Better Call Saul, Season 6 (April 18)

iknowcool

Wexler v. Goodman is one of the best episodes I have seen in quite some time.  I haven't felt hate for a character like I did for Saul when he went back on his word during that meeting in a long time.  That was messed up.

I feel bad for Kim.  Granted she has made questionable decisions too, but because of Saul  I think that was the purpose of the intro where she refuses to get into the car with her intoxicated mother and why she takes so many pro bono cases - she genuinely wants to do the right thing.  But she sees what Goodman is able to accomplish not doing the right thing and is attracted towards that.

I haven't been all that interested in Mike's storyline this season, but it looks like it will be ramping up soon.

EDIT - THE PREVIEW FOR THE NEXT EPISODE LOOKS INSANE.  My jaw dropped.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm watching "Bagman," the most recent episode, right now and let me just say.  The first 15 minutes of the show move at like 1000MPH.  Insane.  Haven't felt my heart race in an episode like that in so long.

EDIT - OFFICIALLY HALFWAY THROUGH AND OH MY GOD.  This is shaping up to be Better Call Saul's masterpiece.

EDIT 2 - That episode was fantastic.  Absolutely amazing.  This season has been top notch all around.  

Also I'd like to add that Lalo Salamanca > anyone else this season outside of Kim and Jimmy.  I love every scene he's in and I think he's surpassed Gus as my favorite antagonist in the BB/BCS world.

I'm afraid for what's going to happen next.  I highly recommend every fan watch this episode ASAP.  The last 2 episodes are going to be bonkers as a result.

Edited by iknowcool

Damn, this episode was spectacular. Classic Breaking Bad/BCS standout episode, like they have a couple of each season.

I've been so-so on a decent part of this season, but this episode looks to be the start of the payoff. A lot of things this season I didn't really care about have built in to what's happening now, and I think the last couple of episodes are going to be phenomenal.

Good episode, but I’m probably in the minority thinking Episode 7 was better. 

Biggest thing for me was Kim revealed herself to the cartel, and now they have leverage over Saul. 

Considering Kim isn’t in BB, it’s obviously highly theorized she either died and Saul got her killed, or that they reunite post BB, and perhaps she used the vacuum guy to disappear. 

I hope Kim doesn’t die. She’s a great character and seems like a great person (character). 

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Good episode, but I’m probably in the minority thinking Episode 7 was better. 

Biggest thing for me was Kim revealed herself to the cartel, and now they have leverage over Saul. 

Considering Kim isn’t in BB, it’s obviously highly theorized she either died and Saul got her killed, or that they reunite post BB, and perhaps she used the vacuum guy to disappear. 

I hope Kim doesn’t die. She’s a great character and seems like a great person (character). 

I have a feeling Kim either dies or leaves Jimmy for good.  We see flash forwards on BCS and did on BB.  Not onc glimpse of Kim.  I wonder if they don't get the money to Lalo if she ends up paying the price, and Jimmy is so indebted that he can never leave or die

Almost had a heart attack the final ten minutes of E9. Most intense ten minutes of the show possibly. Really well done. Can’t wait for the finale! Expecting 75% great dialogue and 25% intense scenes. 

S6 should be fantastic. My official prediction is the First 7 Episodes are Pre-BB with Episodes 5-7 being complete epicness. And then Episodes 8-10 being Post-BB and also being complete Epicness. 

Can’t believe we’ll have to wait a year or more though...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Almost had a heart attack the final ten minutes of E9. Most intense ten minutes of the show possibly. Really well done. Can’t wait for the finale! Expecting 75% great dialogue and 25% intense scenes. 

S6 should be fantastic. My official prediction is the First 7 Episodes are Pre-BB with Episodes 5-7 being complete epicness. And then Episodes 8-10 being Post-BB and also being complete Epicness. 

Can’t believe we’ll have to wait a year or more though...

Not possibly- easily. Up there with any of BB's tensest scenes. I was gripped to the screen.

I agree with the other person saying Lalo has passed Gus for best villain in the universe. He's absolutely terrifying

Edited by matt79511

Holy crap. That was crazy intense. I was saying no, no, no for the whole time Kim was talking, I was convinced that Lalo was going to shoot her.

Lalo is an amazing villain. Utterly terrifying. One of the best characters in BB/BCS.

I feel like we're going to end with Saul sending Kim away via the vacuum guy to protect her.

• Like 1