NFL Combine

Doc Draper

5 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Missouri TE running a 4.49 at 258lbs.

4th fastest for a TE since 2003. And hes bigger than those ahead.

Know theres some Pinkney fans out there. I thought he had potential. But 5.00 40. He is SLOW getting up to speed.

At that speed he better be a hell of a blocker. 

Yeah, Albert Okwuegbunam is a hell of a prospect. At one time some scouts thought he's go at the end of the 1st. If he falls to the 3rd we’d be foolish to pass on him.

6’5, 258 and 23 TDs over his 3 year career. He wasn’t as good as most thought he’d be this year which probably had something to do with Qb play going from Drew Lock to Kelly Bryant.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

Claypool ran a 4.42 in the 40 at 238! I’m pretty much sold that if he’s there in the 3rd I want him learning to block right away and gain another 7-10 pounds. 

Could be the next big thing at TE if he’s up for the switch. If not then we still get a huge big bodied WR that can run

Sounds good to me. I'd take him at WR or TE tbh but prefer TE but he's a mismatch against corners, safeties and LBs with that size/speed combo! Wow!

• Like 1

Combine TE Winners:

Cole Kmet, TE Notre Dame - came in better than listed with good size. Put up all around great drill numbers besides the 3-cone. Could he end up as the #1 TE?

Adam Trautman TE Dayton - I haven't seen him play, but he put up good enough numbers for me to take a look.

Combine TE Losers:

Colby Parksinson, TE Stanford: Not much there besides his elite height.

Harrison Bryant, TE FAU

Jared Pickney, TE Vanderbilt - Ouch, a 4.98 forty? 

Stock about the same:

Brycen Hopkins, TE Purdue: His Height/Weight isn't impressive but he put up pretty solid numbers besides the 3-cone. I'm not sure he proved himself as the #1 Tight end

Hunter Bryant, TE Washington - Pretty much the same as Brycen Hopkins.

Edited by taylor made
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, taylor made said:

Combine TE Winners:

Cole Kmet, TE Notre Dame - came in better than listed with good size. Put up all around great drill numbers besides the 3-cone. Could he end up as the #1 TE?

Adam Trautman TE Dayton - I haven't seen him play, but he put up good enough numbers for me to take a look.

Combine TE Losers:

Harrison Bryant, TE FAU

Stock about the same:

Brycen Hopkins, TE Purdue: His Height/Weight isn't impressive but he put up pretty solid numbers besides the 3-cone. I'm not sure he proved himself as the #1 Tight end

Thanks for the write ups Taylor Made! Norte Dame always produces good to great TEs. I guess it’s where those big white athletic catholic boys always want to play. I like 6’5, 250 & 43 recs w/ 6 TDs.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Thanks for the write ups Taylor Made! Norte Dame always produces good to great TEs. I guess it’s where those big white athletic catholic boys always want to play. I like 6’5, 250 & 43 recs w/ 6 TDs.

He has the Jason Witten or Kyle Rudolph playstyle. He uses his size real well compared to the TE Tautman who is more like a WR out there in a TE body.  Kmet is deceptively fast out there as well.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I keep watching that 40. It was effortless. I don't mean that in a bad way either. I don't think he was running as hard as he could so I think he could run even faster. Of course, this type of running give me more of an accurate idea of game speed (in pads). So even then, it's VERY impressive

• Like 3

Initial WR thoughts:

Winners:

Antonion Golden-Gandy, WR Liberty: Looks like the real deal. Has great size, strength (22 reps, whoa) and decent enough speed.

Brandon Aiyuk, WR Arizona St. - He did passable in most of the testing but that 40" vertical could have put him over the top.

Losers:

K.J. Hill, WR Ohio State - He has a lot of fans on this board, but he's a hard pass for me. He's average and slow. Not a good combo. Remember McLaurin's 4.3 forty? Yeah.

Isaiah Hodgins, WR Oregon St. - I thought he was my sleeper WR, but he disappointed. 9 bench reps at his size? C'mon man.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, taylor made said:

Combine TE Winners:

Combine TE Losers:

Harrison Bryant, TE FAU

Jared Pickney, TE Vanderbilt - Ouch, a 4.98 forty? 

Stock about the same:

I said a previous post on the combine these TEs dont look fluent with motion. Most of their upper bodies moved like Robocop. But you can see a bit of a Wentz type player in Kmet and Trautman.

Im a LSU guy and would have said Sullivan in the 6th if there. But he snagged everything thrown at him with no effort and silky smooth motion while about every other TE looked stiff doing the gauntlet drill. 1 TE, from USF or FAU only caught 1 ball in the drill and others missed up to 3-4 on runs.

Sullivan, Albert O, Kmet and Trautman are all that have a chance of being a quality starter from this bunch active I feel.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, taylor made said:

Initial WR thoughts:

Winners:

Antonion Golden-Gandy, WR Liberty: Looks like the real deal. Has great size, strength (22 reps, whoa) and decent enough speed.

Brandon Aiyuk, WR Arizona St. - He did passable in most of the testing but that 40" vertical could have put him over the top.

Losers:

K.J. Hill, WR Ohio State - He has a lot of fans on this board, but he's a hard pass for me. He's average and slow. Not a good combo. Remember McLaurin's 4.3 forty? Yeah.

Isaiah Hodgins, WR Oregon St. - I thought he was my sleeper WR, but he disappointed. 9 bench reps at his size? C'mon man.

All LSU nation is surprised as the announcer with Jefferson. Know hes an amazing wr that catches everything. But figured 4.5+ to 4.65 range. This is BIG for his value.

But lookie lookie. Announcer shocked too. lol

Edited by PARROTHEAD
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Anyone know anything more about Ruggs (WR). Just ran a 4.28

Hes solid in all aspects. Open field running, catching, routes, getting open. But overshadowed by a guy that does all things a bit better but the speed part.

Personally. If I needed a WR. Id be looking at him in the 2nd. But for us. With an early 3rd pick. Depends on whats off my board but hed be in contention for my early 3rd.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I keep watching that 40. It was effortless. I don't mean that in a bad way either. I don't think he was running as hard as he could so I think he could run even faster. Of course, this type of running give me more of an accurate idea of game speed (in pads). So even then, it's VERY impressive

It’d be nice if we could find a guy like him to be our poor man's Jordan Reed and then later on take blocking TE or just keep developing Sprinkle & Hentges in those roles.

40 minutes ago, taylor made said:

Initial WR thoughts:

Winners:

Losers:

KJ Hill’s skills translate more to a possession WR. You don't have to he a burner to be a good WR, he's a great route runner, he has quickness, route running ability and strength but not top end speed, just like Kelvin Harmon. I think KJ Hill will be a good reliable NFL receiver that will catch a lot of passes but won't have a lot of explosive plays aka a possession WR.