Jump to content
KC_Guy

2020 KC Chiefs Roster Analysis - The Offensive Line

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

6 is too low. He's average but he isn't a liability outside of not being able to stay healthy. I think he plays out his contract with us but becomes more of a backup after this year.

Cap hit wise -- 2020: 9.5mil - 2021: 4mil - 2022: 2mil (dead cap, he's a FA after 2021)

We're taking that 9.5mil cap hit this year for sure. He's worth keeping around at 4mil as depth and insurance. Hopefully the young guys get up to speed and can take over in '21 or '22.

He was a liability last year. He really struggled. 2017 and prior, sure, he was average. Last year he never got back to that level of play though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In 2017, LDT was better than average, consistently a 4 and at times a 3. Last year he was not a liability, even when everything went wrong. That said, he is no longer young for a player and his medical history is grim. If I was the team, I would train Niang at RG, expecting him to mostly sit for several weeks. Next season, we could move Niang to swing tackle, expecting him to replace whichever of Fisher and Schwartz we did no re-sign.

J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

6 is too low. He's average but he isn't a liability outside of not being able to stay healthy. I think he plays out his contract with us but becomes more of a backup after this year.

Cap hit wise -- 2020: 9.5mil - 2021: 4mil - 2022: 2mil (dead cap, he's a FA after 2021)

We're taking that 9.5mil cap hit this year for sure. He's worth keeping around at 4mil as depth and insurance. Hopefully the young guys get up to speed and can take over in '21 or '22.

He was a liability all year last year honestly.

was surprising because I like the guy but he was repeatedly getting beat all the way to the super bowl. What I assumed was a center problem was mostly a guard one, partially solved when they got the Wiz in there to stabilize things.

i mean a corkscrew break of the ankle/leg sounds brutal so I’d like to see where he’s at next season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You say he was a liability, but he wasn't one in the playoffs and SB. This is not something that needs fixing, unless LDT gets hurt again.

J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Well this conversation doesn’t matter now...

Sad to see him go, his play regardless, but understandable. He’s on the frontline of a pandemic and America statistically is a turrible place to be.

We’ve got some options though hopefully 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guess Niang will get a chance to play earlier than we thought. Ir is it Allegretti?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

Guess Niang will get a chance to play earlier than we thought. Ir is it Allegretti?

My guess in order: Wylie, Allegretti, Hunter. There's a chance one of the undrafted rookies could sneak in there. But with the limited offseason and no preseason games, I think Reid goes with a vet.

My week 1 guess: Fisher - Rankin - Reiter - Wylie - Schwartz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

Guess Niang will get a chance to play earlier than we thought. Ir is it Allegretti?

I was expecting Wylie and Rankin to fight it out for the LG spot, so I think it likely that they just each start instead. One at left one at right.

Worth noting, Remmers has started at G previously in his career. If they like Rankin as a backup OT, or feel good about Niang or Senat in that spot, Remmers may actually be the best potential RG we have. Just a potential depth issue. I assume the plan was for Remmers to take the Cam Erving, back up everywhere, role. But, we'll see, I suppose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fisher / Niang

Rankin / Remmers

Reiter / Allegretti

Wylie / Dar. Williams

Schwartz / Remmers 

Would be how I guess we line up week 1.   We are pretty lucky to have pretty much all the skill positions a locked down,  could very easily see us rolling with 10 OL to start the season. 
 

With the new rule with a vet PS, I am assuming one of Moore/Henne get PS and we only carry 2 QB’s again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't Wylie get used and abused last season? I really don't want to see him starting with Mahomes on a 12 year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Sad to see him go, his play regardless, but understandable. He’s on the frontline of a pandemic and America statistically is a turrible place to be. We’ve got some options though hopefully 

He is a doctor, though I don't understand where you get the idea that America is doing badly in the COVID situation. WE have done middling well and considerably better than western Europe.

LDT's obvious replacement is Lucas Niang, provided he is healthy enough to go. Failing that, there a lot of suspects--Wylie, Alligretti, Remmers, Rankin, and several rookie candidates. If it's Remmers, then Niang needs to be the swing OT. If they go with Wylie, It will be as a bandaid on the wound. Given time, Yasir Durant and Derryl Williams have potential,

J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

He is a doctor, though I don't understand where you get the idea that America is doing badly in the COVID situation. WE have done middling well and considerably better than western Europe.

I don't want to derail this topic, so I'll just ask that you visit the official COVID thread. I'd love to hear what you're basing this off of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I don't want to derail this topic, so I'll just ask that you visit the official COVID thread. I'd love to hear what you're basing this off of.

 

Country Deaths Deaths /
1M pop
New
Deaths
Tests Confirmed
Cases
Confirmed Case
Fatality Rate
Seasonal
Flu Deaths1
United Kingdom 45,738 687.9 +61 14,568,733 298,681 15.31% 13,879
Spain 28,432 608.5 - 6,320,836 319,501 8.90% 8,091
Italy 35,102 580.9 +5 6,520,046 245,864 14.28% 10,058
Peru 18,030 563.6 +187 2,206,105 379,884 4.75% 9,212
United States 149,397 456.6 +907 53,352,250 4,315,683 3.46% 40,905
France 30,192 450.7 - 2,982,302 180,528 16.72% 9,199

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...