February Mock Offseason

WindyCity

24 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I think easily the most underrated need for the Bears is a DE. Nichols did nothing last year after a promising rookie year and when Hicks went down, his importance became apparent.

DL is always important. RRH is just a dude, Nichols was non-existent last year and Williams could leave. It's more bare than people realize.

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

You really think these guys have any sense of money? Trent Richardson had 4 houses. It doesn't matter.

You don't hear or see Floyd with the flashy car or jewelry so yeah kinda. I'm just saying when you get a nice raise you make a big purchase in general

On 2/15/2020 at 11:05 AM, beardown3231 said:

I think easily the most underrated need for the Bears is a DE. Nichols did nothing last year after a promising rookie year and when Hicks went down, his importance became apparent.

IIRC Nichols was playing with a broken hand for most of the season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

IIRC Nichols was playing with a broken hand for most of the season. 

He broke his hand in week 2. Tough for a DL but those things are usually good to go in 8 weeks tops, and considering he missed a month to nurse it, there's no reason he should've been MIA for virtually the entire season

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

He broke his hand in week 2. Tough for a DL but those things are usually good to go in 8 weeks tops, and considering he missed a month to nurse it, there's no reason he should've been MIA for virtually the entire season

The only thing he was MIA from is the stat sheet compared to last season. He was still playing good football.

A broken hand screws DLmen, even once the cast comes off you have lost half your grip power and muscle.

5 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

The only thing he was MIA from is the stat sheet compared to last season. He was still playing good football.

A broken hand screws DLmen, even once the cast comes off you have lost half your grip power and muscle.

He wasn't playing as good as last year, that's for sure. He didn't step up in Hicks' absence like I thought he would. He didn't make a step going into his second year like we all thought he would. I wouldn't be opposed to spending a 4 or 5 on a DE is all I'm saying

I agree Ebron has talent, but I feel like he just wouldn’t work out here.  If everything was going perfect for him he would be great, but first sign of adversity that guy seems like he is checking out.  

I worry about over paying for a Hooper who isn’t really special.   Bears are in a pickle.  They have fix both OL and TE.  

19 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I agree Ebron has talent, but I feel like he just wouldn’t work out here.  If everything was going perfect for him he would be great, but first sign of adversity that guy seems like he is checking out.  

I worry about over paying for a Hooper who isn’t really special.   Bears are in a pickle.  They have fix both OL and TE.  

All the years he has "checked out" he has produced close to Burton's career year.

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

All the more reason I’m open to trading a pick or maybe picks for OJ Howard or Njoku - they’re real players both well under the FA price tag for players of their caliber the next 2 seasons. 

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

All the more reason I’m open to trading a pick or maybe picks for OJ Howard or Njoku - they’re real players both well under the FA price tag for players of their caliber the next 2 seasons. 

I'm down.  I was against trading away a 2nd earlier for either one of those two guys but come to think about it they are more talented than any TE prospect in this upcoming class and are still cost controlled for the next season.  Not sure if their 5th year options have been exercised, but either way it is worth a gamble I think.