Better Call Saul, Season 6 (April 18)

iknowcool

Great episode but I wish they wouldn’t have deprived us from hearing Kim’s conversation with Rick when she quit the firm.  Having us watch through the office window was even more of a tease.  

Kim is arguably a top 3 character in both BB/BCS.  Sadly, I don’t see this ending well for her.  Tbh the way she stood up to Lalo had me concerned he might off her right then and there.  Instead he was fully impressed and prolly turned on. LoL

• Like 1

On 4/14/2020 at 9:31 PM, D82 said:

Kim's such a good character. Just don't see things ending well for her. 

She literally might not last a week.  Can't see Saul letting her go the vacuum guy route.  Would anyone here let her go alone?  Surely, they would go together at this point, and that isn't happening.  But if she did, maybe a happy reunion at the end of next season, after jumping over BB and the coffee shop place in Nebraska (or wherever)

That was a slower than expected finale, but it was still great.  No way were they going to do anything permanent to Kim before the last season.

Lalo is brilliant

The signs have been there, but it's official: Kim has broken bad.  She was never a bad person, but you could tell throughout the season she was jealous at times of how Jimmy got ish done.  And now she wants to screw over Howard under the allure that it would help other people, but in reality she is being influenced by Saul.  And if you think Jimmy/Saul was bad before... imagine him with the support of Kim to do whatever the hell he wants.

I wonder what role Mike will have going forward?  It feels like with this season, he was no longer one of the primary characters.  Sure, he's still important, but he could not show up going forward and I don't think it would have a huge impact.  Kim has surpassed him in the #2 role and Lalo/Nacho's story is just so damn good, I'm glad they focused more on them as opposed to Gus/Mike.  

I enjoyed the parallel in this episode between Lalo/Nacho meeting Don Eladio and in Breaking Bad when Gus took Jesse with him to meet the rest of the cartel

Next season is going to be insane.  

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 1

Kim is use to toxic relationships because of her mother. She needs therapy, but seems like such a great person, no one would ever know it unless you knew her past + her current behavior if you were super close with her. Only us, the fans, are aware of this. 

She subconsciously endorses everything Saul does, and even convinces herself it’s a good idea. 

Even Saul seems kind of shocked most of the time she’s ok with what he does and even encourages it. Saul feeds off negativity, so Kim giving him positivity over everything is strange to him and not exactly encouraging. 

Two very broken human beings but I really like both of them and hope for the best for them both. 

Saul is so used to Kim being the voice of reason really has him uneasy about going forward with a scheme against Howard. I think Jimmy depends on Kims guardrails to keep him more focused on the task and now hearing her talk about what type of smear would work to force a settlement makes him more worried about what could go wrong.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Finally just got done watching this series thus far. Excellent show and cannot wait for next season. It's funny how this and BB are the same shows and differ so much. Sucks next season will be the last but it makes sense. The directors are so unbelievably creative in so many things that they do w/ this show.