Drew Brees will return for 2020 season

49erurtaza

11 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

I don't get how Brees is suddenly a bad QB. The guys went 8-3, nearly 3000 yards, 27 TDs and 4 Ints. If not for a flaky defense and some bad calls in the playoffs, then this discussion is carrying a different tone.

It's just easier for people to suggest this to justify their absurd obsession with Teddy as the Next......GOAT QB.

Brees gives the Saints the best opportunity at a SB in 2020 which is all that matters, Period. Hence his return.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, NJerseypaint said:

I don't get how Brees is suddenly a bad QB. The guys went 8-3, nearly 3000 yards, 27 TDs and 4 Ints. If not for a flaky defense and some bad calls in the playoffs, then this discussion is carrying a different tone.

I don't think that he's bad...I do think that he is now limited, and that is what a lot of people are focusing on. 

If y'all think Teddy is a better option for next season then you guys definitely didn't watch the games that he played. The defense carried the Saints to victory in those games and the offense only showed up for the Bucs game and in the 4th quarter of the Chicago game after their defense had been worn down.

Drew is the best option for next season. His arm strength isn't what it was a five years ago, but Teddy isn't stretching the field either. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MrnastiesNO said:

Why give up one person who fills several positions very well for the possible of a player to fill one position that makes absolutely zero sense.

He will be 30 at the start of the season. He has a desire to start at arguably his worst position and has been vocal about it. He now has his best year of tape and the "surprise" element of his plays will be gone next year.

If you get a 2nd round pick for him when you currently do not possess one...its a no brainer. 

• Like 1