Trade Chubb?

BleedTheClock

8 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Seems a bit harsh, but 🤷‍♂️.

I'm on the fence about it myself and would have to see what compensation we're talking about. It would be hard to say no to pick 10 and Chubb for picks 3 & 67 to grab Chase Young. This would value Chubb as about pick 14 straight up. Looking at it that way, not really sure that's a great deal. If we believe Chase Young is worth the #1 pick, though...

That’s the GIF!  Chubb May very well be the best back in the league going into his 3rd year.  You don’t just trade away players like that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Interesting thought but I would love to see us play Pittsburg in Pittsburgh with that lineup have them invent the 3 stooges dance for every sack.

I freaking hate the steelers, but I do give credit where credit is due.  The way that they are handling the Ryan Shazier situation is all class.  I can’t think of anything our team team has done that comes close.

12 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I wouldn’t trade him this year. I’d run him for as long as we can before we need to sign him long-term. 

Yeah we’d still have 3 more seasons of hopefully elite production before he’d be due an extension.  At that point take the comp pick and move on, hopefully with his replacement on the roster ready to roll.

My Initial thought was I am coming into this thread in Pure anarchy

gK9.gif

But then I recall a conversation with my Cousin...The Titans fan, the year after CJ2K ran for 2000+, he said he would have traded him THAT next offseason for 2 1rst rounders (somebody supposedly) offered...History has proven him right.....

But his logic, was we just got the best season out of him that he would ever have...he's also he's a smaller RB.......so I guess to go along with his logic, have we seen the best season out of nick chubb....and I would say we have NOT. So we keep him.

Edited by DaWg_LB.

Please don't use the word "analytics" to blame this bad idea on.

Analytics, as the nerds explained in the plainest of language, is merely using data to help make a decision.

Fortunately, common sense is so overwhelmingly in favor of keeping him around, no data is needed to come to that conclusion. 

He makes the offense go. You pay him what he's worth and figure the rest out later.

I get that the Colts traded Faulk, but that is the exception not the rule.  Tomlinson was not traded, Barry Sanders was not traded, Bo Jackson was not traded.

yeah there are others.  Peterson was moved from the Vikes, even Smith left the cowboys, but that was a laughable notion after their 2nd year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Don Roshi said:

Let him play out the last two years of his rookie deal and franchise for another year. If he wants more than we can afford to give him after that, then we'll lose him. It sucks, but it's the smart play.

Exactly.

I know the prospect of losing a great player sucks, but you can always replace a RB. You can find 15 guys in FA that can get you 1,000+ yards. And about 10 more in the draft that can get you that. It doesn't make sense to pay a RB in a ZBS top dollar. I know he's a superstar RB, but you don't win with superstar RB's.

46 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Exactly.

I know the prospect of losing a great player sucks, but you can always replace a RB. You can find 15 guys in FA that can get you 1,000+ yards. And about 10 more in the draft that can get you that. It doesn't make sense to pay a RB in a ZBS top dollar. I know he's a superstar RB, but you don't win with superstar RB's.

Big facts imo.