• RB Jonathan Taylor
    • S Antoine Winfield
    • WR Jalen Reagor
    • WR Justin Jefferson
    • Other [Specify]
    • Leave Blank

24 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

That’s a lot of mileage even on a juniors legs

maybe I’d take him 2nd round, and that’s if Dobbins and Swift are gone.

Backup TE first, why? What in Reid’s long illustrious career leads you to believe that he’d value a backup TE that highly. Just re-sign the Belldozer and keep it going.

I just like the prospect. He's improved every season and seems like a really talented receiver. His last season was just like Kelce's last season in college from a stats standpoint. Hopkins and Kelce on the inside with Hill and Hardman on the outside would be unstoppable. We're going to have to pick up the receiving slack from Watkins and D-Rob being gone somewhere. Having pick 32 sucks though. I'd rather trade up or down probably depending on how the first round goes.

Also we run 2 TE sets pretty often, and Kelce is still somewhat injury prone. I see Blake Bell as a 3rd stringer. The value is there with this pick unless you just aren't that high on Brycen Hopkins as a prospect. To me, backup TE has been a glaring hole on our roster for years and Blake Bell doesn't inspire confidence that the problem is solved. Reid would also find ways to line up Kelce or Hopkins as a WR to get them involved if necessary. In the longterm, Kelce will be 31 next season, we'd have Hopkins on the cheap until Kelce is 36 and then can extend Hopkins to continue the dominance from the position working with Mahomes. It's something of a luxury pick but I'm not high on any of the defensive prospects in the poll.

Edited by Kirill

1 hour ago, onejayhawk said:

We'll see his weight at the combine, but he lists at 235. He has the length to bulk up, but that's very light. The Chiefs already have Dorian o'Daniel, though he has been a ST whiz. more than a LB. In any event, 32 is too high for Baun. 

J

Different players though. I like the comparison that Baun would be the Kiwanuka in our D.

56 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

235 is light? That’s what DJ played at in his prime, in a 34 defense. It’s actually the average weight of our LB Corp aside from Ragland and O’Daniel.

I’d much rather have Patrick Queen if we go LB. he may end up being the pick he’d fit our team perfect next to Hitchens and Neimann 

Yes, for this scheme 235 is light. He lists 6'3" a well, so he could bulk up. We'll see exactly what he measures shortly. I agree that Queen is another of the same group. Why would you put him next to Hitchens and Niemann? Wilson was out best LB.

DJ may have listed 235, but did he play ILB at that weight? In any event, LB is not a 1st round pick with this board. 

32 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Yes, for this scheme 235 is light. He lists 6'3" a well, so he could bulk up. We'll see exactly what he measures shortly. I agree that Queen is another of the same group. Why would you put him next to Hitchens and Niemann? Wilson was out best LB.

DJ may have listed 235, but did he play ILB at that weight? In any event, LB is not a 1st round pick with this board. 

As a LB he’s light in our scheme? Our LBs all play in the 230s. Besides Ragland.

and yes it’s well documented that DJ actually cut weight each season to keep his speed. So yes he for sure played at 235 at one point. This is 2020 your LB doesn’t need to be 250 to be successful lol

Wilson being the best LB out of a below average LB Corp really doesn’t impress me either. They can all be upgraded.

im not a huge fan of Zach Baun but your reasoning is ridiculous lol.

14 hours ago, Kirill said:

Well apparently I'm the only one who voted RB Jonathan Taylor as his first choice. With no one elite available thats who I would take. He's one of the most decorated college RB's of all time and seems like a true professional. Sure, he's not a scat back who would traditionally fit Andy Reid's screen heavy offense, but he's the best player available in my book. Balance out Mahomes with this dude and we're winning the next 5 chips. When we get to the playoffs and defenses are going full "Slow Down Mahomes" mode this guy would show his worth. He reminds me of Mark Ingram.

Love Taylor but as you said, don't think he fits our scheme.

I went Quinn, Jefferson, Gallimore

Quinn because our LB corps is the weakness of our team, Hitchens is gone after next year too and there's a massive drop off at LB after him. Jefferson because he's, imho, the best player left on the board and we need a steady, bigger presence at WR to put some pressure off Kelce. Gallimore would be a replacement for Jones should we tag and trade

1 hour ago, TedLavie said:

Quinn because our LB corps is the weakness of our team, Hitchens is gone after next year too and there's a massive drop off at LB after him. Jefferson because he's, imho, the best player left on the board and we need a steady, bigger presence at WR to put some pressure off Kelce. Gallimore would be a replacement for Jones should we tag and trade

I could see Jefferson or Gallimore being the pick tbh. Jefferson would be an upgrade to Hardman and likely Watkins as well.

Gallimore *should* be a 2nd rounder imo. But he won't be there at 63 and if we lose Jones, we could use a player of his caliber.

4 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I could see Jefferson or Gallimore being the pick tbh. Jefferson would be an upgrade to Hardman and likely Watkins as well.

Gallimore *should* be a 2nd rounder imo. But he won't be there at 63 and if we lose Jones, we could use a player of his caliber.

Jefferson and Hardman are very different receivers. I'm assuming Sammy is gone. If so, I don't think we need yet another speedster like KJ Hamler or even Raegor. I think someone bigger who has the route running skills to separate and find the soft spots in zones could be useful. We saw Mahomes be really dependent on Kelce on 3rd downs/RZ play. I think Jefferson is that guy - he would be a great fit for us.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Jefferson and Hardman are very different receivers. I'm assuming Sammy is gone. If so, I don't think we need yet another speedster like KJ Hamler or even Raegor. I think someone bigger who has the route running skills to separate and find the soft spots in zones could be useful. We saw Mahomes be really dependent on Kelce on 3rd downs/RZ play. I think Jefferson is that guy - he would be a great fit for us.

He’d be perfect fit as the X receiver in Reid’s offense, Hill at Z, Hardman at Y. With interchangeability between as Reid is want to do.

honestly Chiefs could pick a lot of different players here and it’d make sense

1. D'Andre Swift - RB - I think we need true #1 RB and it would take the offense to another level.  After looking at all the running backs in this draft, I see Swift as a cut above the rest.  He reminds me of LeSean McCoy with a more power.  

2. Patrick Queen - LB - Cover three down LB's are incredibly valuable and I would love to see what Spags could do with a guy like this.  I also see us looking to get more speed at the LB spot. 

3. Ceasar Ruiz - C/G - Young, talented true pass blocking center who could lock down the center spot in front of Mahomes for the next 10 years.   I think his stock will fly after the combine and Reid is known to value the position.