Is Big Ben done?

notthatbluestuff

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Man I've never seen a fanbase so upset and defensive that one of their star players is getting old and declining.

Hope this is directed at Brady, because most Steeler fans admit Ben is almost done.

Big Ben Roethlisberger is capable of winning another Super Bowl if he wants it.

That's been the problem with him for so many years.  He's an incredibly brilliant quarterback that has been marred by an apparent lack of leadership.  

Ben in his youth was one of the most incredible achievements the football world had ever seen.  

Took his team to 15-1 as a rookie, and is still the youngest QB to ever win a Super Bowl.  The way he executed wins as a play extender was so epic.  

Ben was absolutely born to be a QB in the NFL, and anybody who says he's not a Hall of Famer can go get a brain evaluation.  

But there's been a lot of times in Ben's career in which none of that ever mattered.  He just simply didn't want it enough.  

And, that is truly the only thing stopping him.  His health is a factor, but it's not the whole story.  It's his mentality.  

Edited by RamblinMan99
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

You haven’t noticed Ben’s play taking a turn for the worse? Then you haven’t been watching. 

Completed 67% of his passes in 2018, 34 TD to 16 INT over 5000 yards, yes bulk statistics has something to do with it, but he still had 7.6 YPA so it's not like he's just captain checkdown. He'd do well to reduce turnovers. Still a good season though.

2 hours ago, lolsurebro said:

Ben triple-patty-burger would snap the wagon in half, first off.

Winning a superbowl last year and making the playoffs again this year with a completely mangled offense that couldn't do anything = Tom is falling off the wagon.

Throwing your own arm out on a pass and turning into Yukon Cornelius over the 2019 season = streamlined performance.

k.

To add to the thread without just making this about TB12 - I think Ben will be back next year. It's pretty much 100% happening. Unless he throws out his back eating a corndog or something.

I don't know if anyone else had this happen, but that Yukon Cornelius reference went right over my head. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I don't know if anyone else had this happen, but that Yukon Cornelius reference went right over my head. 

Eh he was a big bellied/bearded character from a Christmas movie.

I’ll be civil.

Ben hasn’t played in a year. I don’t see him coming back and being better than Tom Brady. Tom Brady “on the edge of the cliff“ is still better than Ben, IMO.

Regardless, Ben is a solid QB and he’ll be back next year.

Edited by lolsurebro

1 hour ago, lolsurebro said:

Eh he was a big bellied/bearded character from a Christmas movie.

I’ll be civil.

Ben hasn’t played in a year. I don’t see him coming back and being better than Tom Brady. Tom Brady “on the edge of the cliff“ is still better than Ben, IMO.

Regardless, Ben is a solid QB and he’ll be back next year.

Oh ok.  Being an old goat, I actually watched Yukon Cornelius on that tv show about Kris Kringle when it first aired.  I just didn't realize he was being compared to Ben Roethlisberger.  Now it makes sense!  xD

11 hours ago, Danger said:

Sorry bro, Pats fans are in denial that Tom Brady is falling off the wagon. I've seen nothing of the sort from Ben.

when is the last time you actually saw Ben though? Lets not forget the fact he had Tommy John surgery. 

I'm definitely not saying that brady is better than ben, just saying you dont know how Ben will look next year.

It is good that the injury happened so early. Not his first injury however, I think he may be one of those guys that is forced into retirement 

10 hours ago, Danger said:

Man I've never seen a fanbase so upset and defensive that one of their star players is getting old and declining.

Have you ever heard rockets fans complain about harden not winning MVP? lol