Week 3: Buccaneers (1-0) at VIKINGS (1-1)

swede700

4 hours ago, Freakish Mind said:

Put Rhodes 1 on 1 with Evans all game,  Put Waynes on Desean Jackson all game with help over the top and that should lock up their passing game.  

That's a bad matchup for MN. Waynes running vertically all game terrifies me. I'd honestly put Alexander on Jackson, see what he's got.

3 hours ago, indifference said:

Oh man, so many of you Vikings fans are going to be surprised come Sunday.  I chuckled at "Bucs offense is overrated" comment.

Good luck Sunday

Im not getting the lack of fear of Tampas offense. Run game and OL may be suspect but Winston, Evans and Jackson all have big play ability. Crowd noise and pass rush may slow things down, but the Vikes pass rush hasn't been getting to the QB this year. Sack production is down. Given the lapses in coverage often leading to penalties, there should be plenty to be worried about. Especially if Winston chooses to test the Vikes secondary vertically.

3 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Im not getting the lack of fear of Tampas offense. Run game and OL may be suspect but Winston, Evans and Jackson all have big play ability. Crowd noise and pass rush may slow things down, but the Vikes pass rush hasn't been getting to the QB this year. Sack production is down. Given the lapses in coverage often leading to penalties, there should be plenty to be worried about. Especially if Winston chooses to test the Vikes secondary vertically.

The Mike Thomas is as good as Mike Evans comment had me over dying laughing man. I'll say this, you're right about the big play ability but what favors the Vikings is that the Buccaneers tend to have red zone struggles. TB will be able to move the ball on the Vikes, that I'm certain of, it's the scoring touchdowns or will they be kicking field goals that will most likely determine how close of the game will be. Vikes able to hold us to 3 when we're in scoring range then Keenum maybe able to pull this one out.

We may not be able to run the ball well but if its one thing we can do semi decently is pass block. Looking forward to a good game Sunday.

1 hour ago, indifference said:

TB will be able to move the ball on the Vikes, that I'm certain of, it's the scoring touchdowns or will they be kicking field goals that will most likely determine how close of the game will be. Vikes able to hold us to 3 when we're in scoring range then Keenum maybe able to pull this one out.

This actually falls in line well with the Vikings defense, as it seems to be more of a bend but don't break D. (please don't look up the stats, because they disagree with me)

Vikings rookie running back Dalvin Cook insisted Wednesday he won’t have any extra motivation facing a team that came close to drafting him before taking a pass. Cook will meet up Sunday at U.S. Bank Stadium with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, who had the 19th pick in April’s draft. The Tampa Bay Times reported the Buccaneers were going to select the Florida State running back until Alabama tight end O.J. Howard unexpectedly became available. The Bucs took Howard, and Cook fell all the way to the No. 41 pick, where the Vikings grabbed him in the second round.

“I took a visit (to Tampa Bay),” said Cook, a college teammate in 2014 of Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston. “I was ready for all the teams that needed running backs, and the Bucs were one of the teams that needed running backs, so it was a possibility.”

So will he have added motivation Sunday?

“No,” Cook said. “The ball’s going to get rolled out Sunday, so that’s all the motivation we need as a team.”

http://www.twincities.com/2017/09/20/vikings-rb-dalvin-cook-ready-to-show-bucs-what-theyre-missing/

When Vikings cornerback Xavier Rhodes played his final season for Florida State in 2012, Jameis Winston was redshirting as a freshman. Rhodes remembers the young quarterback well.

Rhodes: “He always wanted to race. He thought he was the fastest person on the team, knowing he was the slowest. He would compete in anything. He thought he had the best hands, he thought he could cover anyone at defensive back. I’m like, ‘Bro, you’re just an all-around athlete running a 4.8, huh?’  He always had confidence, he always believed in himself and his talent, and it shows in the NFL. I can see the progress from when he was there at Florida State to now. He’s accurate with his throws, he’s smart deciding who to throw to in certain coverages. We chat up, talk about Florida State, and I ask how he’s doing and he asks how I’m doing. I tell him, ‘You’re doing great things in the league,’ and he tells me the same.”

http://www.twincities.com/2017/09/20/vikings-rb-dalvin-cook-ready-to-show-bucs-what-theyre-missing/

The Buccaneers, who played their first game last week since their Sept. 10 opener at Miami was postponed because of Hurricane Irma, forced four turnovers against the Bears.

Zimmer: “They’re a turnover machine. That’s kind of been their ‘M.O.,’ last year same thing.”

03-FOX-V2.png

Yellow:  Bucs - Vikings

Red: Giants-Eagles

Green: Falcons-Lions

Orange: Saints-Panthers

Blue: Seahawks-Titans (3:00 start)

No really weird outcomes this time around...although it appears that we were originally going to have the Viking-Bucs here in this area, but it was switched to Falcons-Lions.  

Archived