Better Call Saul, Season 6 (April 18)

iknowcool

I've been waiting so long for this show to return.  Every season has been terrific so I would expect nothing less from here, especially since it seems like a lot of the major stories are beginning to reach their climax (Fring's lab being built, Lalo Salamanca and Nacho, Jimmy getting accepted back into law and his relationship with Kim).  Plus a nice little treat in the trailer.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

BCS is the best spinoff i can remember

i was skeptical of centering around Saul, but its a great character pieces of multiple characters.

i love BB more because its more bombastic, but BCS does an arguably better job of world building

Edited by Malfatron
  • Like 1

On 3/3/2020 at 6:27 PM, thrILL! said:

It’s crazy how little love there is for BCS on here considering how many Breaking Bad stans there are. This show has impressively surpassed BB as the better series imo. 

It's always weird to me how many fans of Breaking Bad I'll meet who say they have never watched Better Call Saul.  Unfortunately I feel like a lot of people just see it as a Breaking Bad knock-off.  It's proven to be not just a great prequel, but one of the best shows of all-time.  Of course the ending has to land, but is there any reason whatsoever to doubt Gilligan and Gould, among the other fantastic writers?

The most impressive difference between the two shows to me is how Breaking Bad had one central story (albeit one of the best and most well-written stories ever) and everything revolved around that; meanwhile, Better Call Saul has several stories I would consider to be strong-points that the show can revolve around at any point that aren't related to the main character.  The rise of Nacho as one of the best and most sympathetic characters, Mike's personal demons, the drug war between Gus and the Salamanca's.  I'd even argue that Kim's story is more separate from Jimmy/Saul than Jesse's was with Walt.

The last two episodes have been tremendous, some of the best of show.  I forgot Krazy-8 was revealed to be an informant in Breaking Bad, and now it makes sense how that happened.  The continuity in this show is unmatched. 

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

That was a Top 3 episode of the series. Can’t wait for the finale this Monday. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

That was a Top 3 episode of the series. Can’t wait for the finale this Monday. 

Already?  Its rolling now.  That sucks