Lions fan coming in peace

BZski

I just wanted to reach out and see what you guys have heard as far as rumors go for your teams #2 pick. I read that the Skins are looking to trade back with Miami now. I also read both, that they are for sure taking Chase Young and that they may take Tua and look to trade Haskins ala Cards last year with Rosen. This draft is going to be fun this year!

23 minutes ago, e16bball said:

If we were ranking things in order of likelihood, I’d go:

1. Take Chase Young

2. Trade down for Godfather package

1042. Take Tua and trade Haskins 

Thats what I figured. There is more smoke about Skins wanting to trade back however. Its a good spot for Detroit as we get a haul of picks for a team that wants Tua or we get Chase Young at 3. Just outsiders perspective but I wasnt all that impressed with Haskins from what I watched this year (even for a rookie he looked not great) so if RR and his staff see's superstar potential in Tua I wouldnt put it that far out of the question.

21 minutes ago, BZski said:

Thats what I figured. There is more smoke about Skins wanting to trade back however. Its a good spot for Detroit as we get a haul of picks for a team that wants Tua or we get Chase Young at 3. Just outsiders perspective but I wasnt all that impressed with Haskins from what I watched this year (even for a rookie he looked not great) so if RR and his staff see's superstar potential in Tua I wouldnt put it that far out of the question.

I would think we are 95% taking Chase Young.  There’s a 5% chance we trade down.  Snyder is infatuated with Haskins, imo there’s no chance we take Tua.

• Like 1

Just now, MKnight82 said:

I would think we are 95% taking Chase Young.  There’s a 5% chance we trade down.  Snyder is infatuated with Haskins, imo there’s no chance we take Tua.

Copy that. I didnt realize Snyder loved Haskins that much.

1 hour ago, BZski said:

I just wanted to reach out and see what you guys have heard as far as rumors go for your teams #2 pick. I read that the Skins are looking to trade back with Miami now. I also read both, that they are for sure taking Chase Young and that they may take Tua and look to trade Haskins ala Cards last year with Rosen. This draft is going to be fun this year!

The rumors are we trade down with Detroit. They take Tua, we still take Young plus receive extra compensation. Be ready to pay up 💰. 

5 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

The rumors are we trade down with Detroit. They take Tua, we still take Young plus receive extra compensation. Be ready to pay up 💰. 

There is ZERO chance that happens. If we trade up which wont happen...it will be for Young not Tua.

Edited by BZski

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

There is also ZERO chance we pass on Young, so there you have it. 

I am actually cool with that. Like I said we either get a boatload or picks from a team that wants Tua or we get Chase Young at 3. Win-win for us. I was just coming here to see if there were any validity to the trade back rumors I read about the Redskins.

2 minutes ago, BZski said:

Haskins was the least experienced QB to come out of college in many years, so I think the expectations should have been set pretty low. He’s not one of these guys like Lock or Jones who played forever in college and should have been very prepared for the NFL — had he been clearly better than either of those guys, that would have been pretty remarkable, given the utter lack of experience. 

As it was, the progress he made was pretty remarkable. He got absolutely screwed by the coaching staff, just throwing him out there with no reps and no chance in his two “relief pitcher” outings, and he clearly wasn’t ready to play early on. He stunk against you guys — which I assume is the primary reason you weren’t impressed — but that was his worst game, and they did at least get the win. I think that gave him a little boost, and he played better and led the game winning drive the next week against Carolina. Not coincidentally, around this time the offense was visibly shifting to “more Kevin O’Connell, less Bill Callahan.” He played even better against a solid Packers D, and then lit it up against the Eagles and the Giants in his last two starts before he left with an injury in the second half against NYG. 

All told, he was 107/181 (59.1%) for 1225 yards (6.8 Y/A), 7 TDs, 3 INTs, and an 85.5 passer rating in his 7 starts. Not too bad for a kid who played 14 college games.

And the thing that really has us (well, me, at least) a little excited is that in his last two starts of the season, he posted a line of 72.1%, 9.2 Y/A, 4 TDs, 0 INTs, and a 131.3 passer rating. That was the 3rd highest in the league those weeks — and it was also the highest rating any rookie has ever put up in his 6th and 7th starts combined. Compare that line to the guy you saw play against the Lions, and that’s the kind of progress that has us feeling a bit hopeful. 

If they did the Rosen, they’d be complete idiots. Rivera isn’t an idiot, and while Dan Snyder probably is an idiot, he loves Haskins — so there’s not much chance of that. They’re taking Chase Young unless someone absolutely blows them away with a trade offer. Which may have had a chance of happening before Tua got hurt, but it seems unlikely now.

