far too small to play MLB in the NFL. He will certainly need to gain weight if that's where people want him to play

On 2/14/2020 at 2:57 PM, BleedTheClock said:

Also, Simmons is going to play SLB in the NFL and that's about it. You won't see him rover around like he did at Clemson. He'll line up outside of the OT and inside of the #2 WR on 99% of his snaps.

He can't play S in the NFL.

He'll be like a faster Urlacher in the pros

11 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

What? Urlacher weighed almost 260 at the combine and played at that weight IIRC. Simmons is far too small to play MLB in the NFL. He will certainly need to gain weight if that's where people want him to play

To be fair, Urlacher showed up at the combine 20 pounds heavier than he had ever played in college.  Not saying that's what Simmons would or should do, but Urlacher played at 235-240 in college.