3 Rounds No Trades: 2/21 Updated, reformated and added comp picks

EaglesPeteC

On 2/18/2020 at 9:29 AM, EaglesPeteC said:

Chiefs
            32. Jeff Gladney CB TCU
            63. Clyde Edwards-Helaire RB LSU
            96. Akeem Davis Gaither LB App St.

Nice. I am not thrilled with CEH, but I have seen worse. RB is not a priority, but at least you waited for #63. Gladney and ADG are perfect. In round #2, try Cesar Ruiz.

J

Patriots    This draft would be pretty damn good if you didn't draft Love at 23. 

Love is the this years draft QB that draftniks fall in love with. I see many comparing him to Mahomes, really!   He big ,fast and has a strong arm and he played against low level competition.  Chucking up several interceptions. Yes, I know he had nothing to work with but that is no excuse.  He also has a problem staring down WR. 

Do you waste a 1st round pick hoping to make him a NFL QB. Pats have major needs and to waste a 1ST on a hope is risky at best.

I would like the Pats to do three things the 23rd pick.

1. Trade the pick into  the second RD.  Talent in this draft is perfect for the Pats needs for Ol, TE, WR.

2. Draft best OL/DL/ Edge.  

3. Stay away from WR and  also QBs that aren't even close to being ready for the NFL.

PS  What a waste of a 1st round pick if Brady signs for 2 more years. He need weapons and there is a boat load in the second RD. JUST examples. TE Met and Hopkins. WR Jalen Reagor , Justin Jefferson, Brandon Aiyuk  and others.

Also how's this for a reason not to pick Love binky of the 2020 draftniks. Dwayne Haskins, Will Grier , Mason Rudolph , Mitchell Trubisky , Paxton Lynch and Blake Bortles . All were the darling of the so call experts.  They all were mocked many times as 1st round talent ! :oxD

Edited by m haynes

6 hours ago, m haynes said:

Patriots    This draft would be pretty damn good if you didn't draft Love at 23. 

Love is the this years draft QB that draftniks fall in love with. I see many comparing him to Mahomes, really!   He big ,fast and has a strong arm and he played against low level competition.  Chucking up several interceptions. Yes, I know he had nothing to work with but that is no excuse.  He also has a problem staring down WR. 

Do you waste a 1st round pick hoping to make him a NFL QB. Pats have major needs and to waste a 1ST on a hope is risky at best.

I would like the Pats to do three things the 23rd pick.

1. Trade the pick into  the second RD.  Talent in this draft is perfect for the Pats needs for Ol, TE, WR.

2. Draft best OL/DL/ Edge.  

3. Stay away from WR and  also QBs that aren't even close to being ready for the NFL.

PS  What a waste of a 1st round pick if Brady signs for 2 more years. He need weapons and there is a boat load in the second RD. JUST examples. TE Met and Hopkins. WR Jalen Reagor , Justin Jefferson, Brandon Aiyuk  and others.

Also how's this for a reason not to pick Love binky of the 2020 draftniks. Dwayne Haskins, Will Grier , Mason Rudolph , Mitchell Trubisky , Paxton Lynch and Blake Bortles . All were the darling of the so call experts.  They all were mocked many times as 1st round talent ! :oxD

Brady is 100 years old, in decline and a free agent, the Patriots need a QB. You may not like the player but don't act like the reasoning isn't more than logical. If Brady signs, I probably would go in another direction but as we sit here today, a QB would make perfect sense. 

Falcons

16.  AJ Epenesa EGE Iowa

47. Ross Blacklock IDL TCU

55. J.K Dobbins RB OSU

78. Jaylon Johnson CB Utah

Much better Falcons draft this time around imo.  The CB is still a bit early to take as we don't really need one that badly right now. I would wait til the 5th round or so for a CB if we take one.  The 1st 3 picks are very good though and i don't see any problems at all there they fit us well and hit big needs with great talent. 

For the 3rd round replacement of the CB i would go with a OLB, OG, or Safety.  The 1st 2 we probably could use a starter at with  Brown and Carpenter being straight garbage and probably being let go this offseason.  The olb we could use because Devondre Campbell is gone in FA and almost none of us want him back so we need to upgrade SLB with a talented player.  The Safety is more so for depth and possible starter incase neal is still injured or doesn't come back from injury correctly on the last year of his deal. 

CB on the other hand we are pretty much set with out top 4 or 5 guys and the top 3 for sure as they can't go anywhere and are pretty solid overall already.

18 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Brady is 100 years old, in decline and a free agent, the Patriots need a QB. You may not like the player but don't act like the reasoning isn't more than logical. If Brady signs, I probably would go in another direction but as we sit here today, a QB would make perfect sense. 

Your reason is spot on however you don't commit to a desperate act just to fill a need. Taking Love is a desperate act. Now if its Tua you have a different argument. He falls in the draft. How is this kid better than Stidman who has been with the Pats for a year working with Brady and Josh.  Love is better because the so call Draftniks experts say so ! Stidman had one of the best preseason of any QB drafted in his class.  I know its only preseason so you can't judge how he will do in the future. The same can be said about Love.  You have no idea how he will do facing better competition because his success so far is against low level competition.

IMO 1st RD pick is so valuable and you have to be damn sure (best you can) you get it right.  Picking Love in the 1st, tells me that they a willing to ( not valuable) gamble the pick way. If that the case than send 2, 1st for Stafford and call it a day. Which I would never do.

Edited by m haynes