Trade Chubb?

BleedTheClock

I love how we have so many guys to pay after an underwhelming 2019 season. Outside of whether or not we re-sign Chubb, TBH, the way I see it is:

*Schobert: Likely we re-sign and pay him

*Myles: Will command a lot of money

*Baker: The jury is out and we have three years of control left

*Ward: While he looks like a young stud Pro Bowl CB, he has an extensive injury history

After yesterday's round of cuts, we saved some money, and I'd expect Kirksey and Hubbard to be major casualties as well.

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I love how we have so many guys to pay after an underwhelming 2019 season. Outside of whether or not we re-sign Chubb, TBH, the way I see it is:

*Schobert: Likely we re-sign and pay him

*Myles: Will command a lot of money

*Baker: The jury is out and we have three years of control left

*Ward: While he looks like a young stud Pro Bowl CB, he has an extensive injury history

After yesterday's round of cuts, we saved some money, and I'd expect Kirksey and Hubbard to be major casualties as well.

Ogunjobi won’t be cheap, neither will Njoku if we decide to keep him.

20 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Ogunjobi won’t be cheap, neither will Njoku if we decide to keep him.

True, but we also have guys that I didn't factor in like Vernon where we can save.

We have no idea if we will be committing to Baker long term, let alone paying him top end money like Mahomes (let's all HOPE this is the case).

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

If we don't re-sign Schobert, I'd bet on us keeping Kirksey.

I'd like to re-sign Schobert and restructure Kirksey's deal.

That would be CLASSIC Browns.

Let's keep Kirksey who isn't half the player Schobert is and has twice the medical red flags and don't re-sign Schobert.

17 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

That would be CLASSIC Browns.

Let's keep Kirksey who isn't half the player Schobert is and has twice the medical red flags and don't re-sign Schobert.

No I hope we don't do this. But if we don't re-sign Schobert, I highly doubt we want to lose 2 of our starting 3 LB's and 2 of the best leaders.

19 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

I am saying they will not pay chubb 17,500,000 so why not trade him to get young if he is available at 3.

Chubb is a top 2-3 runningback, as well as being a special talent, as well as being a pro. With a bit of luck you can build around him for 4-5 years. 

He was the best player on our team for 16 games, by far, and it was by accident as freddie was trying to highlight other guys. 

He was 2nd in the league in rushing behind Derrick Henry, despite having a much worse offensive line. Had he been on the same team, as Henery he probably hits 1800-1900 yards. 

Our plan should be to build around Chubb, get two zone blocking tackles, and next season and ride him to the playoffs. Obj, Juice, Njoku, and Kareem can feed off what he brings. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

I guess I’m the only one who likes Kirksey. I also think he’s gone but he’ll be a key contributor on a good defense that makes the playoffs next season. 

I agree with you.

I’m 50/50 on believing he gets cut or not. I could understand both fronts. Keep him and turn him into a comp pick next year or cut him.

20 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Chubb is a top 2-3 runningback, as well as being a special talent, as well as being a pro. With a bit of luck you can build around him for 4-5 years. 

He was the best player on our team for 16 games, by far, and it was by accident as freddie was trying to highlight other guys. 

He was 2nd in the league in rushing behind Derrick Henry, despite having a much worse offensive line. Had he been on the same team, as Henery he probably hits 1800-1900 yards. 

Our plan should be to build around Chubb, get two zone blocking tackles, and next season and ride him to the playoffs. Obj, Juice, Njoku, and Kareem can feed off what he brings. 

I see your point but if you have made the decision to not pay chubb to me it is best to trade him.

Just remember this group let Schwarz walk for no compensation.