What Super Bowl do you consider to be the ultimate clash of titans?

Bolts223

As in a Super Bowl where you think both teams are insanely good even by SB standards?

For me there are a few that come to mind:

• Super Bowl 13: Steelers vs Cowboys
  • Super Bowl 19: 49ers vs Dolphins
  • Super Bowl 49: Patriots vs Seahawks

Any others that come to mind?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, scar988 said:

2016 - Falcons vs. Patriots.

Falcons had the No. 1 offense and one of the top 5 all time.

Patriots had the No. 1 scoring defense. 

Yeah but you blew a 25 point lead, and that's the only thing that Super Bowl will ever be remembered for.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

Yeah but you blew a 25 point lead, and that's the only thing that Super Bowl will ever be remembered for.

The chain of events that led to it could have been stopped by just one thing going differently too. It was a hellish day, but that 2016 Falcons team was one of the greatest offenses in the history of the NFL.

1 minute ago, scar988 said:

The chain of events that led to it could have been stopped by just one thing going differently too. It was a hellish day, but that 2016 Falcons team was one of the greatest offenses in the history of the NFL.

The thing I'll always remember was you guys had a chance up 7 to run the ball from the Pats like.... 40, run out some clock, and kick a field goal and be up 10 with very little time to play, but Shanny had to pass it for some unknown reason.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

The thing I'll always remember was you guys had a chance up 7 to run the ball from the Pats like.... 40, run out some clock, and kick a field goal and be up 10 with very little time to play, but Shanny had to pass it for some unknown reason.

Yup. That's what we'll always remember too. That and the Devonta Freeman missed block. The missed facemask against the patriots on that drive against Mohamed Sanu. OH, and the Julian Edelman "catch" that dropped off of Robert Alford's hands on a 4th down.

The first Super Bowl that the Patriots won against the G.S.O.T. Rams is the one that comes to mind for me.  I thought that Rams team was unstoppable but little did I know they were playing against a team that would go on to become the greatest dynasty in the history of the league.

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 1