Trade Chubb?

BleedTheClock

10 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Truth. Except that I'm basically never spending a 1st round pick on a RB. So 5 years instead of 6, but yes, conceptually I'm totally on board with that.

I’m think more along the lines of move up from the second round to the end of round one if there’s someone you really like or move down and pick up assets in the way.

Obviously they’d have to be special, but for a guy like Chubb it’d be worth it imo.

Just look at the trends. There are always problems at RB contract time. Nobody predicted the holdouts and contract problems with these guys when they were young. Look at the Le'Veon Bell disaster. I just don't think it's ever smart to invest too much money in a RB. We'll obviously try to make it fit, but when it comes to being smart, I'd rather keep other positions and jettison our RB.

Who knows? Maybe Baker continues to struggle and we don't have to pay him anything. Then we can keep Chubb and Garrett and kick everyone else out. But as of now, I highly doubt Chubb staying here makes sense 4-5 years from now.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Just look at the trends. There are always problems at RB contract time. Nobody predicted the holdouts and contract problems with these guys when they were young. Look at the Le'Veon Bell disaster. I just don't think it's ever smart to invest too much money in a RB. We'll obviously try to make it fit, but when it comes to being smart, I'd rather keep other positions and jettison our RB.

Who knows? Maybe Baker continues to struggle and we don't have to pay him anything. Then we can keep Chubb and Garrett and kick everyone else out. But as of now, I highly doubt Chubb staying here makes sense 4-5 years from now.

Yeah, i guess it depeneds on what Chubb wants, and if we get him early. 

In year 3 we may be able to get a discount, id take it. 

I love chubb but if he wants north of 14 million its a hard pass. If he is willing to add 3 years at 10 per year and a bonus on year 3-4 id do it. 

7 years total at 40 million 

If we could get chubb done this year, one thing that maybe in our favor is the new contract, if the cap jumps by greater than 5%, 12 million per year will not seem by much. If they get an extra game, it could add 10%. A 230 million cap while paying chubb 12-14 million, jc 10, bitonio, 9, obj and juice 15 each, wont seem like too much. 

That could be 25-30 % of the cap, with only 3-5  players to add, Baker, Myles, Greedy, Larry O, Denzel.

Edited by Kiwibrown

Just now, Kiwibrown said:

If we could get chubb done this year, one thing that maybe in our favor is the new contract, if the cap jumps by greater than 5%, 12 million per year will not seem by much. If they get an extra game, it could add 10%, 230 million and paying chubb 12-14 million, jc 10, bitonio, 9, obj and juice 15 each, wont seem like too much. 

That could be 25-30 % of the cap. 

The problem is, with the stats he's put up, and especially once Henry gets paid, Chubb's folks are going to try to reset the market again. We aren't getting him for $12 mil per, unfortunately.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

The problem is, with the stats he's put up, and especially once Henry gets paid, Chubb's folks are going to try to reset the market again. We aren't getting him for $12 mil per, unfortunately.

Dont ruin my man fan fiction erotica with logic. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

The guy we should try and trade is Kareem to Chicago.

16 hours ago, NateDawg said:

The above comment is so cringe.

@candyman93, while I wouldn't go as far as Nate, he might have a point. We don't want to trade an elite back when his value is rock-bottom. Also, Chicago isn't giving up on David Montgomery after one season.

Maybe I should have been more in depth on my response. The idea of trading a RB with high value makes sense. 

That said, this team is going to run the ball with stefanski, we want to win now and chubb is cheap for a few more years.

I won't hate this conversation when his option is due.

20 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

Maybe I should have been more in depth on my response. The idea of trading a RB with high value makes sense. 

That said, this team is going to run the ball with stefanski, we want to win now and chubb is cheap for a few more years.

I won't hate this conversation when his option is due.

He doesnt have an option as a 2nd round pick.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Only if the one this year is pretty high. Picks 25 and 27 kinda sucks as compensation. Maybe next year that would be worth it. 

Just to make it sure I am being clear. I do not want to trade Nick Chubb.

At the same time, because of the volatility of the position AND the ability to find replacements from the anywhere from day 1, 2, 3 or UDFA. Two first rounders for a RB would have to make any team listen to the offer at least.

• Like 1