Trade Chubb?

BleedTheClock

17 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Keep him as long as possible. I know he will be pricey, but he is also one of the best running backs in the league and there’s a chance to leave a long term legacy here in Cleveland. If he ends up getting hurt on the contract, it is what it is. Let him play out his contract, try to get him long-term, and if not you franchise tag him and hope for the best in continued negotiations. 

I am aware that guys like Myles Garrett and Denzel Ward will be up for big contracts in the next couple years. I am also aware that you can’t keep everybody. I think from what we saw last year, Baker Mayfield will not be getting a monster contract in a few years as we anticipated after his rookie season. At least unless he takes some really big steps in the next couple seasons. But certainly nothing like Pat Mahomes is going to be getting regardless. That will also potentially open up the wallet for some other people. I really don’t want to see Nick Chubb go anywhere. He is one of those rare guys that just puts his head down and goes to work and produces on the field. 

I hope your right I am just looking at it from a analytics point of view.

A defensive line of flowers , myles, and young would be devastating for the next 7 years.

@mtmmike there is  no chance we could use Chubb to move up to #2. If we could, I'd do it in a heartbeat. 

...and I still have no idea who this Flowers person is you keep speaking of. It's the weirdest thing I've seen here in a long time that you keep referring to someone that isn't a real person!

Here's another reason why a trade might be happening eventually:

A ZBS allows any scrub RB to thrive. You don't need a superstar RB to make it work. Paying a superstar legendary money to do something slightly better than an UDFA could do would be a mistake IMO.

11 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

@mtmmike there is  no chance we could use Chubb to move up to #2. If we could, I'd do it in a heartbeat. 

...and I still have no idea who this Flowers person is you keep speaking of. It's the weirdest thing I've seen here in a long time that you keep referring to someone that isn't a real person!

Here's another reason why a trade might be happening eventually:

A ZBS allows any scrub RB to thrive. You don't need a superstar RB to make it work. Paying a superstar legendary money to do something slightly better than an UDFA could do would be a mistake IMO.

18 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Keep him as long as possible. I know he will be pricey, but he is also one of the best running backs in the league and there’s a chance to leave a long term legacy here in Cleveland. If he ends up getting hurt on the contract, it is what it is. Let him play out his contract, try to get him long-term, and if not you franchise tag him and hope for the best in continued negotiations. 

I am aware that guys like Myles Garrett and Denzel Ward will be up for big contracts in the next couple years. I am also aware that you can’t keep everybody. I think from what we saw last year, Baker Mayfield will not be getting a monster contract in a few years as we anticipated after his rookie season. At least unless he takes some really big steps in the next couple seasons. But certainly nothing like Pat Mahomes is going to be getting regardless. That will also potentially open up the wallet for some other people. I really don’t want to see Nick Chubb go anywhere. He is one of those rare guys that just puts his head down and goes to work and produces on the field. 

I hope your right I am just looking at it from a analytics point of view.

A defensive line of flowers , myles, and young would be devastating for the next 7 years

Dante flowers linebacker la rams.

My thinking on young is that Miami trades up to number 2 to take Tua that is where young drops to 3

6 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

A defensive line of flowers , myles, and young would be devastating for the next 7 years

Yeah they'd ruin the league.

Dante flowers linebacker la rams.

That's not a person. Dante Fowler. Gotcha.

My thinking on young is that Miami trades up to number 2 to take Tua that is where young drops to 3

I don't think Washington will trade the #2 pick. Chase Young is too good for that bull crap unfortunately.

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Oh cool, another analytics = boogeyman thread.

I think it has very little to do with analytics. It has to do with our cap space situation and the philosophy of whether or not to pay a runningback that kind of cash. Especially when the type of blocking scheme we are going to employ makes chicken salad out of chicken poopie.

2 hours ago, mtmmike said:

I think analytics say trade him while his trade value is highest.

But he’s not just a running back

He is the example for every player on the team

thats where his value is most felt. 

he’s just a worker and we’d do well by paying the man what he deserves so that the team can see who’s example to follow 

play and act like this guy right here and we will pay You. The more Players with Nick Chubbs mindset the better we will be 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

😠😡😤

Also, I don't think we need Flowers.

Our DL is already good.

At DT we have Sherman Richards and Lenny Ogbonnaya.
At DE we have Michael Garnett, Verne Oliver, and Chadwick Thompson. Plus Guster Portin could be something eventually.

Edited by BleedTheClock
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Also, I don't think we need Flowers.

Our DL is already good.

At DT we have Sherman Richards and Lenny Ogbonnaya.
At DE we have Michael Garnett, Verne Oliver, and Chadwick Thompson. Plus Guster Portin could be something eventually.

😠😡😤

*Gorter

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mtmmike said:

I dont know nudetayne trading chubb plus picks seems like a good idea seeing how we still have another 1700 yard back.

22 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

billy-madison.gif

Seems a bit harsh, but 🤷‍♂️.

I'm on the fence about it myself and would have to see what compensation we're talking about. It would be hard to say no to pick 10 and Chubb for picks 3 & 67 to grab Chase Young. This would value Chubb as about pick 14 straight up. Looking at it that way, not really sure that's a great deal. If we believe Chase Young is worth the #1 pick, though...

Edited by NudeTayne
Hmm...

2 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

I'm on the fence about it myself and would have to see what compensation we're talking about. It would be hard to say no to pick 10 and Chubb for pick 3, 67 to grab Chase Young. This would value Chubb asset about pick 14 straight up. Looking at it this way, not really sure that's a great deal. If we believe Chase Young is worth the #1 pick, though...

I wouldn’t trade him this year. I’d run him for as long as we can before we need to sign him long-term.