Pre Combine Mock

rampantjet

Cuts:

Tru- only saves 3 mill, but still worth it

Avery Williamson-  Seems like a great guy, and is a good player, but we just don't need another run thumping ILBer for big money saves 6.5 mill

Quincy- saves 2.4 mill, just can't stay healthy

Brian Winters-  It's about damn time.  Saves 7.2 mill 

Roberts-  Just a useless player with 0 dead money saves 6 mill

Bellemy-  The signing made 0 sense saves 2.25 mill

Harrison-  Not even really a worthy back up, we can find someone else as a back up for less money, saves 2.25 mill

Blake Countess- Saves 1.2 mill

Resignings:

Neville Hewitt- had some really good moments for us this year.  Next to CJ where he will be asked to do less i think we can get credible play out of a combo of him and hopefully Blake Cashman. 2.5 mill 

Maurice Canady-  I was pleasantly surprised with how he played.  He was solid out there and that is what we need at CB, really anyone that can be functional  2 mill per

Brian Poole- Goes without saying, he played real well.  We give him 10 mill per.... that might be a bit high, just playing it safe here.

Alex Lewis-  We bring him back cheap in hopes that he ends up being a solid back up as opposed to a weak starter 3 mill

Bilal Powell-  I just can't quit him.  He is just a consummate pro and gives us 1 more year.  1 mill  

FA:

Joe Thuney OG-  It just makes sense, and we are already linked to him.  We need to keep Sam clean and give him a pocket to step up into.  Fixing this line is priority 1-5 this offseason.  Gets 12 mill per.

Cornelius Lucas OT-  Reports are saying that the front office thinks Edoga can take over at RT.....  He certainly has a chance of developing into the starter there, but i don't think I wanna put all of my chips in that basket.  Lucas has his own gravitational pull.  Dude is 6'9 330 and played pretty darn well i part time duty with the Bears last year (72 rating on PFF would have been best on our team).  He will compete with Edoga for the RT spot, if he loses out we have a quality swing tackle that can fill in on either side.  Worth the money.  7 mill per.

Graham Glasgow OG/C- Another guy we have been linked to.  He gives us another solid piece in the middle of our line, who can handle 3 positions.  I never want an injury to cause us to play a terrible C again.  11 mill per

Tajae Sharp WR-  We got priced out of the Robby and Breshad market, but we still want to get another NFL caliber WR on the roster with an eye towards a strong WR draft to add some pop.  Sharp is a quality route runner who can line up in the slot or outside.  Does well against press and is 6'2 which is nice.  I think his best football could be ahead of him.  He was behind 2 young quality WR's and an emerging TE on the target list in an offense who didn't throw much to begin with.  6 mill per.

Bradley Roby CB- Another non superstar but solid pro signing.  He's had an up and down career, and was only so so last year so we get him for  deal.  8 mill

Vic Beasley EDGE-  Eww.  Not a massive fan of this signing, but it seems like there might be interest, and despite the fact that i don't love him, his skill set of just flying around the edge is something we do sorely need.  Even if he doesn't get big sack numbers my hope is that he can at least get the QB to step up into our solid DL.   Honestly i have 0 idea how much this guy gets.... but we have the loot.

*TRADE*  Jets trade Lev Bell to the Houston Texans for the Texans 5th rounder.  We offload a player that just doesn't fit what our coach wants to do, and get some money and at least some draft capital back in the process.  

#11 Jets-  Andrew Thomas LT-  Was OT1 when the season ended, has since been passed by some really talented guys, but Thomas isn't a consolation prize here.  I really like his tape.  He has some footwork to fix but i do think he has all the tools to be a franchise LT for a long time.  

#48 Jets-  Matt Hennessy C-  Can't have enough Hennessy on the roster.  Kid is a late riser, but i really liked what i saw out of him at the senior bowl.  Smart C who moves well and has a good anchor.  Cushenberry, Ruiz are both off the board at this point, but i am still more than happy about this pick.  

#68  Jets-  Denzel Mims WR-  Another guy that really impressed at the senior bowl.  This kid is one of the WR's who fall into the 3rd in this draft only because it is such a deep WR class.  I can honestly see this kid becoming the real deal, he just moves so well.  

#79  Jets-  Van Jefferson WR-  Listen.... I love me some route running.  And we need as many guys as we can that can get open for Sam.  This kid is the 2nd best route runner in this class, and that is only because Jerry Jeudy exists.  I don't think he is a world breaking athlete but i think he will have a bit more juice than some people think.  Added bonus, is his dad is our WR coach, which kind of shows why he is so polished.  This gives us a WR corps of Crowder, Mims, Jefferson, Sharp, and Smith.  All young all with some upside  Throw in a healthy Herndon and we have some pieces.

#110  Jets-  Anthony McFarland RB-  If you designed a RB to take some carries on Gase's offense, he might be a lot like this kid.  Not the biggest kid on the planet 5'9 198, but wow once he puts his foot in the dirt and picks his lane he is gone, he's apparently been computer timed as fast as 4.34.  He is kind of the poor mans Travis Etienne.  Can be used in the passing game too.  Also he had limited touches in college which i see as a huge advantage.  

*Trade*  Jets trade both our 5th and Houston's 5th to Indy for their 4th #112

#112  Jets-  Bradlee Anae EDGE-  Another guy who had an outstanding senior bowl.  I think he still falls into the 4th for 2 reasons.  It is a deep edge class, but also he has some really short arms sub 32 inch.  But while they might be short he really knows how to use them.  He is adept at swiping the OT's hands away a la the Bosa bro's.  He is also fairly stout against the run.  Between Anae, Basham, Beasley it still isn't a position of strength but we have some guys who might be able to grow into real rushers.  

#171  Jets-  AJ Dillon RB-  Another RB who can put his foot in the dirt and pick his lane, but it looks way different than when McFarland does it.  It is more destructive.  6' 250 behind our revamped OL, he is there to keep us ahead of the sticks and keep our offense on schedule for Sam.  We have our cheap thunder and lighting backfield for 4 years hopefully.    

#202  Jets-  Gage Cervenka  OG- Developmental guy out of Clemson.  Dude is a horse, 6'3 325 and did 44 bench reps at a Clemson event.  The only reason he is here is he is a convert from the DL so he has a lot to learn, but has all of the ability to be a road grader for years.  He sits behind our fresh new interior 3, and should have at least 2-3 years to develop.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, rampantjet said:

I'm oddly uncomfortable with people being this non critical.   Guess I'll just send this to JD

Lol I agree with @doumeyer about Williamson. If healthy he’s a quality starter. I agree with your assessment of Anae’s senior bowl performance. That, combined with a solid season, makes me think he’ll be drafted in the 2nd or early part of the 3rd. Depending on Sam’s growth, the improvements you made on our OL could give us a top 10 offense. IMO, there is no need to sign Lewis for 3m. I think I’d offer him or another FA backup OG about 1/2 that amount. I have no other complaints so send it on to JD