Week 3: Buccaneers (1-0) at VIKINGS (1-1)

swede700

I can see us keeping this close in a lot of respects, but I just don't know if the offense has enough juice to go 4 quarters. Winston is really coming into his own as a QB, and that offense can open up real quick with a long ball to Evans. I hope we can some how get out with an early lead and ride our 3 headed monster to a close victory. 

2 minutes ago, Frank Costello said:

I can see us keeping this close in a lot of respects, but I just don't know if the offense has enough juice to go 4 quarters. Winston is really coming into his own as a QB, and that offense can open up real quick with a long ball to Evans. I hope we can some how get out with an early lead and ride our 3 headed monster to a close victory. 

Punts, Penalties and Injuries?

I don't see that working out for us.

Haha, JK. I hope we at least keep it interesting. That game last week was so boring.

Def was a boring game in terms of previous expectations coming in. However Personally, all things considered, we played better last week than I thought we would. 

Had we cleaned up those mental errors, that game would have been even closer. 

Now Case is a week removed, a little further along in the playbook, and surely creating more chemistry with players. I think we have a shot to keep this game close, but just for how long ? It's going to be critical for us to get the running game going at some point. We have to keep our defense fresh and rested as much as possible. 

29 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I don't see us winning this game without Bradford. Our only chance will be unsustainably big plays from defense and special teams. Maybe from Cook too.

Ugh.

I have no doubt the Vikings can win.  Even without Bradford, the Vikings are a better team than the Buccaneers.  Despite getting dominated by the Bucs this millenia (after watching that team during the 80s and the early 90s, I can't believe I'm writing that), Zim is 1-0 against the Bucs.  They'll find a way to win.    

16 minutes ago, disaacs said:

I have no doubt the Vikings can win.  Even without Bradford, the Vikings are a better team than the Buccaneers.  Despite getting dominated by the Bucs this millenia (after watching that team during the 80s and the early 90s, I can't believe I'm writing that), Zim is 1-0 against the Bucs.  They'll find a way to win.    

You said something along the lines of this against Detroit last year and why we were gonna win.

I have faith in this team when they're healthy. I just don't think we're so good to overcome an injury to our starting QB.

18 minutes ago, disaacs said:

The defense will decide it. Will Waynes continue to be a liability, can the defense get the QBto the ground, force turnovers? 

Playing at home should help the offense but they need to do a much better job running the ball early on and moving the chains. 

13 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

You said something along the lines of this against Detroit last year and why we were gonna win.

I have faith in this team when they're healthy. I just don't think we're so good to overcome an injury to our starting QB.

Granted, they should have won both of those games against the Lions, since they were leading late in both of them.  I may just be attempting to maintain my positivity in a world of real negativity right now, but I think they are good enough to overcome an injury to Bradford.  They may not be able to beat the Steelers/Patriots of the world without him, but I believe they can beat the Buccaneers.  

Something that struck me during the last game was Wayne's attitude. I think he's just not a very confident player overall. His physical skill set is there, but he seems like he doubts himself from time to time. Then you have a guy like Alexander who is OVERLY confident in his game, but lacks all the physical traits that Waynes has. If those guys could some how feed off each other and balance one another out, we could have a stacked secondary. Until then tho, I worry about both in critical situations. 

3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

but you've said many, many times that Bradford is nothing more than an average QB who has already reached his peak. so what's the real loss in your mind?

or is it perhaps since he had the best game of his career two weeks ago,he showed he obviously hadn't peaked...?

Archived