2010s Horror - Official FF BMET (Polling Open!)

Deadpulse

2010's Horror Representative  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Best Horror Movie of the 2010's to present

• IT: Chapter 1
    • Get Out
    • A Quiet Place
    • Annihilation
    • Midsommar
    • The Conjuring
    • The Babadook
    • Halloween (2018)
    • The Witch
    • The Wailing
    • Hereditary
    • Train To Busan
    • Kill List
    • It Follows
    • Happy Death Day
    • Split
    • Cabin in the Woods

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/17/2020 at 11:00 PM

In this thread we will be deciding the first entrant into the FF Best Movie Ever Tournament - Horror movie from the 2010s!

Please see rules at the following thread:

Poll is up and there can only be one! Keep in mind the amount of votes the winner receives will help determine seeding in the bracket, so dont stop voting for the movie you think deserve the spot because its winning by a landslide, your vote will still count! Polling will close Monday, 2/17/2020 at 6pm EST. 

This is insanely difficult to choose between The Conjuring and Hereditary.  The Conjuring has nothing outside of how scary it was.  Well-made and everything, but no real powerful performances, based on a true story instead of original, basically just corrected/improved upon current tropes instead of trying anything new, but it spawned a massive resurgence in horror and also created its own universe (which sucks).  

Hereditary though... Oscar worthy script, actress, director.  No movie unnerved me more.  Although some people hated it, it’s one that will last and endure and be remembered as an iconic horror film while The Conjuring’s endurance will be tainted by its subpar universe and offshoots.

Edited by Outpost31

Also really wish there was a satire genre so Cabin in the Woods could get the respect it deserves.  I’d kill for a sequel where humanity survives a near apocalypse from the old gods to see a world where everybody knows they have to go through with it.  

And/or a simple prequel.

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Also really wish there was a satire genre so Cabin in the Woods could get the respect it deserves.  I’d kill for a sequel where humanity survives a near apocalypse from the old gods to see a world where everybody knows they have to go through with it.  

And/or a simple prequel.

Satire is probably too niche for this format 

Hereditary was a well written movie but I just didnt think it really brought anything new to the genre. Actually I dont think we've seen an original horror in a long while which is part of the reason I kinda grew out of them in the 00's.

Overall I just went with the one I thought was better made which is still hard to do cause there are some good ones on this list. But ultimately I went with "IT". On top of the good adaption they made from the book, I thought most of the actors in the movie put up great performances Pennywise actor (forgot his name) especially as well as the kid actors which is surprising for a thriller that is more character focused. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

In this thread we will be deciding the first entrant into the FF Best Movie Ever Tournament - Horror movie from the 2010s!

Please see rules at the following thread:

Poll is up and there can only be one! Keep in mind the amount of votes the winner receives will help determine seeding in the bracket, so dont stop voting for the movie you think deserve the spot because its winning by a landslide, your vote will still count! Polling will close Monday, 2/17/2020 at 6pm EST. 

Cool idea and pool no doubt, but jumping the gun looking down the road, how do you legitimize it when all of these movies below are better than any movie in the 2000s?  And only one can be nominated from each time frame?  That is criminal honestly.  It should be top 50 overall, then top 10 and picked from that not by freaking time period or something...maybe other genres will not matter as much and be more well rounded...

1980's
The Shining
A Nightmare on Elm Street
The Evil Dead
Aliens
Friday the 13th
Hellraiser

1970s
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
The Exorcist
Alien
Halloween
Carrie

It is going to take till what next Christmas to complete all of this, and it will not be accurate because crap movies will move on because of time period and superior movies will be left behind because of increased competition in their time period.  

And in the 1990s if film school drop outs get their way, Silence of the Lambs and Misery would not be horror movies.  Then for the 1990s The Blair Witch Project wins?  Hopefully Jacob's Ladder I guess.  The Sixth Sense I can see as a Thriller but not Silence of the Lambs, Misery maybe but really no on that as well, and yes Scream is a horror movie and if only because there are very few in the 90s time frame.  

4 minutes ago, SlevinKelevra said:

does it make sense (to speed things up) to have the next nomination open while this voting is going on (and repeat that procedure?)

not opposed. The only thing is I dont want to distract from the voting. What are people's thoughts on this?

4 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

how do you legitimize it when all of these movies below are better than any movie in the 2000s

then they wont win overall... only one movie will come out of the horror genre. If there are two movies in the 90s better than any in the 2000s then whichever wins the 90s should beat the 2000s representative anyways, making to moot. 

Just now, Deadpulse said:

then they wont win overall... only one movie will come out of the horror genre. If there are two movies in the 90s better than any in the 2000s then whichever wins the 90s should beat the 2000s representative anyways, making to moot. 

Of course that is going to happen, or should and there is zero question about that.  But it is a stacked field, some of those in the 70s and 80s could be considered one of the best all time horror movies and they might not even make it into the field, that is just wrong.  You could make a tournament just on those two periods alone and it would be better competition without question.

It does not represent the "genre" if the best movies are not even in the final field of eight.  But keep doing what you are doing, it is a neat idea just will have a deceptive result.  

4 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

not opposed. The only thing is I dont want to distract from the voting. What are people's thoughts on this?

It would not be distracting, and would be great to get a high vote count on these but I doubt that happens.  Most likely it is around what 40 voters max maybe?  But most likely it will be a group of 10 to 20 that vote on everything anyway.  

One has 40 or so votes on mock drafts in a freaking footballforum!  What are the chances of anything higher than that for movies?  Not very...