Can PJ Walker be a starting QB gor these teams

Vladimir L

31 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Outside of the Saints, no team in the NFL "creatively stashes" #3 QBs (other than putting them on the Practice Squad, which Walker was on).

The Colts cut PJ Walker several days after Luck announced his retirement. Then the Colts signed Brian Hoyer. They had plenty of opportunity to give Walker a shot if they thought he could hack it in this league. After 3 preseasons with them, the Colts prefered Brian Hoyer and Chad Kelly (who they signed back in May knowing PJ would likely be back for a 3rd preseason anyways) as their PS and #3 QB (Kelly later made the 53 in November).

The idea that there simply wasn't room for PJ Walker seems like it was fabricated to explain why things didn't work out his first NFL go-around. Cause the facts of the Colts transactions just don't support that.

31 minutes ago, ET80 said:

As far as trading him - I doubt that's an option because most teams have their two deep already set by the end of the PS (save for injury) and in the event of injury they usually have a PS guy who already understands the system to plug in.

The whole point of the OP is asking if he could start for like 8 different teams though.  

So the idea that you simply couldn't trade him 6-7 months ago (or the 2018 preseason, or the 2017 preseason) but now after 2 XFL starts he's big money who could (potentially) step in for a multitude of teams doesn't really make sense to me.

The whole thing seems like a bunch of hot air and hype.

Of course its possible he can succeed in the NFL. I'm just pointing out all the reasons he probably won't. 

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dome said:

Te whole point of the OP is asking if he could start for like 8 different teams though.  

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I don't think any reasonable thought has him starting for anyone. (Emphasis on reasonable). 

If you're choosing to fight unreasonable takes, pack a lunch. You'll be there for a while.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

If you're choosing to fight unreasonable takes, pack a lunch. You'll be there for a while.

I just made my point about how he’s had his shot already and flopped... it’s not “he needs a shot!” like Twitter thinks it is... it’s more like “maybe he’ll do better with his 4th chance”

the implication was that it’s probably an unreasonable take.

You're actually the one who has fought me on it the most, but I assumed it’s because you like it when we argue. for obvious reasons we can’t discuss here.

Edited by Dome

9 minutes ago, Dome said:

I just made my point about how he’s had his shot already and flopped... it’s not “he needs a shot!” like Twitter thinks it is... it’s more like “maybe he’ll do better with his 4th chance”

I don't necessarily disagree with your take, I'm just saying that it's doable. We've seen guys do more with less of an opportunity, we've seen guys do less with more of an opportunity. 

I think those of us who get how this works understand the limitations of the player and grade him accordingly.

12 minutes ago, Dome said:

You're actually the one who has fought me on it the most, but I assumed it’s because you like it when we argue. for obvious reasons we can’t discuss here.

I was saying he wasn't NFL starter quality - multiple times!

2 hours ago, Dome said:

Were people frothing at the mouth for Harrison like he was going to be the next big thing? Or was he a bubble player for the Steelers who impressed and got his shot the old fashioned way? I honestly don't remember, I'm like 35 years younger than you. 

My comment was more about the twitiots and their hype machine than it was to say PJ has no shot.

Harrison always had the talent.  He just didnt have the mind for it early.  Struggled to learn the playbook and almost impossible to coach.  Early in his career he always showed promise as a special teamer and backup.

You are right.  Never say never.  I dont think PJs chances are good, but its certainly not out of the question.

Trubisky is the starter for one of the teams on that list. So yeah. It’s not a stretch. But the XFL corners are unbelievably bad. I don’t think any smart organization would sign him with the intention of him being their starter. But I would take him over most of the trash the NFL has as backups

Im more interested in Cardale Jones tbh