NFL Combine

Doc Draper

On 2/20/2020 at 3:19 PM, Thaiphoon said:

Yeah. A friend clued me in to him a month ago. Been watching/reading everything I can about him when I have time.

It certainly helps us when he's got a coach mailing it in and a terrible QB throwing him the ball.   Not a lot of chances to show off, but the combine usually jumps guys like him up a notch. 

6 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

Lazy work on that.  We know the Redskins and Bengals are taking who they are taking.  I'm curious to see what people think are the plans for the Bengals with 2-1 and the Redskins with 3-2.

• Like 1

It’s interesting rumors hearing up the dolphins owner wants to trade up for Burrow. The bengals gm knocked down talk that the bengals were not considering any trades for the pick. The dolphins are loaded with picks. It would take guts- but trading 1 to the dolphins for 3 1’s would be the kind of move that can propel a team. 

5 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Lazy work on that.  We know the Redskins and Bengals are taking who they are taking.  I'm curious to see what people think are the plans for the Bengals with 2-1 and the Redskins with 3-2.

Keep in mind wouldn’t it shock the world for a scenario like this happening- 

Dolphins acquire number 1. Then on draft day  trade ( Lions)  number 1 for number 3. The lions take Chase, and what do we do? Either trade or take the tweeter lb or a cb. We would probably have to drop down too low to take Simmons or the top CB.  the dolphins get their pick of quarterbacks ( take Burrows) at a much discounted cost of picks. 

reminds me of Draft Day the movie 

10 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

Dolphins acquire number 1. Then on draft day  trade ( Lions)  number 1 for number 3. The lions take Chase, and what do we do? Either trade or take the tweeter lb or a cb. We would probably have to drop down too low to take Simmons or the top CB.  the dolphins get their pick of quarterbacks ( take Burrows) at a much discounted cost of picks. 

That was a terrible movie ! Those trades were just so unrealistic. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

That was a terrible movie ! Those trades were just so unrealistic. 

It was ridiculous- by draft day you better have conducted the equivalent of a proctology exam on all the prospects- and they didn't- I did think it very accurate for the Redskins where a former Skins President banging somebody in the closet as a stress reliever lol 

This year's group is loaded at wide receiver and not as deep at edge rusher, tight end and linebacker as it's been in the last few years. The quarterback class again is strong, led by national champion Joe Burrow with big questions looming over Tua Tagovailoa's health. Jeremiah

The Denver Broncos and Los Angeles Rams, two teams that missed the playoffs last season, are leaving their assistants behind this year, figuring their staffs can watch the on-field drills on broadcasts and review taped interviews without having to fly to Indianapolis.

The decisions save upwards of $50,000 per team, but at what cost?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2020/02/24/big-changes-are-coming-to-the-nfl-scouting-combine-this-year/111365820/

1 hour ago, Doc Draper said:

This year's group is loaded at wide receiver and not as deep at edge rusher, tight end and linebacker as it's been in the last few years. The quarterback class again is strong, led by national champion Joe Burrow with big questions looming over Tua Tagovailoa's health. Jeremiah

The Denver Broncos and Los Angeles Rams, two teams that missed the playoffs last season, are leaving their assistants behind this year, figuring their staffs can watch the on-field drills on broadcasts and review taped interviews without having to fly to Indianapolis.

The decisions save upwards of $50,000 per team, but at what cost?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2020/02/24/big-changes-are-coming-to-the-nfl-scouting-combine-this-year/111365820/

LOL, that is hilarious.  $50,000 is nothing to these teams.  

• Like 1

Attention! Joe Burrows has tiny hands. 9 inches? Not a great selling point for either playing in cold dreary Cinn or for impressing would be Targets (girls) at a bar. 
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28772745/source-joe-burrow-measured-9-inch-hands-nfl-combine

Every year I have laughed at all the posts that a qb had 9.5 inch hands- but 9 inches? Maybe we nickname him “Tiny”  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

then we ask for a kings ransom from the guess who? CAROLINA PANTHERS, we drop down pretty far but I can see an RG# like compensation from them. remember his OC at LSU is with Carolina and Matt Rhule may want to take his own qb, especially if Cam is traded