NFL Combine

Doc Draper

7 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

Matt Turks nephew is a beast- 25 reps on bench as a punter. That’s more than two guys who started on our O- line Roullier and Geron. Maybe three but Moses never did the bench press 

this group of wide receivers is the best I’ve seen in a while. 

at QB Love and Herbert will be over drafted before Fromm and Fromm will be better. Some guys will undoubtedly hype Herbert into the top 10 which he’s nowhere near being associated with.. hurts is just so impressive. 

Doc’s top 5 uarterback rankings

Tua, Fromm, Burrows, Hurts, Eason

Going to lmao if somebody drafts Herbert or Love in round 1. 

I got to disagree after watching the drills. Justin Herbert had a pretty good workout yesterday and was just flicking the ball with his wrist. not to mention he has good size. I think Fromm struggled a bit. didnt look like he had good power on the deep balls. a lot of underthrows.

I think Herbert goes number 2 or 3 depending on how Tua does at his proday

Eason also looked pretty impressive. my rankings would be (as of now)

Burrow, Herbert, Tua, Eason, Hurts, Love, Fromm

Edited by LoganF89
  • Like 1

Mims probably ran his way out of our range with that 4.38, which is a shame. I think he has star potential. 

My #1 realistic option at the top of Round 3 will likely continue to be WR Michael Pittman. Running a 4.5 at 220+ well-built pounds means he’s got enough speed to get by, and his numbers of 6.96 and 4.14 in the 3-cone and shuttle mean he’s got enough lateral movement ability to not just be a straight line player. Add in quality performance at the Senior Bowl and his ridiculous production this year, and he’s checking all the boxes for me.

In my book, he’s the perfect complement to McLaurin. Great size, great ball skills, toughness to make plays in traffic, possession receiver type. Basically a better version of Harmon. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Mims probably ran his way out of our range with that 4.38, which is a shame. I think he has star potential. 

My #1 realistic option at the top of Round 3 will likely continue to be WR Michael Pittman. Running a 4.5 at 220+ well-built pounds means he’s got enough speed to get by, and his numbers of 6.96 and 4.14 in the 3-cone and shuttle mean he’s got enough lateral movement ability to not just be a straight line player. Add in quality performance at the Senior Bowl and his ridiculous production this year, and he’s checking all the boxes for me.

In my book, he’s the perfect complement to McLaurin. Great size, great ball skills, toughness to make plays in traffic, possession receiver type. Basically a better version of Harmon. 

Haven’t really watched USC, but will take a look at some videos on what you’re saying. Value your opinion E! 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

13 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Anquan Boldin .. ??

17 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Mims looks like Godwin 2.0

15 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Really? lol.

I was watching this Gauntlet drill thinking the opposite.

I thought his upper body was a bit stiff. His shoulder movement for some reason made me think hed have trouble going up for balls. And he drifts the way hes looking so much. He was over a yard off the line theyre to try to run down strait as possible.

I recorded it so I'll go back and rewatch. TBH I was working on my laptop at the time and was giving it maybe 1/2 my attention so you might be right.

5 hours ago, e16bball said:

He’s a beast. I’d prefer a TE at that pick but would never be upset with him he’s a gamer. Their biggest games was his biggest games except last year he struggled I’d have to check my notes but solid player for sure

Final WR thoughts:

Some of the WR's really faded at the combine. But the class is loaded so it should be interesting.

Stock Rose:

WR Devin Duvernay - I watched a little bit of Duvernay earlier this year and I'll have to watch more. He seemed pretty productive.

WR Quartney Davis - Here's a guy I don't know much about and will have to take a look at the tape to get a better opinion. I love when the combine does this.

Stock Stayed the Same:

WR Jalen Raegor - I wrote about him too soon, he bombed some important agility drills. That's a bit of a concern at his size.

WR Antonio Golden Gandy - His agility drills were awful and pretty much nullified his great start. Being a small school guy, he really needed to separate from the pack and did not.

WR Gabriel Davis - Davis was another sleeper for me and did enough but he didn't really exceed anyone's expectations when he needed to coming out of UCF. I thought his tape was pretty good, but he ran a lot slower than he looked playing.

WR Isaiah Hodges - I wrote about him too soon as it looked like he was heading towards a mediocre combine. He turned it around with the agility drills and that is unique for a man his size. I'm not sure if he separated from the pack though.

Stock Questionable:

WR Jerry Jeudy - I wrote about this earlier and props for Jeudy for participating in the combine, but he didn't have a great one. I wouldn't be shocked if he falls out of the top 10 and if he's not the #1 WR on the board now. I just don't see the potential for him to dominate.

Initial WR Rankings & Put together way too fast:

Tier 1: Henry Ruggs - Top 10

Tier 2: JJeudy/CD Lamb/Justin Jefferson - Mid Round 1-Late First Value

Tier 3: Brandon Aiyuk/Donovan People-Jones/KJ Hamler - Mid Second Round

Tier 4: Michael Pittman/Tee Higgins - Late Second/Early Third

Tier 5: Jalen Raegor - Third Round

Tier 6: Lavishka Shenault - Late Third Round

Still to Rate: Denzel Sims, Duvernay & Quartney Davis - All expected to be in the top 3 rounds.

Shenault is definitely a tough scout (as someone mentioned earlier) but I think he goes a good deal earlier than the 3rd. After the way AJ Brown dominated as a rookie, I think a guy with Viska’s size, physicality, and killer YAC abilities is going to be in demand. He may fall to the 2nd, after having been in my top 20 for most of the season — thanks to a pedestrian 40 time and some legit durability concerns — but someone is going to get a damn good player in him. If he’s there at 65, I wouldn’t hesitate on him either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

He’s a beast. I’d prefer a TE at that pick but would never be upset with him he’s a gamer. Their biggest games was his biggest games except last year he struggled I’d have to check my notes but solid player for sure

TE would definitely be better from a fit/need standpoint (as would ILB, FS, and CB, most likely, at this point at least), but it would just kill me to walk away from Day 2 of this draft without grabbing one of the incredible number of legit WR1/2 prospects in this year’s draft. I think lots of these guys go in the 1st round or very early 2nd of most typical drafts, but some of them are really going to be there for us at 65. 

We could really use players at other positions, but I think “Best Available WR” at 65 is just going to be flat out, head and shoulders more talented than “Best Available TE” or “Best Available ILB.” I couldn’t pass on a true potential game-changer like Pittman or Mims or Aiyuk (or Visky if he drops) to take a decent/solid prospect at another position.

Incidentally, this is a big part of my motivation for trading Kerrigan. If we could get another 3rd for him, it would free us up to target a need and dip into this epic WR pool on Day 2. 

• Like 1