MLB The Show 20

BayRaider

I don't think The Shows' franchise mode is even fractionally as customizable as 2K's MyLeague, yet alone more.  I am going to wait for people to get their hands on franchise, to see if I'm going to buy this year, but right now its feeling like a pass; it doesn't seem like they did much to change franchise mode, again.  It's definitely no longer a day 1, for me, like it unquestionably used to be.   It's become stale.  Full minors at release is cool, but doesn't sound like it's going to be much different than just using the OS rosters, anyway.  Rebranding doesn't really interest me.  Expansion would be cool, but not just rebranding with generic stadiums.  They need to completely redo the generated draft prospects, and work on regression in order for the mode to move forward.

Edited by jyod21

This used to be the gold standard for sports games years ago, but has since gotten complacent.  This franchise is suffering from the same thing all other sports game suffer from - no competition.  Madden, 2K, FIFA, etc has no competition on console.  If you're a baseball fan and want a baseball game, this is essentially you only option.

Just as a note, I think this will be the last MLB The Show that is exclusive to PS4.  Starting next year (maybe) the game will also be on Xbox and the Switch.

24 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Does this mean no more waiting 72 hours for the Operation Sports guys to release their minor league systems?  

Yup. They actually worked with the MLB: The Show guys to help with ratings and everything this year too on top of getting the MILB license. From my understanding, there might even be an additional level of minor leagues with the A-levels showing up this year. (which would be fun)

• 3 weeks later...

Enjoying it. Similar game to the past few years obviously but the ability to have 30 custom teams and entire custom league instead of 30 MLB teams is fascinating. Same thing I do with NBA2K and have 36 College Teams and then Playoffs is Sudden Death. 

Commentary this year also includes the full minor league and tons of cities throughout the U.S. + tons of audio support for custom team names. 

If wanting to have a custom team, or play in an entire fictional league isn’t your thing, stick with The Show 19. 

Edited by BayRaider

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Enjoying it. Similar game to the past few years obviously but the ability to have 30 custom teams and entire custom league instead of 30 MLB teams is fascinating. Same thing I do with NBA2K and have 36 College Teams and then Playoffs is Sudden Death. 

Commentary this year also includes the full minor league and tons of cities throughout the U.S. + tons of audio support for custom team names. 

If wanting to have a custom team, or play in an entire fictional league isn’t your thing, stick with The Show 19. 

I hear what you guys are saying but I don’t care about anything but the major league rosters.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

I hear what you guys are saying but I don’t care about anything but the major league rosters.

Then I would suggest stick with The Show 19. Or even 18. Playing with fictional teams and leagues and complete custom options is my main selling point for sports games. Everyone has their certain features that floats their boat. This is mine.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2020 at 7:01 PM, Fresh Prince said:

You should care a little about the minor league rosters. Especially if you do RTTS like I do.