2 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Haskins was the least experienced QB to come out of college in many years, so I think the expectations should have been set pretty low. He’s not one of these guys like Lock or Jones who played forever in college and should have been very prepared for the NFL — had he been clearly better than either of those guys, that would have been pretty remarkable, given the utter lack of experience. 

As it was, the progress he made was pretty remarkable. He got absolutely screwed by the coaching staff, just throwing him out there with no reps and no chance in his two “relief pitcher” outings, and he clearly wasn’t ready to play early on. He stunk against you guys — which I assume is the primary reason you weren’t impressed — but that was his worst game, and they did at least get the win. I think that gave him a little boost, and he played better and led the game winning drive the next week against Carolina. Not coincidentally, around this time the offense was visibly shifting to “more Kevin O’Connell, less Bill Callahan.” He played even better against a solid Packers D, and then lit it up against the Eagles and the Giants in his last two starts before he left with an injury in the second half against NYG. 

All told, he was 107/181 (59.1%) for 1225 yards (6.8 Y/A), 7 TDs, 3 INTs, and an 85.5 passer rating in his 7 starts. Not too bad for a kid who played 14 college games.

And the thing that really has us (well, me, at least) a little excited is that in his last two starts of the season, he posted a line of 72.1%, 9.2 Y/A, 4 TDs, 0 INTs, and a 131.3 passer rating. That was the 3rd highest in the league those weeks — and it was also the highest rating any rookie has ever put up in his 6th and 7th starts combined. Compare that line to the guy you saw play against the Lions, and that’s the kind of progress that has us feeling a bit hopeful. 

If they did the Rosen, they’d be complete idiots. Rivera isn’t an idiot, and while Dan Snyder probably is an idiot, he loves Haskins — so there’s not much chance of that. They’re taking Chase Young unless someone absolutely blows them away with a trade offer. Which may have had a chance of happening before Tua got hurt, but it seems unlikely now.

Yeah he got better as the season went on but I hope I am wrong for your guys sake but he just reminded me of a little bit more mobile Byron Leftwitch. You could def see the arm talent though. 

1 minute ago, BZski said:

I am actually cool with that. Like I said we either get a boatload or picks from a team that wants Tua or we get Chase Young at 3. Win-win for us. I was just coming here to see if there were any validity to the trade back rumors I read about the Redskins.

No validity. You have two guys at HC and DC who have collectively coached Julius Peppers, Von Miller, Khalil Mack, Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher, Luke Kuechly and Calais Campbell. They know first-hand how important a dominant All-Pro-level (maybe HOF-level) front 7 player is to a defense. They’re not going to pass up the chance to draft a player with that potential staring them right in the face. 

Plus, it’s well established that part of Rivera’s interview with Snyder was the plan to develop Haskins. Haskins is a Snyder pick and you can be 100% sure he’ll be given multiple seasons to prove if he was worth the investment or not. 

So on a non-Haskins note, what are your thoughts on how far you’re willing to trade down if you’re DET?

To me, Miami obviously seems like the ideal option, because you’re still in position to secure either Okudah or Simmons at 5. But what if Miami doesn’t want to pull the trigger? Would you be willing to move down to 6 or 7 (or even to JAX or OAK)? Who else would you want your boys to be targeting if they slid down further?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

No validity. You have two guys at HC and DC who have collectively coached Julius Peppers, Von Miller, Khalil Mack, Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher, Luke Kuechly and Calais Campbell. They know first-hand how important a dominant All-Pro-level (maybe HOF-level) front 7 player is to a defense. They’re not going to pass up the chance to draft a player with that potential staring them right in the face. 

Plus, it’s well established that part of Rivera’s interview with Snyder was the plan to develop Haskins. Haskins is a Snyder pick and you can be 100% sure he’ll be given multiple seasons to prove if he was worth the investment or not. 

It just seems that you guys are good at DL?

DE- Kerrigan/Anderson

DT- Payne/Loanndis

DT- Jonathan Allen/Settle

DE- Sweat

Just seems like Young may be a luxury but he is the best player in the draft so I can see going for the Niners approach and taking like 7 DL in the first round. 

3 minutes ago, e16bball said:

So on a non-Haskins note, what are your thoughts on how far you’re willing to trade down if you’re DET?

To me, Miami obviously seems like the ideal option, because you’re still in position to secure either Okudah or Simmons at 5. But what if Miami doesn’t want to pull the trigger? Would you be willing to move down to 6 or 7 (or even to JAX or OAK)? Who else would you want your boys to be targeting if they slid down further?

Ideally it would be Miami, LAC, or CAR so we could still get Okudah, Brown, or Simmons but if Indy and Raiders want to give up a ton to move up I can see Lions being ok with grabbing DT- Kinlaw, DE- Epenesa, or even Jerry Jeudy at #12 or 13.