Tennessee expected to release Dion Lewis

Elky

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/12409/dion-lewis

The Titans need all the cap space they can get with offensive cornerstones Derrick Henry and Ryan Tannehill both headed for free agency. Cutting Lewis, who has largely been a non-factor since joining the Titans on a four-year deal in 2018, would seem to be a no-brainer. His release would create $4 million in cap savings while leaving behind just $1.1 million in dead money. In addition to Lewis, Davenport suggested Tennessee could also move on from pricy veterans Ryan Succop, Cameron Wake and Delanie Walker. With Tannehill a candidate for the franchise tag and Henry reportedly seeking Zeke money, the Titans have their work cut out for them this offseason.

Guess Tennessee is a "cheap organization".

Is he done? 

I think there’s gotra be about about 30-40 FA or incoming UDFA RBs I’d probably give a shot to over a guy like Lewis at this point in his career. I think he’s gonna have a tough time carving out a role for someone moving forward, his best chance is probably gonna come in the form of injuries later in the season  

11 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

Yeah, he burned that bridge...

He's the definition of salty. Everywhere that decides he's not worth the money as a business decision he talks trash about endlessly.

He was actually sour that he wasn't starting over LeSean McCoy when Shady was in his prime.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Danger said:

He's the definition of salty. Everywhere that decides he's not worth the money as a business decision he talks trash about endlessly.

He was actually sour that he wasn't starting over LeSean McCoy when Shady was in his prime.

Funny he called us "cheap". If it weren't for us being "cheap" by signing him, he would have never gotten that deal from Tennessee.

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

My guess he heads back with the Pats and looks like a elite 3rd down back again. 

James White is already in that role, and doing a better job than Lewis did. 

I'll say Detroit is his next destination. Kerryon Johnson is not a healthy RB, so he'll get carries. He's signing for minimum at absolute most.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

James White is already in that role, and doing a better job than Lewis did. 

I'll say Detroit is his next destination. Kerryon Johnson is not a healthy RB, so he'll get carries. He's signing for minimum at absolute most.

Well, I mean, you can't sign for less than minimum :D

• Like 4

I miss Dion Lewis. It was great having him perform the way he did that one year. Was never able to catch that lightning again, it seems. If NE wasn’t already basically set in stone, I’d welcome him back. He fills the same role that Burkhead does, though. 

Lewis ought to get a cheap deal to see if he can stick somewhere as a rotational back. He might be an injury-signing, late in the summer.